Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Yes, the Ascians are as far as we know.

As for the WoL, we have hints on what our deal is with being immune to primal tempers but they haven’t outright confirmed why

we do know the echo isn’t Hyd’s gift - she just uses it to reach out to people who have the echo. I am guessing Endwalker will give us the answers on whether we are actually tempered or not. I am going to say no - or at least not explicitly.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The echo is in more than just the WoL. Arenvald being the most recent example. But having the echo isnt the only way to skip out on being tempered. Fordola for example, doesnt have the echo, but has the power to avoid being tempered. Her Resonant abilities arent exactly common, but they arent as rare as the Echo. Something else has to be there since a lot of our enemies are able to be in direct contact with primals in one form or another and not be termpered themselves.
The part that took me for a ride is that throughout the story, the echo and those that can avoid being tempered continue to be connected to the Garlean empire in some capacity, over and over. Arenvald being the son of a Garlean, Fordola working for the Garleans etc. However in one of the most recent patches where entire swaths of Garleans started to be tempered, that kind of shot that theory out of the water.

Malkav

French Madman
The echo is in more than just the WoL. Arenvald being the most recent example. But having the echo isnt the only way to skip out on being tempered. Fordola for example, doesnt have the echo, but has the power to avoid being tempered. Her Resonant abilities arent exactly common, but they arent as rare as the Echo. Something else has to be there since a lot of our enemies are able to be in direct contact with primals in one form or another and not be termpered themselves.
The part that took me for a ride is that throughout the story, the echo and those that can avoid being tempered continue to be connected to the Garlean empire in some capacity, over and over. Arenvald being the son of a Garlean, Fordola working for the Garleans etc. However in one of the most recent patches where entire swaths of Garleans started to be tempered, that kind of shot that theory out of the water.

The Echo is more or less a spark in a sundered soul that is awakened by an event reminiscent of the Final Days of Amaurot (like a star shower).

The Resonant power is not natural, it doesn't "happen". It's a type of artificial Echo created by Garlean technology. Fordola and Zenos got it by copying Krile's Echo. So it is actually rarer than the Echo.

Also, NPC with Echo like og Minfillia, Krile, Mikoto are not connected to Garlemald in anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I think the hear / feel / think is a light-tempering of sorts, but her own direction sort of frees us. I think we’ll hear the Zodiark 3 words in EW, and his tempering will be akin to listen / worship / serve.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Levelled up my Mining and Botany, Blacksmithing and Weaving, so I can churn out Dwarven Mythril Files en-masse for the leve turn ins.

You get 6 leves per day, which turn in for 21-33k gil (around 25k average) so that's 150k of passive income per day.

I started with a full bank of 100, which is an instant 2.5 million gil.

Probably mass-produce and hand in once a week.

Just one of my money making schemes, trying to grind out 120 million gil before Endwalker.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Levelled up my Mining and Botany, Blacksmithing and Weaving, so I can churn out Dwarven Mythril Files en-masse for the leve turn ins.

You get 6 leves per day, which turn in for 21-33k gil (around 25k average) so that's 150k of passive income per day.

I started with a full bank of 100, which is an instant 2.5 million gil.

Probably mass-produce and hand in once a week.

Just one of my money making schemes, trying to grind out 120 million gil before Endwalker.
Nice tip! Was gonna eventually make my own Exarchic gear but this method would raise enough for one set per week and there's only 5-6 sets not including weapons right?

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Submarines are really fantastic money if you’re willing to do a lot of crafting and waiting and you run the fc - each sub should be approx 125k/day (long time to set up, might be better to wait until after endwalker to see if they are changed?)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Nice tip! Was gonna eventually make my own Exarchic gear but this method would raise enough for one set per week and there's only 5-6 sets not including weapons right?

I actually find the Exarchic gear to not be worth it except for the weapons. You can get equivalent gear (520) to enhanced Exarchic from the latest YorHa raid, or, equivalent gear to regular Exarchic (510) from Eden 9-12, and you need to spam 12 anyway to get Blades of Lost Antiquity for your 530 weapon (which also requires you to run all 3 YorHa raids once)

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m beginning to think I’m too old and stupid to play this game as a dps. Running around playing my newly unlocked red mage last nighy Not seeing why this is fun.

Today at work thinking about it. Realize I think I don’t understand dualcast. Realize hardcasting fucking veraero and vertunder is not the intent. Read on job guide. Realize Jolt or whatever has like a 2s cast time. Oh.

So it’s basically Jolt - Ver something - Jolt - Ver something with the Ver somethings being instant due to dualcast and you prioritize your Vers based on w/b mana balance. With the Ver proc spells replacing Jolt as they proc. Then you slice and dice at 80+ w/b mana?

I am fucking retarded running around never casting jolt and enjoying my 5s verthunder casts while I make sandwiches.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually find the Exarchic gear to not be worth it except for the weapons. You can get equivalent gear (520) to enhanced Exarchic from the latest YorHa raid, or, equivalent gear to regular Exarchic (510) from Eden 9-12, and you need to spam 12 anyway to get Blades of Lost Antiquity for your 530 weapon (which also requires you to run all 3 YorHa raids once)
Yeah but what do you gear up with when you hit 80? The lower level crafted stuff is almost the same price as exarchic (when its even on the MB)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah but what do you gear up with when you hit 80? The lower level crafted stuff is almost the same price as exarchic (when its even on the MB)

Do hunt trains, a few hours will be enough for you to buy a full 490 set of Allegory gear if you're on your very first 80

Or yeah, just splash out the 1.2 million or so for the full Exarchic 510 set if it's your first char and you can afford it.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I’m beginning to think I’m too old and stupid to play this game as a dps. Running around playing my newly unlocked red mage last nighy Not seeing why this is fun.

Today at work thinking about it. Realize I think I don’t understand dualcast. Realize hardcasting fucking veraero and vertunder is not the intent. Read on job guide. Realize Jolt or whatever has like a 2s cast time. Oh.

So it’s basically Jolt - Ver something - Jolt - Ver something with the Ver somethings being instant due to dualcast and you prioritize your Vers based on w/b mana balance. With the Ver proc spells replacing Jolt as they proc. Then you slice and dice at 80+ w/b mana?

I am fucking retarded running around never casting jolt and enjoying my 5s verthunder casts while I make sandwiches.
Hahaha oh my god. How long were you doing that for?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah but I want an instantly geared character to enjoy the raids on when my alts hit 80, not spend hours undergeared farming them for gear to do them again.

My main Gunbreaker is 510 (and always has been at lv80) and my White Mage is a hotpodge of easy to get normal Eden/Bozja stuff.

I didn't even farm on my main as there's not a lot to use the slightly better gear on.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

You can just stop with me after "stupid to play this game". I min/max nothing, know next to nothing about the quests or objectives or money making. I play the game like I live, uselessly. It's fun.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I’m not fucking telling you. But it was that long.
1631283410797.png

• 1Worf

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah but I want an instantly geared character to enjoy the raids on when my alts hit 80, not spend hours undergeared farming them for gear to do them again.

My main Gunbreaker is 510 (and always has been at lv80) and my White Mage is a hotpodge of easy to get normal Eden/Bozja stuff.

I didn't even farm on my main as there's not a lot to use the slightly better gear on.

You can't instantly gear because your most important upgrade, your 530 weapon, requires some instance farming.

Just fill yourself out with Exarchic gear in the pieces you don't get while getting your 530 weapon (which should only be a couple)

If you're not caring about getting your 530 weapon then you're a lost cause :p

• 1Solidarity

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Reminds me of when I went to my buddy's house and he had a mid 20s hunter in vanilla wow that he had only ever meleed on.

As for ilvl, is there really any reason to be pushing ilvl prior to EW release? Once you have enough ilvl to unlock all the raids / MSQ through to the end that is.

I made it through all that content with the free resistance weapon and a mix of exarchic / cryptlurkers.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
I make my relics on my healer or gunbreaker when i have a new 80, you dont need to do it with the job that will get it, only the hand-in. And it is fast anyway after the first.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can't instantly gear because your most important upgrade, your 530 weapon, requires some instance farming.

Just fill yourself out with Exarchic gear in the pieces you don't get while getting your 530 weapon (which should only be a couple)

If you're not caring about getting your 530 weapon then you're a lost cause :p

Or save yourself the pain and wait for the expansion when all of the endgame gear now is wiped within three levels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users