Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are you on Heavensward? The post 50 class quests do not unlock until you get to 3.0 content.

Heart of the Forest leads right into Taint Misbehaving, but not until you have unlocked Ishgard.

I don't know how to tell how far in I am. I just did the leviathan fight like 2 quests ago?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You're still in ARR then, you won't get the quests till you are literally in the HW expansion.. so don't freak out over it you're fine it's just the power of the Road too 70 buff lol

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how to tell how far in I am. I just did the leviathan fight like 2 quests ago?
This is a list of MSQs, broken down by patch

You're about 40 quests from unlocking Ishgard and HW content. This is why I (and other people) talk about leveling up multiple jobs at the same time. Although I don't think any of us mentioned that almost every skill from 51 to 60 is unlocked via quest you will not be able to do, or at least to the extent that it is all of them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hrm interesting, didn't know there was that much of it left to do.

The main story XP has really dried up though for some reason? It went from giving like ~40k per quest to...4k? So my leveling has flatlined pretty badly for now aside from duty roulette bonuses.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
yeah, they originally gave 0, as they were max level quests, so they just give little bits.

Also, jobs from other expansions dont really have this problem, aside from the 70/80 capstone skill. So if you picked up samurai, for example, you would be able to level and get most of the skills, as you went.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I've messed around on red mage a little bit, but keep going back to white mage cause the duty finder queues for DPS are too long and I've got like a dozen hard mode dungeons I need to do still heh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Don’t dive deep into that list. Thar be spoilers.

ARR has a ton of hard mode dungeons that aren’t MSQ required, but still good to unlock. The ending scene for Tara Tam deepcroft Hard and the Tonberry hard dungeons are awesome/hilarious

Keeping it very vague, you’ll know you’re close to HW when you start to investigate some reports of a primal in the woods and a death potentially related to it

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I did the updated hard one with that failed adeventuring party that had the healer carrying around the tanks head, that shit was pretty dark lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually forgot how much content there really is out there that I've just done over the years. Also makes you remember how much of ARR there is to get through still even with the pruning. Everyone is going to enjoy things a lot more once they get through that to Heavensward.

Cybsled

I did the updated hard one with that failed adeventuring party that had the healer carrying around the tanks head, that shit was pretty dark lol.

Even more dark, that Lala at the end that sees the creepy ass “Ring ghost” is found dead later on lol

Malkav

French Madman
Even more dark, that Lala at the end that sees the creepy ass “Ring ghost” is found dead later on lol

Even more creepier

There is a 1% chance of Edda's ghost appearing for a few seconds at night in Gridania/Ul'dah/Limsa.
image_2021-06-14_231155.png

image_2021-06-14_231236.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
What in the fuck was that king mogg fight lol. Why did it have the nightmare before christmas music? Japan is so weird

The best part of the song is that it sings what each moogle add does so you can learn the fight

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So my inventory is finally full, is there anything I need to actually save from all the crap I picked up leveling like tradeskill stuff etc, or can I just vendor all of this?

Cybsled

Depends. Did you unlock your retainers? They're banks also and you can use them to sell shit on the market board.

You also have your chocobo saddlebag after you unlocked your choco mount. It is additional bag space.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
So my inventory is finally full, is there anything I need to actually save from all the crap I picked up leveling like tradeskill stuff etc, or can I just vendor all of this?
Yer unlikely to have any pain in ass mats to get, so more or less probably safe to sell. But checking the prices on the MB is generally a good sanity check. If you have something that is listed and seems to be moving at outlandish numbers- might be worth holding on to until you figure out if you really want to dump it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm I don't even remember where my house is lol.

What about old weapons/gear, is there a method to break it down for crafting mats or something, or just vendor it?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are all the tank classes pretty much viable, or is this a WoW-style thing where only gunblades or something can tank in harder content?