Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I cannot get past First Beast in Amaurot. Tried a few times today on Whm and once the second wave of aerial AoEs start with the ground chaining AoEs it's game over. Making me feel my age.

If you're on primal feel free to hmu and we can run through it together.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a comprehensive site that lists which gloves overwrite the sleeves on a chest armor?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
ed9di3bhy6051.jpg

Thanks, I hate it.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This XP buff, sheesh. I'm 32 with no mount and can't become a Paladin yet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This XP buff, sheesh. I'm 32 with no mount and can't become a Paladin yet.
Yeah on a preferred server it goes super fast, best imo is to level an alt class and split the MSQ between the 2 classes, you can basically level 2 classes to 50(maybe higher I only did 50) without basically any other grinding(if your lower class can't do the MSQ you do one daily roulette dungeon and get like 3levels and that fixes it).

When I did my alt account I had a summoner and paladin from the MSQ and the summoner also gave me scholar, so basically all 3 archetypes at once. Can even gear them decently with poetics and quest rewards at 50, my summoner was the worst geared but I only used it to do solo quests, the other 2 had good enough gear to do dungeons/trials at 50 np and fast queues.

Obviously ymmv but it's nice to have several classes leveled when you want a change of pace or you want to do something different. For example I like running new dungeons on something else than tank first to see what's going on and how the pulls are done. Generally healer due to fast queues. Even if you don't like the idea, you could just level warrior to get both tanks and switch between them when you like. WAR will do solo questing better once in HW due to having more burst and Paladin not getting their good DPS shit for a while(until Requiescat which iirc is SB levels).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did they ever condense the main story in this, or is it still like infinity hours of fetch quests to slog through by the time you're 50-ish?

I keep wanting to play it but every time I try I can't make it past the bit with the hideout in the Oasis and having to go fetch bear asses for them 20 times in a row and the infuriatingly long run back to that place.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Flying in ARR zones should also be a thing, so that's a speedy QoL improvement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Knowing S-E it'll require you to do a quest marginally shorter than the full MSQ in order to skip it.
You're not skipping thing, they're just trimming the quests and making them faster, and flying, but you're still going to do the full MSQ.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Working on Stormblood now, about halfway through - good stuff. Debating what else I want to try to level besides WHM while I have the Road to 70 buff - so far just working on BLM.

Is there a tank class that has a good balance of aggro tools and mitigation that’s fun to play?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Working on Stormblood now, about halfway through - good stuff. Debating what else I want to try to level besides WHM while I have the Road to 70 buff - so far just working on BLM.

Is there a tank class that has a good balance of aggro tools and mitigation that’s fun to play?
Every tank has more or less the same aggro tools and mitigation tools are fairly similar too, they normalized a bunch of stuff. I'd say the most "annoying" is still WAR due to Overpower being a cone instead of a circle, you can use the spinning axe move out of combo to gather mobs instead but it feels bad since well, it's off combo. As for mitigation, the "best" imo is DRK for casual content, but only after 70, when you get The Blackest Night, which is a great skill, but before that they're like super poop (relatively, they still can level fine) because they're more or less balanced around it. Finally PLD while great eventually gets most of his cool tools(proper melee rotation, heal, magic rotation) in HW or SB levels.

So the "best" choice would be GNB, who starts at 60 so you already have a well rounded character.

That said if you don't mind the low lvls being a bit boring, PLD is great too, and then if you prefer the aesthetics, WAR and DRK are definitely good, they just take longer(DRK) or need to play a bit better(WAR).

All tanks are nearly perfectly balanced currently and they have no glaring flaws I'd say, at least for casual content. For endgame, there's some edges but not necessarily that important either(if you play DRK you kinda want a WHM in your raid for the Living Dead/Benediction combo for example).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd forgotten just how hilarious alliance pugs are. I quit before the Lighthouse and Monastery released so was doing the first of those last night as part of the new relic line unlock and holy hell... what entertainment.