Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Worst girl? Funny I miss her this expansion.

I'm sure they'll be more stuff, but it was more just things happening to Scions within the SB areas. We'll see if they figure out how to send the rest of the Scions home from the First in 5.3 MSQ.
Actually thinking about it, they'll probably do a thing where they'll be able to travel back and forth, unless they do the 5.4 raid storyline with everyone else but you gone, which would be kinda weird I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

When they say 5.3 wraps up the ShB MSQ, that just means the main plot of ShB. The next 2 major patches will basically be the story that leads up to the new expansion.

So presumably, that means we resolve the Scions trapped on the 1st, whatever the heck is going on with Crystal Exarch, and the "everyone is a WoL on the 1st" stuff.

Malkav

French Madman
Actually thinking about it, they'll probably do a thing where they'll be able to travel back and forth, unless they do the 5.4 raid storyline with everyone else but you gone, which would be kinda weird I think.

Well, we had a cutscene at the end of 5.2/Eden second tier with Thancred saying goodbye to Rynn, so I'm pretty sure we are going that way.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least this expansion they added a way to unlock mount ground speed earlier, so the first thing I did in every ShB zone other than the 2 split ones was run 6FATEs and buy the riding map for that zone to run around faster.

Wait what?!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just bought this, and now I can't log into an account I just created.

These people can't even get account creation right? Amazing that MMO companies only hire dip shits these days.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Honestly the worst part about FF14 these days is the account creation process. you have to keep an eye on what version you bought and use the appropriate launcher or it wont let you log in. Though if you have the steam version you can add a command line argument to the shortcut of -issteam and it should launch without needing to go through steam.

• 1Faggotry

Fucker

Log Wizard
Honestly the worst part about FF14 these days is the account creation process. you have to keep an eye on what version you bought and use the appropriate launcher or it wont let you log in. Though if you have the steam version you can add a command line argument to the shortcut of -issteam and it should launch without needing to go through steam.

Yeah. I bought it from their website and used the launcher they linked. I tried pw reset and all that other shit and nothing worked. I have since found out that it is a common problem, often with no resolution.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah. I bought it from their website and used the launcher they linked. I tried pw reset and all that other shit and nothing worked. I have since found out that it is a common problem, often with no resolution.
Well there's issues but the description of your problem isn't much to go with, what do you mean you can't log in with it, does it say it's the wrong password, does it close and do nothing, do you get the common patching error, does the game crash etc.

Odds for fixes are you're filling the One Time Password line even though you don't have one set(that's the authenticator shit), you're using the wrong login/pass for the launcher which isn't the same as your square enix account but instead should be the one you use on the mogstation, you didn't open your account properly on said mogstation so your account technically doesn't exist, windows firewall bullshit and that should cover most of the common issues I think.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well there's issues but the description of your problem isn't much to go with, what do you mean you can't log in with it, does it say it's the wrong password, does it close and do nothing, do you get the common patching error, does the game crash etc.

Odds for fixes are you're filling the One Time Password line even though you don't have one set(that's the authenticator shit), you're using the wrong login/pass for the launcher which isn't the same as your square enix account but instead should be the one you use on the mogstation, you didn't open your account properly on said mogstation so your account technically doesn't exist, windows firewall bullshit and that should cover most of the common issues I think.

NM...tried it one last time and it worked. I guess their account creation system is slow as balls.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
NM...tried it one last time and it worked. I guess their account creation system is slow as balls.
That is also possible yeah.

Not gonna lie their shit is fucking outdated and confusing and it's a shame a modern company runs this kind of stuff(although the optimists will say it's better than FFXI shit, which while true isn't saying much), but GENERALLY you can get most stuff fixed and going, and once it's setup it works pretty alright. Hell even the last expansion launch was pretty smooth even though it was their biggest expansion.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
As bad as FFXIV account management can be it doesn't hold a flame to FFXI.

I tried FFXI, realized it wasn't for me and cancelled day 1 so it wouldn't auto-renew. I could not log in on day 2. That's all I remember about their account management lol.

Cybsled

Their website to game and integration is slow. Ever buy anything from the mogstation? Sometimes it can take days for it to show up ingame.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess I've been lucky so far. My interactions have been good. Not only when I setup my personal account years ago, but also when I setup my girlfriends account back about a month before Shadowbringers came out. I never intend to buy anything off the mogstation if I dont have too, so that could be a reason to the rhyme. I will say that having different logins and passwords between the game and the mogstation may be more "secure" but it is quite annoying when you're coming back to the game after a hiatus.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Cleaning up a few quests in my journal but I am having trouble doing the first Ixali beast tribe quest. Pretty sure I discarded the Ehcatl Wristguards and the Vendor wont sell me anything. Saw a few Reddit posts from a few years ago saying it was bugged? Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get these Wristguards?

Also, I leveled my first DoH/DoL classes purely through Ishagard just to check it off my list. Haven't really touched them since, but might start casually gearing them. I know about the new Skysteel tools, but do I just turn in collectables in Eulmore for the I470 white scrip gear?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cleaning up a few quests in my journal but I am having trouble doing the first Ixali beast tribe quest. Pretty sure I discarded the Ehcatl Wristguards and the Vendor wont sell me anything. Saw a few Reddit posts from a few years ago saying it was bugged? Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get these Wristguards?

Also, I leveled my first DoH/DoL classes purely through Ishagard just to check it off my list. Haven't really touched them since, but might start casually gearing them. I know about the new Skysteel tools, but do I just turn in collectables in Eulmore for the I470 white scrip gear?

There's crafted 460 gear that's the best if you overmeld materia. But if you're not worried about all that can probably just get white scrip stuff.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
There's crafted 460 gear that's the best if you overmeld materia. But if you're not worried about all that can probably just get white scrip stuff.

Nice that's even better, thanks. Haven't gotten into over melding yet, but i'd much rather learn that and burn gil than grind another currency.

It's crazy, i've been playing this game on and off since ARR Beta (technically 1.0 Beta). Gotta be over 1,000 hours played over 3 different consoles and I am still a total noob.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Says the Ixali vendor sells them, you checked the right one? It's a normal vendor for gold not the one that trades tokens. If it doesn't sell them it'd mean you haven't done the starting quest. It's in New Gridania, Bad Bladder, check Scarlet, she might have more than one quest so it won't show up properly on the minimap so talk to her to check. Then starting the Reaching for Cloud Nine quest should give you some gloves to do it. In case of, use /isearch Ehcatl and see if they're anywhere.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Says the Ixali vendor sells them, you checked the right one? It's a normal vendor for gold not the one that trades tokens. If it doesn't sell them it'd mean you haven't done the starting quest. It's in New Gridania, Bad Bladder, check Scarlet, she might have more than one quest so it won't show up properly on the minimap so talk to her to check. Then starting the Reaching for Cloud Nine quest should give you some gloves to do it. In case of, use /isearch Ehcatl and see if they're anywhere.

Yes! Didn't know about /isearch, but that did it! I swear i'm going braindead, I literally checked everywhere BUT my Armory Chest. For some reason I was convinced it would be a quest item or in my inventory, despite also knowing it had to be equipped. This is humbling, 20 year old me playing EQ would be so embarrassed.