Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sooo the next Raid series my guess ... is gonna be Dalmasca(Not only Dalmasca but they are literally setting up the next Relic Weapon before this one is barely done) them hinting at the 4th getting the true Gunhildir blades has my mind going nuts, and also Noah saying that it is happening(The Gabranth bloodline curse), also this "Fran" might actually know the real Fran from 12(or is very closely related her)

Cybsled

Next raid series after Endwalker, you mean?

They already revealed what the next 8 man and 24 man will be

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Next raid series after Endwalker, you mean?

They already revealed what the next 8 man and 24 man will be

More the Relic areas. Heavily implied that Dalmasca is where we will head next at the end of the Bozja story

Goonsquad Officer
Wow just did the first levelling dungeon in Shadowbringers (The village in Lakeland). This shit is fantastic, really enjoyed tanking it. Where did this rock soundtrack come from?

WoW Shadowlands dungeons are total trash in comparison and this was literally just a burning village being attacked by creepy monsters.
Buckle up. Some of the shit gets wild

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing will prepare you for the final dungeon experience in shadowbringers. Even after over a year I still think about how awesome that was. You feel like you’re taking part in a movie

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Oh my god, the Stormblood patch MSQ is rough.

A lot of teleporting between continents to have one scene then teleport away. Don't even know if I'm done with it, just did the big battle dungeon.

The Ala Migo story is cringe shit, who is enjoying this? Fucking city leaders taking turns talking and they keep multiplying every expansion so there's even more of them to bitch and moan. I wish the Emperor just fucking beheaded them all right there.

Please tell me there's less of this in Shadowbringers given it's another world?
You mean to tell me you paraded around the WOW thread about using a controller and you havent even reached the max level in Shadowbringers? Tank is fine, but on some classes - my trigger dexterity massively deflates where as KB/M setup, I'm fine.
If you like pressing 9 button combos wait until you try ninja and press 20 something buttons before trick attack wears off! ;D

Every other class feels like playing in slow mo so far that I've tried after running my ninja up.
This. But since Chris Chris is playing a tank, I guess its a non issue. I can play a tank on the newest shit and still fall asleep if it wasnt for the ddr. Some of the classes Ive leveled up though? I feel like I have to take Adderall. I completely understand the GCD gripe at low level, but that excuse is asinine in the current tier.
Sooo the next Raid series my guess ... is gonna be Dalmasca(Not only Dalmasca but they are literally setting up the next Relic Weapon before this one is barely done) them hinting at the 4th getting the true Gunhildir blades has my mind going nuts, and also Noah saying that it is happening(The Gabranth bloodline curse), also this "Fran" might actually know the real Fran from 12(or is very closely related her)
Maybe? It looks that way? But I think they'll be outclassed rather quickly if they are relic weapons, which will go against the grain for what relic weapons have represented in my mind.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
ffxiv_05302021_223656_740.png

The Relic Weapons in 14 are different vs any other "Relic" they are more for the grind then anything else. They have always been grind fests FOREVER Zodiac, Anima, and Eurekan Relic Weapons the grind is crazy, Resistance Relics though are not crazy like the ones in the past, but they come close..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I'm catching up and I'm at the 15 Crystal Towers step. I already dread the 18 HW and 18 SB raids afterward. I think i'd rather do DR. Did DR for the first time yesterday and it was rather painless.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm catching up and I'm at the 15 Crystal Towers step. I already dread the 18 HW and 18 SB raids afterward. I think i'd rather do DR. Did DR for the first time yesterday and it was rather painless.

Farm the fates while que'ing for the raids(They upped the drop rate from the fates awhile ago for them, it isn't nearly as bad as it was.)

If you want too wait on DR for maybe a week(possibly) Then DR is gonna turn into a fucking joke, even DRS is gonna be the laughing stock of Savage cause of the new Honors and Lost Actions from Zadnor.. There is videos on Youtube of people playing around with Lost SpellChain and BLM are fucking the true glass cannons with it, too bad we can't use Ordained Essence though would be nice for unlimited Despairs ..... for 90s..

Watchers Essence -> Dynamis Dice(Till Crit Modifier) -> Spellchain -> Unload Fire4 and Despairs, Spellchain removes the casting time on spells so you're only waiting for the GCD to cycle.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
You mean to tell me you paraded around the WOW thread about using a controller and you havent even reached the max level in Shadowbringers? Tank is fine, but on some classes - my trigger dexterity massively deflates where as KB/M setup, I'm fine.

This. But since Chris Chris is playing a tank, I guess its a non issue. I can play a tank on the newest shit and still fall asleep if it wasnt for the ddr. Some of the classes Ive leveled up though? I feel like I have to take Adderall. I completely understand the GCD gripe at low level, but that excuse is asinine in the current tier.
I did 1-50 and 50-60 on PC as a White Mage. Hated the ARR MSQ but loved Heavensward MSQ.

When Shadowbringers was being advertised I did 60-70 as a White Mage on PS4 with a controller, loved the control scheme hated the Stormblood MSQ.

So began my saga of playing WoW Healing Priest with a controller. Healer is hardest to do with controller because of target switching, FF14 has a very very good targeting system on dpad and WoW can do similar with mods. Once set up it's superior to keyboard hotkeys imo.

So I just did 60-73 as a Gunbreaker, changing class because solo WHM DPS is ass even though the dungeon gameplay is great. Gunbreaker feels great solo DPS and tanking, I like that your DPS roation is on a 30 second cooldown so you can blast through things solo but in dungeons you don't invalidate dedicated DPS.

I went back to WoW because IRL friends came back for Classic/Shadowlands but never again. WHM has been superior to any iteration of WoW Priest and every time I come back to FF14 the class has been improved not redone, so I remember how to play. Gunbreaker has a great class fantasy of being Squall Renzokukening everything.

Merrith

Farm the fates while que'ing for the raids(They upped the drop rate from the fates awhile ago for them, it isn't nearly as bad as it was.)

If you want too wait on DR for maybe a week(possibly) Then DR is gonna turn into a fucking joke, even DRS is gonna be the laughing stock of Savage cause of the new Honors and Lost Actions from Zadnor.. There is videos on Youtube of people playing around with Lost SpellChain and BLM are fucking the true glass cannons with it, too bad we can't use Ordained Essence though would be nice for unlimited Despairs ..... for 90s..

Watchers Essence -> Dynamis Dice(Till Crit Modifier) -> Spellchain -> Unload Fire4 and Despairs, Spellchain removes the casting time on spells so you're only waiting for the GCD to cycle.

All of this. I did the alliance raids for the 18+18, which wasn't bad at the time because everyone was running them, but the fates are definitely doable now and groups running around a lot just farming them.

DR all just about how good everyone's damage is and how stupid (or new) the people in there are. I've had 45+ minute runs, and runs that are closer to 30 min.

Aazrael

I'm doing the relic stuff in bursts with a few runs then taking some time off from the game. Almost done with the Crystal Tower stuff now. Are the drop rate from Fates really bad and not worth doing besides while waiting for queue?

Goonsquad Officer
I did... lockes, steppes. And I forget thr other place. It wasn't bad. A few hours each

• 1Like

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to give this another try and see if I can't make a real go of it this time. I always tend to lose motivation around level 30 or so in the MSQ. I just keep hearing all of the expansion stuff is so cool. Any good written noob guides out there that are kept current? Just looking for something that will give me an idea of what's worth doing from the old expansions, if anything. Like, should I be doing some of the older trials or relic weapon stuff that I see people talking about, or just skipping that?

Malkav

French Madman
Old trials and raids are always interesting to do to see cool fights.

Relic are purely optional grinds that you do for the look of the weapons. And calling them grinds can be an understatement.