Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well whoever called Old Sharlayan was right. Maybe the Moon is just the last zone of the expansion?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was expecting late october/mid november, so about expected, they did this shit when they announced "Spring" then released like the last day of spring. Guess plenty of time to clear out stuff I wanted to do before the release.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kinda surprising, thought they'd add them eventually but with the corona stuff I thought they'd cut them and add them either later in the expansion or next expansion. Good for people who wanted them I guess, didn't care for female viera either.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I eventually got too annoyed by the hat situation on viera and switched back, but I did like them otherwise. If they do a better job on that front, i'd probably switch again. Otherwise nice, but pass.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmm I have a feeling that the moon is gonna act like the Empty from shadowbringers, but it's gonna have both the end game story as well as pandemonium(Anima!, and maybe Garlond which would be nice.....)

And that 8 person mount is only really good for hunts/map runners , and ya cerb is a 4 person mount like the car.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Observations I made:

1) Zenos' tower has the Tower of Zot music from FF4
2) There was one scene where they showed a dungeon that had 4 seasons/biomes...the floating crystal things looked like the ones from the Ascian city ruins dungeon (Amythis Ryder or whatever...the one where Bismark gives you a ride to the dungeon). So I suspect that might be on the moon, since the moon palace seemed to be Ascian. It might be that Labryinthos dungeon. They said it was underground, but they didnt say it was on "Earth"
3) That floating city thing 100% looked like Zeal. I know they aren't doing Chrono Trigger, but man that was a fucking tease.
4) That elf dude in Old Sharlyan is 100% Alphi and Alisae's dad
5) The key art has a woman at the top we haven't seen before. She seems to maybe be holding a mask. Ascian? Some people think it might be Venat, who was one of the Ascians who helped create Hydalean

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The key art btw:
442euuiyc7z61.png

Looks really nice. Woman on top definitely related to the end of the story, multiple things it could be, she could be an important Sharlayan character that will get them to help us, could be Minfillia 2.0(as Hydaelin's voice), could be an Ascian(there is a mask which would point to that, but hard to say if it's an Ascian mask). Also interesting they put Tataru front and center. Fandaniel isn't on there either, so might end up dying real soon(hell maybe in 5.55) and not have much of an impact on the story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Tataru getting the spot she deserves as the most important Scion.

And I imagine the lady in the back is going to be Venat, either as a direct helper or a new Hydaelin conduit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Tataru is the only one who knows the measurements of all the scions, literally inside and out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If you didn't watch the piano concert (it's quite good, BTW), you missed the best part of the fest yesterday.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
XIV is like one of the only MMO's I actively keep the sound on in. Some of the raids just get you so f'n pumped lol.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users