Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well the true skill is actually doing all mechanics perfectly, with as little downtime as possible.
Especially since they've started to prevent you from being able to just heal through messed up mechanics in ShB. I know in Eden you accumulate vulnerability stacks on aoes you were supposed to dodge.

Malkav

French Madman
Especially since they've started to prevent you from being able to just heal through messed up mechanics in ShB. I know in Eden you accumulate vulnerability stacks on aoes you were supposed to dodge.
Vuln stack have always been a thing. I think what they started using more lately are damage downs for messing up mechanics though. Really motivates your BLM not to stand in shit for once.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Is there an easy way to tell if you have a collectible without digging through your collections to find it?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I never really noticed. Do they nerf old content? cause ShB is the first time it's seemed real obvious to me.
They were a regular thing in SB already, that's when they set up these to prevent some of the mechanic cheesing that happened during HW. HW and ARR both had vuln stacks too but to a much much lesser extent, usually on very specific mechanics only. Vuln stacks are usually not that bad though, besides fucking up repeatedly. Usually a single one is fine. That's why they've also added damage downs as penalties for failling more frequently, so even failling once has a direct impact on performance. E10S is a good example where so many mechanics just give you or everyone a damage down, which means even fucking up a few things can lead to it being impossible to beat the enrage timer. But you can see the fight further since damage downs will rarely cause a wipe until then, so it's good progression punishment, it prevents you from clearing, but doesn't prevent you from seeing and learning the fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of you guys still on Gilgamesh? I feel like at one point FoH was, but not sure. Came back about 6 weeks ago, have multiple 80's, but have done zero raids. Just been grinding resistance weapons and leveling all the jobs. Would love to get into some casual raiding.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Most of you guys still on Gilgamesh? I feel like at one point FoH was, but not sure. Came back about 6 weeks ago, have multiple 80's, but have done zero raids. Just been grinding resistance weapons and leveling all the jobs. Would love to get into some casual raiding.
We are but I don’t even think casual raiding is happening. I’m basically doing the minimum for story ar this point. Maybe I’ll get more hardcore come the xpac but at my current glacial pace I doubt it

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Is there an easy way to tell if you have a collectible without digging through your collections to find it?

White box + they do not stack

also if it's a item for Rowena's House it will always have "Rarefied" in the name of the item(I'm so glad they did this).

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
We are but I don’t even think casual raiding is happening. I’m basically doing the minimum for story ar this point. Maybe I’ll get more hardcore come the xpac but at my current glacial pace I doubt it
No clue if casual is on the board, but I imagine the volume of people returning/getting tagged a week or two before early access will dramatically increase.
Mostly it's people just using the xp/port buff to level alts/etc I think. Which will still be valuable come the xpac; nothing stopping people from using party finder or linkshells for more raid-centric stuff.

There's desire to try and get a guild house (since the original is long gone) once the xpac/new area drops, and there's a little communal savings around that, but otherwise it's mostly people just doing their own thing while a few people refresh the FC buffs as they run out.

Cybsled

Probably a combo of redirecting new people to Crystal for new characters and some streamers (like Pyromancer) ending up on Crystal, which increases the attractiveness of that data group.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
And well a bunch of the streamer boom is gone too, I'm sure a lot of people who tried playing the game quit because they didn't like it, or already cleared out the story, or are taking a break before the expansion or trying New World and so on. I wouldn't make a char there if you want to play Endwalker though, cause that shit will be crowded once some of these people return.

Honestly with the big popularity boost combined with the server shortage issues, I'm not too confident about Endwalker launch overall. Shadowbringers was basically perfect(I think a couple of DCs rebooted or some shit, and there were queues, but I know I had basically no issues on the EU Chaos DC) but I'm a bit scared this might turn more into a repeat of Stormblood with instance servers crashing/being full and shit. Partly why I'm gonna avoid the new classes and try to get as far as possible through the story first, so if there's issues with instances I can at least hop on other classes and just grind fates and shit.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think it's gonna be more like ShB release vs SB release, which is why we still have 0 information on DC Visitation system, I think they are trying too upgrade more servers before they make any major changes like that..

Malkav

French Madman
I think it's gonna be more like ShB release vs SB release, which is why we still have 0 information on DC Visitation system, I think they are trying too upgrade more servers before they make any major changes like that..

They said during the LL that the DC Visit was postponed until a later date and won't come before EW.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
If you catch me on at any point i'm interested in running all of the trial content, savages included (sigma,delta,alpha in that as well). Always happy to help.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah theres 10-20 of us on Gilgamesh.