Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

I'm wondering what the MCH shotgun will end up being in terms of use - looks like an frontal cone AOE attack, but MCH already have a few of those

Malkav

French Madman
I'm wondering what the MCH shotgun will end up being in terms of use - looks like an frontal cone AOE attack, but MCH already have a few of those

I think MCH is one of the class that has the most "visual" upgrades via Traits when some abilities change names or when they are hypercharged, so probably something in this vein.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished what I think were the original Samurai quests. Good stuff. Justice, punishment, forgiveness, peace. I've been playing through the class quests when taking a break from the MSQ, and I like them.

1626011496407.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Quin69 is trying FF14 now. Zeitgeist is real. Unlike Asmon, I don't think he'll dig it.

Benchmark is out, jeez the bunny boys are ... well the best i've been able to manage is bored and pretty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
They look bored. The faces are well animated during emotes, but the resting face is very bored. But the other face options were too much for me.

Goonsquad Officer
One of the bunny girls has that with kind of resting blase' model face.

I like and or dislike how each race has a manner and posture. Like white au ra girl. look dainty shy and dark au look smug. Midlander girls look prissy but highlander girls look like they don't like you.

Its nice they have a tone but some times you like a look, but then the animations don't match what you want.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just picked this up for the wife and I, can anyone point me to a decent CURRENT starter guide so I’m not spinning my wheels needlessly. Figured we’d try a Tank and Healer duo, she’s actually already got her Arcanist to level 20 since I had to work this weekend, figured I’d make a Marauder, but I have zero clue how the classes and job system works.

Goonsquad Officer
Best I can show is some break downs of game elements. Like class break down video. Which blue quests to do video.

And then some general tips.

I'll poke around for starter guides I like, but they can get dated fast

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Good smart ass. Class break down. Classes are very balanced so its mostly about what you want to play

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Not sure this game requires a starter guide anyway. Just do the main story quests and you’re pretty much good.

The only thing you might want to look up is what the different Jobs are, their play style, and how to obtain them.

edit: ... ... just linked something lol

Quin69 is trying FF14 now. Zeitgeist is real. Unlike Asmon, I don't think he'll dig it.

Benchmark is out, jeez the bunny boys are ... well the best i've been able to manage is bored and pretty.

Quin69 like to play WoW PvP. Weird that he''s playing FFXIV.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
General tips:

Do main story quest.
Do class quests.
You get enough msq xp to level 2-3 classes so play around.

A roulette per day is mad xp.

Don't cap tombstones. Spend them.

Chocobo can be combat buddy if you play a healer this is great. Tanks and healers queue fast so if you level one plus a dps in msq you can queue fast.

Do the msq. Literally everything is locked behind steps

Ask questions here. Dudes help fast

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
If you see a blue quest marker with a +, it unlocks something, be it a system or a dungeon/trial, so do those too.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank you guys, I’ll go do my homework. I mostly just didn’t want to mess up picking my class/job and wanted a primer before I dove in after work today. I haven’t played this since the beta on PS4.

nu_11

I literally just dropped into Quin69's stream and hes literally talking about PvP in FFXIV. :trump:

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
You can change jobs in a snap so hating your class and changing main class is no biggy

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
One of the bunny girls has that with kind of resting blase' model face.

I like and or dislike how each race has a manner and posture. Like white au ra girl. look dainty shy and dark au look smug. Midlander girls look prissy but highlander girls look like they don't like you.

Its nice they have a tone but some times you like a look, but then the animations don't match what you want.
I was actually going for a bored super model look. But it falls apart as the other facial expressions are too genuine, lol. Oh well, they are tweaking the models so they can more easily add hair styles to the viera and hrothgar. Still waiting to see how the hat situation works out, but i'm more likely to switch back to my bunny girl than the dude at this point. Unless i get another idea on the dudes.