Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
Had a closer look at this and couldn't help but chuckle:

Western MMO characters: Faggy men and bull dykes. Chainmail bikini armour removed as its "problematic" and "demeaning".

FF14: Literal Playboy bunnies dancing around in skimpy metallic lingerie armour, and men that make The Hulk look like a soyboy.

I think I'm going to have to download this fucker. :)
Yea there is certainly weebiness and more than a few soft boy npcs. But there are big macho ones with no femininity. And zounds of sexy women's. Even the games butch npcs, the roe females have curves and feminine posture. And as you can imagine the players love the revealing bits so they make more.

Definitely fan service in ff vs fan disservice in most other places

Weirdly youtube had this on the home page for me:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
And then there's always mods if you really want to dive down that particular rabbit hole.

• 1Dislike

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yea there is certainly weebiness and more than a few soft boy npcs. But there are big macho ones with no femininity. And zounds of sexy women's. Even the games butch npcs, the roe females have curves and feminine posture. And as you can imagine the players love the revealing bits so they make more.

Definitely fan service in ff vs fan disservice in most other places

Weirdly youtube had this on the home page for me:

cat Heavy breathing GIF

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah definitely don't play Puglist/Rogue. They'll make you want to kill yourself. I thought I enjoyed positionals, and then I tried Puglist/Monk. No thanks.

I still can't play because of 20ish FPS. I dunno, my graphics card seems kinda fucked but still okay with other games. I do need to upgrade. I may just buy a fully built pc from newegg or something. I haven't built my own PC since graphics cards were AGP. And I heard buying a full PC is a good way to get ahold of some of the GPU's that are constantly out of stock and being scalped?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I still can't play because of 20ish FPS. I dunno, my graphics card seems kinda fucked but still okay with other games.
What graphics card do you have? There is an ongoing thread about GPU utilization on the FFXIV Technical Support forums:

Pretty much the same spec as you, i had the same issue when i went from (21.2.3 RELEASED 2/17/2021) to (21.3.1 RELEASED 3/24/2021) and (21.3.2 RELEASED 3/26/2021) utilization is broken and the fps is horrible lol. went back to 21.2.3 3440x1440 max settings can run 165 on my 165hz monitor just want to say your not alone definitely not suggesting to revert =D that is up to you just want to share if you want a working driver for the meantime it's (21.2.3 works well no issues) crazy thing is only FFXIV was having that issue all my other 40+ games installed was working normally.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Been fucking around with a ton of graphics settings. I was pretty much at max with everything before and running at at least 60fps minimum. I've turned basically everything off/low and it had no effect until I turned "Screen Space Ambient Occlusion" off completely, and that got me up to 55fps. What is that setting?

And my GPU is shit, it's a laptop GPU. Geforce GTX 1050. But it's been good enough in the past for these 10 year old MMOs. I've had it for about 2 years. And yeah I'm running on max performance everything (via windows and via nvidia). I don't even have a battery in it anymore, it runs entirely on power. Device manager says it is working properly, so I don't think the fan is broken? It's running at 71c atm with the game open, with this new setting and me tabbed out typing here. MSI Afterburner says it's running at 1600ish mhz, whatever that means.

It must be broken somehow, if it was fine 2 days ago and just randomly went to shit yesterday, when there were no FF14 updates and no windows updates.

Game sure looks shit now tho.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have you played Shadowbringers? It explains what FF Dwarves are and you are not going to like it :)

They need to retcon them to be their own race. Fuck that pedo race that is in the game. They ruin everything.

• 1Salty

Chris

Potato del Grande
They need to retcon them to be their own race. Fuck that pedo race that is in the game. They ruin everything.
All you need is a helmet with fake beard attached, though no idea if they are in the game.

Laliho!

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
And my GPU is shit, it's a laptop GPU. Geforce GTX 1050. But it's been good enough in the past for these 10 year old MMOs.
First test: Try Ctrl-Shift-Esc and eventually select "More Details" in the bottom left. Look at the GPU utilization in the "Performance" tab if it is even using the Nvidia GPU.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
First test: Try Ctrl-Shift-Esc and eventually select "More Details" in the bottom left. Look at the GPU utilization in the "Performance" tab if it is even using the Nvidia GPU.
It is. I'm not fully retarded, just out of touch with newer tech. That's why I was talking about it jumping from 50% to 100%. Thank you for the reply though.

I think it is not cooling properly. I have throttlestopper to stop throttling, but then it just jumps to 95c, so yeah. I opened it up and cleaned everything when I removed the battery like a month ago, and it didn't look bad.

Annoying that two days ago it was fine and then suddenly not fine and it says it's working fine. I also can't find my old driver that I used from early 2020 anymore, which is annoying because it worked great.

Like the average temp is 55c but it has spikes of 90+c. What's causing that? To be honest I've always had cooling issues with this piece of shit. It sends hot air out the bottom (LOL GREAT DESIGN MEME). But it's been fine for a long time with these types of games, so I dunno wtf. Just did an alliance raid with 25fps. It's miserable. But I've managed to get to 60fps with those options I mentioned when I'm in the world myself. But even that feels way slower than what I'm used to. It used to be so smooth.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It is. I'm not fully retarded, just out of touch with newer tech. That's why I was talking about it jumping from 50% to 100%. Thank you for the reply though.

I think it is not cooling properly. I have throttlestopper to stop throttling, but then it just jumps to 95c, so yeah. I opened it up and cleaned everything when I removed the battery like a month ago, and it didn't look bad.

Annoying that two days ago it was fine and then suddenly not fine and it says it's working fine. I also can't find my old driver that I used from early 2020 anymore, which is annoying because it worked great.

Like the average temp is 55c but it has spikes of 90+c. What's causing that? To be honest I've always had cooling issues with this piece of shit. It sends hot air out the bottom (LOL GREAT DESIGN MEME). But it's been fine for a long time with these types of games, so I dunno wtf. Just did an alliance raid with 25fps. It's miserable. But I've managed to get to 60fps with those options I mentioned when I'm in the world myself. But even that feels way slower than what I'm used to. It used to be so smooth.
If its an older card might be worth breaking it down and reapplying thermal paste etc..

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If its an older card might be worth breaking it down and reapplying thermal paste etc..
Do laptop cards even have thermal paste? Back when I built my PC, I don't remember putting thermal paste on anything but the CPU, but that was like a million years ago. I know things are different nowadays though. This laptop has an integrated card (who cares) and the Nvidia GTX 1050. So I'd look for what, a mini looking processor? And how do you reapply thermal paste, i'd think the gpu processor would be stuck on if the old thermal paste dried out?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Do laptop cards even have thermal paste? Back when I built my PC, I don't remember putting thermal paste on anything but the CPU, but that was like a million years ago. I know things are different nowadays though. This laptop has an integrated card (who cares) and the Nvidia GTX 1050. So I'd look for what, a mini looking processor? And how do you reapply thermal paste, i'd think the gpu processor would be stuck on if the old thermal paste dried out?
Ooo missed where it was laptop. Still imagine there's some type of thermal solution but maybe thermal pads vs paste.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah definitely don't play Puglist/Rogue. They'll make you want to kill yourself. I thought I enjoyed positionals, and then I tried Puglist/Monk. No thanks.

I still can't play because of 20ish FPS. I dunno, my graphics card seems kinda fucked but still okay with other games. I do need to upgrade. I may just buy a fully built pc from newegg or something. I haven't built my own PC since graphics cards were AGP. And I heard buying a full PC is a good way to get ahold of some of the GPU's that are constantly out of stock and being scalped?
You're crazy. Monk and Ninja are literally the two most rewarding DPS classes to play in the game and probably throughout most MMOs I've played. Dragoon close running just for flashiness.

The rest of the DPS I could play with my eyes closed the rotations are so simple to maximize.

I have that god ping though.

• 1Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
By the way, should I have met Hildebrand by now? I always hear about him, but I've not seen him once up to about the end of HW.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The starting quest was a little off the beaten path if I recall, especially nowadays when MSQ is enough to level multiple classes and you barely touch sidequests at all.