Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

It’s been a couple years, but there is a quest in one of the main cities that starts it. You meet Noctis and do a series of quests/fates. When you beat all the quests, you can buy the car at golden saucer for 200k MGP. Quest also gets you FFXV clothes and music (fate currency lets you buy it)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bah....i'm on vacation soon so out of town and that's a bit of a grind right now. Maybe the event will come back around.....

Cybsled

I wouldnt count on it.

You have a month to get the 200k. If you do fashion report every week and the MGP achievement weekly logs and Cactpot, you'll get 200k easy before the event ends.

Fashion report alone gives you like 60k a week if you get at least 80 points and the FF14 reddit every week has a guide on how to get that most easily

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the grind really isn’t too bad. The quests don’t take long either. The event probably won’t be making another return unless they put the mount in the shop. Depending on how long your vacay is, you should be fine getting it since you have a month.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It can't be stressed enough how trivially easy it is to get easy 60k mgp every week from fashion report.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Yeah so it looks like is about 60k/week fashion shit and about 25k easy from logs

should be semi-doable for me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah so it looks like is about 60k/week fashion shit and about 25k easy from logs

should be semi-doable for me.
There's also mini-cactpot tickets which will fairly commonly give you 10k if you aggressively pursue the jackpot, weekly cactpot drawings which will probably only ever give you the consolation prize but is still a net increase of mgp, and a jumping puzzle worth 4k every 20 minutes if you have some pseudo-afk time.

Goonsquad Officer
lord of verminion challenge log is a great afk activity. start a match. go take a poop. you get credit even if you loose

Cybsled

The challenge logs in general are a really good MGP source if you're rushing to build up 200k MGP

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, you can do that jumping puzzle at least once a day when it spawns, and it's pretty easy (5-10m) and you'll get like 4kish Gil. Adds up pretty quickly along with the other things. Plus wonderous tails used for the MGP tokens (30k for 1 line)

Caeden

Yeah so I managed to grind out 30k in a couple hours of challenge log. Haven’t even done all I can. I should be ok. My wife is going to wonder why I’m online playing dress up Friday morning before we leave for the great state of Florida.

I wonder how big a roll eyes I can get if I show her the car and let her know she’ll be fucking the dude that drives it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reminder the combat changes(and other things most likely including story spoilers up to current patch) live letter will be in a bit more than 12hours. Youtube link which shows when it's planned to air at, there will be a twitch stream too if you prefer at the same time. It will have real time translation too unlike most minor live letters(although you can generally get live translations on the FFXIV main discord usually, just won't be needed this time). Excited to see what's going on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Curious what they say about the stat squish. I don't worry about it so much for combat stuff since you just always replace combat materia all the time and to highest stuff. But will it be necessary to change the crafting/gathering materia values or those stats in general.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Curious what they say about the stat squish. I don't worry about it so much for combat stuff since you just always replace combat materia all the time and to highest stuff. But will it be necessary to change the crafting/gathering materia values or those stats in general.
They might do crafting/gathering at the same time, just so the numbers go back to lower levels, but they might also ignore it until a later patch cause it's not high priority in this case since it's just the stats, not like the numbers and stuff(you don't gather 90items at once with the increase in stats and such).

Edit: Lol they're pulling the "please put aside enough time to watch the trailer" thing in the stream

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user