Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sneak seems super useful for everyone to have. I often swap to it when questing, just to bypass KOS mobs. Does only miner get it, or do all of them?
After awhile you're just flying all over, Sneak is good for what it is designed for Gathering classes to get around mobs(Cause honestly .... they have 0 combat skill rofl.)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Gathering classes still have Cross-Class actions. They are only for adding the Resource sense abilities too Fisher/Miner/Botanist. It's under Actions & Traits -> Additional

After awhile you're just flying all over, Sneak is good for what it is designed for Gathering classes to get around mobs(Cause honestly .... they have 0 combat skill rofl.)
When the fuck am I gonna get my ground mount anyways?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
When the fuck am I gonna get my ground mount anyways?
Shortly after joining a Grand Company(Part of the MSQ) You will get the "My Little Chocobo" quest. The Chocobo is part of the story so just keep playing. You won't be able too fly till you finish a certain point in ARR though. Also when you get you're Chocobo go to Bentbranch meadows and talk to the Choco keeper there so you can get the ability too "summon" the birb as a companion(Also let's you dye the feathers, if you have access to a stable)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You get flight after beating the ultima weapon thing. Source: I just did it.

Should I bother doing this relic weapon quest? It looks way worse than the weapon I already have?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Should I bother doing this relic weapon quest? It looks way worse than the weapon I already have?

There only good for glam now a day's and well the achievements if you're that kind of player. Zodiac, Anima and Eureka Relics are all just glamour items now.

Cybsled

You can ignore the old relic quests unless you like the looks. You're going to outlevel that shit almost instantly anyways.

Remember that Mordona has all the augmented magitek weapons/armor you can buy for Poetics once you hit 50. Can give you a decent ilevel boost. Same holds true for HW and SB as well once you hit max level and unlock the tome vendors at the "hubs".

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I've got like 1800 of these things saved up. Does this currency work for level 60 or 70 armor, or only the level 50 stuff? I'm almost 60 now so not sure if I should save it or spend it on level 50 stuff.

Goonsquad Officer

The only thing worth doing is Eureka armor if you like your class set. Or if you really love a relic for glamor. Otherwise quests and tombstones will gear you to 80

Goonsquad Officer
Yea I've got like 1800 of these things saved up. Does this currency work for level 60 or 70 armor, or only the level 50 stuff? I'm almost 60 now so not sure if I should save it or spend it on level 50 stuff.
Poetics go to 70. After that you need.... uhh revelation?

Each expansion has a high level quest and tome hub. They tend to unlock toward the end. Mordana is the one for arr

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It works for level 50, 60, and 70 sets. Basically once the next expansion starts, the highest old tomestone gear becomes available for poetics. A nice catch up mechanic.

Malkav

French Madman
As long as it isn't Savage or Extreme content watching a MTQ/Happy vid gives you the gist then after seeing it once or twice a competent gamer can pick it up and do it.

But that relies on people being competent and trying to actually learn.

They work well for Savage and EX too. I like MTQ, she keeps it short and to the point. MrHappy's are way too long.

The other was probably Ilya and his infamous Ilya strat for E8S.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They work well for Savage and EX too. I like MTQ, she keeps it short and to the point. MrHappy's are way too long.

The other was probably Ilya and his infamous Ilya strat for E8S.
I guess I should actually look at that sometime, we figured out another way of doing it , at the time we were running it..

Malkav

French Madman
I guess I should actually look at that sometime, we figured out another way of doing it , at the time we were running it..

Find what works with your static. Ilya strat was infamous because it wasn't really the easiest but every PF group insisted on doing it that way so people hated it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh shit we're finally moving out of this shithole in vesper bay and i never have to come back here

JUST KIDDING HERE'S A BUNCH OF REFUGEE FETCH QUESTS

b49.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Find what works with your static. Ilya strat was infamous because it wasn't really the easiest but every PF group insisted on doing it that way so people hated it.
Got my 10 E8S already and E12S's lol I've just heard that it was really stupid too look at if you've ever actually sat down too figure out light rampant.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn. Can't hire a retainer on free trial. Am I missing out on a lot of retainer progression by waiting?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Damn. Can't hire a retainer on free trial. Am I missing out on a lot of retainer progression by waiting?
It is the only way too sell things on the MB is via Retainer, I believe you're also limited on how much gill you can have too.

As far as progression ? naa you can lvl retainers pretty fast it's not really a big deal.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm lv80 and have played every expansion to max level, I don't really know what a retainer is so don't worry lol. It's AH stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm having fun, but honestly it's making me want to just go play ESO more and more. Seems like so far, everything I'm doing is done better by ESO. I know FF14 doesn't really pickup till later expansions though. I just wish getting there was faster.