Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Goonsquad Officer
I was actually going for a bored super model look. But it falls apart as the other facial expressions are too genuine, lol. Oh well, they are tweaking the models so they can more easily add hair styles to the viera and hrothgar. Still waiting to see how the hat situation works out, but i'm more likely to switch back to my bunny girl than the dude at this point. Unless i get another idea on the dudes.
yep. bunnies not being able to wear hats or hair was kind of a deal breaker for a lot of folks.

i always have mixed feelings about the looks. the au ra white girls always looke confused or scared about what's happening around them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
yep. bunnies not being able to wear hats or hair was kind of a deal breaker for a lot of folks.

i always have mixed feelings about the looks. the au ra white girls always looke confused or scared about what's happening around them.
The Bozja Hood of Fending works! Problem is it gives you a monocle under that hood:/

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This 8 man Titania leveling trial from SB is fucking AIDS dipped in jizz. Holy fuck people are retarded as shit.... been at this 1.5 hours now WTF and I've not died one time. Every wipe we get stronger, and the group does even worse than before. On 3rd separate group, full of sprouts, who can't even do basic shit. Why can't I solo this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malkav

French Madman
Haha, Titania was always a retards killer, no wonder all the sprouts are hurting. Even worse if some of them boosted.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whenever all 8 people get a targeted circle and need to spread, dumb shit happens. If it combos with anything else it's a full on retard check.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just spend a few days figuring out how crafting works... the guides all suck for a start.

Hopefully someone in the know can correct me but seems like:

1) Hire two retainers if you haven't already and unlock Chocobo Saddlebag, dump your inventory into one of them and make some room in your Armoury Chest. You are going to need the space.

2) Go and unlock all the gathering and crafting professions, set up gear sets, empty hotbars and keybinds as you like it.

3) Level all crafting professions to lv20 one at time. Start with Weaving and you'll make a bunch of crafting gear, though most professions make some sort of gear, do Goldsmithing next. You also get some of this gear from quest rewards. The craft guilds all sell the mats you need, try and count up what is needed to craft one of each item and just buy that.

4) Level all gathering professions to lv10. Do gathering last as gear has the most effect on gathering success chances at this stage and you'll now have it from the previous step. Just go to each of the 3 newbie zones and try to gather one of each thing then move on.

5) If crafting one of each item and quest items isn't enough you can a) Do Supply Quests from your Grand Company daily, some of these have mega exp. b) Do Ixal beast tribe quests c) Do leves

6) Finish Heavensward and unlock Ishgard Restoration. Go and grind Diadem on your gatherers as much as you can stand. Google a map of the correct route to take for bonuses.

7) Craft Ishgard Restoration items using the Diadem mats for mega exp, this is the catchup mechanism for people who didn't level crafring before like me. Be careful you need to hit 50 quality.

<I'm finishing up step 5 on most jobs, on step 7 with three of them>

8) Save the tokens you get from step 7, you need them for lv80 Crafting Relic Weapons.

I wasted a bunch of time because the guides are incoherent. They don't even have lists of mats to buy to reach target levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Just spend a few days figuring out how crafting works... the guides all suck for a start.

1) Hire two retainers if you haven't already and unlock Chocobo Saddlebag, dump your inventory into one of them and make some room in your Armoury Chest. You are going to need the space.

2) Go and unlock all the gathering and crafting professions, set up gear sets, empty hotbars and keybinds as you like it.

3) Level all crafting professions to lv20 one at time. Start with Weaving and you'll make a bunch of crafting gear, though most professions make some sort of gear, do Goldsmithing next. You also get some of this gear from quest rewards. The craft guilds all sell the mats you need, try and count up what is needed to craft one of each item and just buy that.

4) Level all gathering professions to lv10. Do gathering last as gear has the most effect on gathering success chances at this stage and you'll now have it from the previous step. Just go to each of the 3 newbie zones and try to gather one of each thing then move on.

5) If crafting one of each item and quest items isn't enough you can a) Do Supply Quests from your Grand Company daily, some of these have mega exp. b) Do Ixal beast tribe quests c) Do leves

6) Finish Heavensward and unlock Ishgard Restoration. Go and grind Diadem on your gatherers as much as you can stand. Google a map of the correct route to take for bonuses.

7) Craft Ishgard Restoration items using the Diadem mats for mega exp, this is the catchup mechanism for people who didn't level crafring before like me. Be careful you need to hit 50 quality.

8) Save the tokens you get from step 7, you need them for lv80 Crafting Relic Weapons.

I wasted a bunch of time because the guides are incoherent. They don't even have lists of mats to buy to reach target levels.
Thats probably the fastest way now. Grinding ishgard restoration will take your soul tho.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Made it to Kugane. Feel like the newbie running around Freeport in banded mail.

1626032157842.png

1626032187116.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Just don't ever decide you need to do the jumping puzzle up to the top for the sightseeing log. Or then aim for the lamppost at the bottom which has another one.

Xerge

<Donor>
Stormblood>shadowbringers imo 👀

Edit: Only by a bit. I'm still bitter about how SB ends. Read my spoiler tag plz.

I didn't like the fat boss we're fighting against, whom controlled the city. I thought it wasn't visually pleasing and hated it, I eyerolled through it every single fucking time I had to watch a cutscene with him/it. I had zero interest in saving this world I was zipped into and I thought it was dumb as fuck lol. Let the world burn IMO it's already fucked. At this stage I am invested in being the warrior of light and saving the world, but not some other shit world I havent invested into. Fuck them. Go die I got shit going on with my homies.

I honestly hated that crystal tower fucking dude. You fucked up you bitch. God damnit.

Last edited:
  • 3Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lyse is a babe though unlike the body snatcher blonde
Maybe I skipped something, but did she ever visit the Scions when they are in a coma for a year in Shadowbringers?

You'd think she'd be really close to the group as a former "member".

• 1Worf

Malkav

French Madman
Maybe I skipped something, but did she ever visit the Scions when they are in a coma for a year in Shadowbringers?

You'd think she'd be really close to the group as a former "member".

I don't think her incompetence as a nation leader leaves her much time to do anything else you know.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

You did right by going up to 20 with all classes. Outstanding source of element crystals. I did them on a few characters to get a huge chunk of them and then deleted those characters.

Then after 20, do Ixal solely on one class, until you can do Moogle. 3-4 days of Moogle will get that class to Namazu, the second class that was doing ixal should hit Moogle since you're limited on beast tribe quests fairly quickly since Ixal has double the amount of dailies. Put that second class on back burner at 50 while the first class is capping that tier of moogle, and the third class is on ixal. Once you can do Namazu with the first class, pick up the second class in moogle, and the third class can do the scraps of whats left for the daily allotment of Ixal. Rinse and repeat this cycle all the way through Dwarf beast tribe with all classes.

If you can keep up with it youll have all your Hand and Land jobs done far more easily/cheaply than you would grinding out shit and making everything for the bonus exp. If you want to rush something, do a few leve's. Weaver or Leatherworker first, then the off choice second with goldsmith third. Then level your Land jobs up relative to which hand classes you leveled first the same way. The rest follow the same path, but have less priority due to just outfitting your character without spending millions of gil on the auction house. Once thats done, do what you want - scrips w/e.

Edit: Only by a bit. I'm still bitter about how SB ends. Read my spoiler tag plz.

I didn't like the fat boss we're fighting against, whom controlled the city. I thought it wasn't visually pleasing and hated it, I eyerolled through it every single fucking time I had to watch a cutscene with him/it. I had zero interest in saving this world I was zipped into and I thought it was dumb as fuck lol. Let the world burn IMO it's already fucked. At this stage I am invested in being the warrior of light and saving the world, but not some other shit world I havent invested into. Fuck them. Go die I got shit going on with my homies.

I honestly hated that crystal tower fucking dude. You fucked up you bitch. God damnit.
I thought that part of the story was funny af. The shit people were eating was the real of "ewwww" in my mind. But I think I enjoyed the raid story just as much. I honestly think some of the class stories of Shadow hit home more than the MSQ, but I dont think it was bad at all.

Malkav

French Madman

You do realize that saving the First was also preventing a new Calamity on the Source right? A Calamity that killed you in that divergent timeline?

• 6Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just made it to the end of ARR. haven’t played much lately due to summer and shit, but I guess for the last two 8m dungeons it’s just queue and go? Looked at some boss guides and they look stupid easy. I play a Paladin. Past experience was raiding seriously from TBC through Cata so I bet I’m over skilled.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's something like that, but you get the chocobo saddlebag with your level 20 mount.

Crafting Solver:

Links for you:

• 1Like