Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
So according to The Balance, the relic gear is better than i490.... so glad I went out of my way to cap tomes the past 2 months!

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anyone know if character slots open late at night on behemoth still? my buddie just grabbed the game for something to do during quarantine but he cant make one on my server lol

Malkav

French Madman
So according to The Balance, the relic gear is better than i490.... so glad I went out of my way to cap tomes the past 2 months!

I think that'll highly depend on the job.

Because the GNB one with tenacity and determination sure doesnt look like BiS, even with 5 materia slots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was able to knock out all the craft relics, and finish the combat relic quest where I can get whatever one for 1k poetics before FF7:R came out. The gathering ones suck, though. Just a timesink (craft ones are too, ~450-475 macros and you're done, but at least I had all the mats I needed already so no randomness to it).

So you can get resistance (relic) gear from doing the Extreme trial version of the Duty for the weapons? Little weird they turned that into an 8 man thing if so.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's wild how fast levequests lvl crafting professions now, figured i'd fuck around and get fishing to 80 slowly
took like 2.5 hours lol

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Bought the complete collection today since I can’t seem to track down my old account and only had ARR - going to play a white mage again, leveled to 50 and just couldn’t find a good FC that fit my playtime. Think I quit playing a few months before Heavensward.

Merrith

Bought the complete collection today since I can’t seem to track down my old account and only had ARR - going to play a white mage again, leveled to 50 and just couldn’t find a good FC that fit my playtime. Think I quit playing a few months before Heavensward.

You have so much good ahead of you. Especially if you were done all the MSQ up to Heavensward.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider

You can upgrade the 490 tomestone stuff to 500 in the 5.3 patch (or if you raid, now). We dont know if this era relic armor will work like last expansion, where the anemos armor was on par with 5.2 raid gear, then that armor was finished and we got NEW armor in 5.4 and 5.45 with the cool glow. Based on it coming from an EX level trial, it's probably a 1-off for now.

Im on Coeurl if you need anything.

Hello fellow Coeurlian.

I recommend doing all the available blue quests for unlocking the dungeons, even if you dont clear the dungeon and keep the quest in the log, as that will add them to roulettes, and you can complete them while getting your daily bonuses.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Hit level 30, playing on Zalera so the XP bonus is keeping me way over leveled against the MSQ. Had to stop doing side quests so I could get to the Chocobo quest since running from Horizon to Waking Sands was already getting old. Now riding can get old...

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
I started leveling an alt recently on Lamia(Primal) so I can have another set of lockouts. I got to 54 when I finished original ARR. As soon as I started the post patches before HW I went and spent the $11 dollars to skip it. No regrets.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hit level 30, playing on Zalera so the XP bonus is keeping me way over leveled against the MSQ. Had to stop doing side quests so I could get to the Chocobo quest since running from Horizon to Waking Sands was already getting old. Now riding can get old...
Yeah if you have Road to 70, you basically will get way more xp than needed just doing the essential quest(MSQ, class and unlock stuff). It's good if you want to level several classes in parallel though, I did Paladin and Scholar with the buff off MSQ and daily leveling roulettes alone and got both to 50+ before getting the ARR MSQ done. It's also excelent if you want to level gathering classes and shit to make some money on the side(can make decent money off stuff like Flax and Silver Ores since they're used in high lvl crafting for example).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Guys, its a bit quicker to just take the boat to Waking Sands. Big City Crystal > inner city crystal > boat > there. If you're playing on a non-shit hard drive, it's fairly quick. Much more so than taking a taxi from the crystal to there the other way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, just TP to Limsa, use the Aethernet to the Arcanist guild, and use the ferryman there and you end up right next to the Waking Sands.

• 1Like

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not big fan of the new beast tribe being crafting. Was hoping for another battle one with the restoration. Beginning of the 2.0 streamlining and flying is great. Not sure what to think of the unreal difficulty. Not sure if they are being changed or just scaled up to 80...
  • Patch 5.3
    • Reflections In Crystal
  • New MSQ
    • Shadowbringers MSQ conclusion
  • New Dungeon
    • The Heroes' Gauntlet
  • New Beast Tribe
    • Dwarves
    • Focused on crafting
  • New Chronicles of a New Era
    • The Sorrow of Werlyt
  • New Trials
    • New Alliance Raid
    • YoRHA: Dark Apocalypse Chapter 2
    • The Puppet's Bunker
  • Job Adjustments
    • PvE
    • PvP
    • Frontline roulette changed to include all FL modes.
  • Resistance Weapons
    • First step for upgrading weapons
    • Large-scale instance: The Bozjan Southern Front
  • DoH/L updates
    • Trial Synthesis
    • Recipe search using materials in your inventory
    • New custom delivery NPC
    • Collectable changes
    • Fixed list of items for turn-ins
    • Ishgardian Restoration
      • Third phase
      • New ranking period which rewards special achievements & titles
    • Skysteel tools upgrades
  • A Realm Reborn changes (A Realm Revamped?)
    • Streamlined MSQ quests
    • Approximately 13% content removed
    • Other quest content streamlined, much less grindy/bloated and less steps, better for new players
    • EXP boost and more gear rewards from quests. No need to do side quests to reach level 50 and beyond for HW.
    • Crystal Tower quest series and "My Little Chocobo" quest are now required for MSQ progression
    • Mounts can now fly in ARR areas
    • Requires completion of "The Ultimate Weapon" quest
    • Companions can fly at that point, but mounts cannot enter bodies of water
  • Unreal Trials and Faux Hollows
    • New trial difficulty (Unreal)
    • Old trials adjusted for level 80 gameplay at this difficulty, 1 per major patch
    • Complete the trial to play the Faux Hollows mini-game
  • Misc updates
    • Parties can now 'merge', via PF. An existing party can join a different party.
    • Can set no duplicate job requirement in PF.
    • Can use World Visit whilst in a cross-world party.
    • New NG+ chapters
    • Parasols will get a new menu
    • New token exchange NPCs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So here's something that blew my mind. You dont go Horizon > Waking Sands. You take the boat from Limsa Lominsa @ the Arcanists aetherite stone.

Edit: Shit just saw people beat me to it. GJ gents!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users