Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Leaked tooltips. Square put a secret watermark on all of these, so whoever leaked these is probably not going to get invited back to press events ever again. We thank them for their noble sacrifice.

Tanks

Sage:

unknown.png

AST:
unknown_1.png

SCH:
image0.png

WHM:
1.png

Healer impressions:

AST:
  • Pleasantly surprised by card rework; looks like a hybrid of Old Cards and New Cards
    • Divination is now just a flat damage up cooldown on a 2 minute CD
    • Seals are now used for Astrodyne, which is a self-buff
  • Sleeve Draw appears to be gone (thank god, although I may need to change my screen name now)
  • Minor Arcana is now a PBAoE attack or heal on a 60 second cooldown (basically a buffed version of how it was in 3.0 and 4.0)
  • Macrocosmos (the cool looking meteor shower move from the trailer) is basically Heal Wildfire
Sage:
  • DPS looks overtuned compared with other classes; will probably be nerfed
  • Most definitely the healer class you'll want to play if you want to DPS; lots of options for doing so
    • Kardion = focus on one party member; DPS you inflict based on certain moves "splashes" over to the Kardion'd person as a heal
  • Ideal play appears to have very high APM
    • Kardion is an ability, so it can be weaved
  • Attack names third only to Samurai and Ninja in complete lack of intelligibility
Scholar:
  • From a completely utilitarian perspective, the changes look good on paper
    • But very little has changed to the playstyle, so people who did not like it in ShB probably still aren't going to like it here
  • Expedient (the meme running move that makes you go fast like Sahnic) has a 10% damage reduction that goes out in a 15m radius, making it more flexible than Sacred Soil
  • Protraction is basically like mini Thrill of Battle (fake health plus the person takes increased healing afterward); may help a bit during dungeon runs w/o a co-healer.
  • Shields are now much meatier (Adlo goes from 125% barrier to 180% barrier)
WHM:
  • Like SCH, very limited incremental changes
  • Appears slightly nerfed (mostly in that the positive changes it got were far fewer than what AST got)
    • Misery got an outright nerf
  • Thin Air and Benison can both be stacked to 2
  • Lilybell is a passive healing totem; will be nice on bosses with raidbusters that hit multiple times (e.g. Akh Morn, Tumult, etc.)
  • Now has 1.5s cooldowns for Glare, but very little to weave to take advantage of this change
  • Drank so much blood from the Blood Lily that Glare and Holy skipped right past 2 and went to 3
Someone else can comment on the tanks.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Looks like most of the tanks got a l90 off GCD ae.
For GNB which is the only tank I play, minimal changes.. Looks like they've stacked the cartridge spending combo into one skill so instead of pressing 123 for the combo you just press 111, same way continuation works. Also added a continuation for Burst Strike. Invuln changed to 10 second duration. One new defensive cooldown which looks good. All in all looks great!

WHM changes, didn't really need anything, but they gave the best spell in the game another 10 potency which it never needed!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PLD got some nice changes.

Spirits Within doesn't have the penalty for not being full hp anymore, and with a 80+ trait becomes an aoe.
Intervention is nerfed down to 10% dmg reduction increase for Sentinel or Rampart active, but also gets a 80+ trait that gives it another 10%(so 10%base, 10% with rampart and 10% with the trait, a whooping 30% cd you can throw on the other tank) as well as a HoT and lasts 8secs.
Sheltron with the same 80 trait now lasts 8secs, provides 15% dmg reduction on top of 100% block and also has a fairly decent HoT
Divine Veil gets a strong aoe heal trait
Holy Spirit and Holy Circle also have self heals, so they should proc Divine Veil for free now too assuming you can line up Requiescat with it, and it means Paladin is going to self heal a fair bit during that phase.
And they mentionned it in the LL but Requiescat doesn't have a mp req anymore(mostly was annoying if you died cause you'd have to wait for mp before you could use it, which would further fuck up your rotation).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't really hold you're breath on those numbers..

Course Gap Closers still having potency is like what ... come on. I'm amazed all the other classes didn't get one though, of course the chances of these being "final" build info is very slim.. espically thoose Sage numbers cause holy shit.

Malkav

French Madman

Spirits Within doesn't have the penalty for not being full hp anymore, and with a 80+ trait becomes an aoe.
Intervention is nerfed down to 10% dmg reduction increase for Sentinel or Rampart active, but also gets a 80+ trait that gives it another 10%(so 10%base, 10% with rampart and 10% with the trait, a whooping 30% cd you can throw on the other tank) as well as a HoT and lasts 8secs.
Sheltron with the same 80 trait now lasts 8secs, provides 15% dmg reduction on top of 100% block and also has a fairly decent HoT
Holy Spirit and Holy Circle also have self heals, so they should proc Divine Veil for free now too assuming you can line up Requiescat with it, and it means Paladin is going to self heal a fair bit during that phase.
And they mentionned it in the LL but Requiescat doesn't have a mp req anymore(mostly was annoying if you died cause you'd have to wait for mp before you could use it, which would further fuck up your rotation).

Yeah, PAL definitely got some changes that could get me more interested in the job.

DRK kinda got shafted though. I'm not one of those with huge issues about the ShB DRK iteration, but next to all the shiny tools the other tanks got.... Living Dead is still Living Dead while Holmgang and Superbolide are now 10sec duration too... Blood Weapon still not on charges system somehow... Other tanks directly double dip with their new upgraded short mitigation CDs while DRK gets the same effect on a second oGCD they'd need to weave for the same benefit...

Wouldn't really hold you're breath on those numbers..

Course Gap Closers still having potency is like what ... come on. I'm amazed all the other classes didn't get one though, of course the chances of these being "final" build info is very slim.. espically thoose Sage numbers cause holy shit.

Potencies don't mean anything right now as they have stated last LL they are rebalancing magic/physical damage formulas and it has an effect on potencies.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, not only losing nocturnal sect but AST also lose the 8% mana/card and instead got some regen from Astrodyne. Doesn't sound good.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Nice, enhanced unmend. :]

Guess my plan of switching DRK to PAL for RPFAG reasons makes more sense now.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
DRK definitely gets "shafted" on new stuff, although I'll probably play it some cause I like how braindead it is currently, so for doing EX roulettes and shit I like just turning my brain off and DRK provides exactly that, used to be PLD back in ARR/HW/SB and now it's DRK. They should have made some of the stuff a bit better, and yeah lack of charge based blood weapon change is weird. I don't mind it all that much since it's pretty easy to land the hits in, especially now that you don't have 2 of them going together(so you can double weave both as long as you weave Delirium first) but it is a bit weird. And Living Dead definitely feels worse again
So, not only losing nocturnal sect but AST also lose the 8% mana/card and instead got some regen from Astrodyne. Doesn't sound good.
Haven't played AST in forever but isn't the current situation like they can't run out of mana currently regardless of what you're doing? They only lose 3% per card, which I'm fairly sure the Astrodyne amount is gonna cover, it's a slightly stronger Lucid every 2minutes or so when you can line up seals properly.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I've been levelling Drk, sat at 61 atm, but off the back of these notes I'll definitely just prioritize taking Pld the last 8 levels to 80.

DRK definitely gets "shafted" on new stuff, although I'll probably play it some cause I like how braindead it is currently, so for doing EX roulettes and shit I like just turning my brain off and DRK provides exactly that, used to be PLD back in ARR/HW/SB and now it's DRK. They should have made some of the stuff a bit better, and yeah lack of charge based blood weapon change is weird. I don't mind it all that much since it's pretty easy to land the hits in, especially now that you don't have 2 of them going together(so you can double weave both as long as you weave Delirium first) but it is a bit weird. And Living Dead definitely feels worse again

Haven't played AST in forever but isn't the current situation like they can't run out of mana currently regardless of what you're doing? They only lose 3% per card, which I'm fairly sure the Astrodyne amount is gonna cover, it's a slightly stronger Lucid every 2minutes or so when you can line up seals properly.

Biggest problem for me on AST has always been APM. On a good day it's fantastic fun to play as you're always busy but if you're feeling a bit bashed it's unforgiving.

The only time I really struggle on AST is recovering from a death, they have a pretty poor toolset for regenerating MP.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realize I'm years late but goddamn, Alpha in an ironworks uniform is fucking adorable. holy shit.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Malkav

French Madman
EU DCs just got hit by superweird issues.

Like half the people online got DCed. The servers didn't take a crap because the other half was still in somehow. Then there was a second wave of people getting disconnected, but somehow there are still people online. And impossible to reconnect even though the servers are still running with people onine.

We're really wondering what the fuck is happening.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has there been any mention of them revamping their shitty Glam system? Like it's obviously a HUGE major part of the game and it's just terrible. :(

Cybsled

Yoshi P wanted to copy the WoW transmog system, but mentioned that limitations on the game engine make it almost impossible to implement it

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yoshi P wanted to copy the WoW transmog system, but mentioned that limitations on the game engine make it almost impossible to implement it
That's a bummer because implementing WoW's system in FFXIV would be huge. It becomes not only a Glamour system but a collectors game. So I can collect all the looks even though I never plan to wear or use any of them. Gotta have them all!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
I wanted to make the most of my road to 70 buff and almost made it. Its been a fun 3 months but it ended today. I'm really enjoying the game and haven't decided on what to main just yet. I felt like I was pretty good with DNC and DRG.

ffxiv_10102021_213747_545.jpg

ffxiv_10102021_213751_454.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Doing Paladin HW Relic. I forgot how much the sand part sucked. I had saved all materials so I got to that step in seconds. But now it's Tomestone grind again. Really like Paladin, currently at lvl 79. I like the fantasy of Dark Knight more but the Paladin feels a little better to play.

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
Doing Paladin HW Relic. I forgot how much the sand part sucked. I had saved all materials so I got to that step in seconds. But now it's Tomestone grind again. Really like Paladin, currently at lvl 79. I like the fantasy of Dark Knight more but the Paladin feels a little better to play.
I think I'm doing this one as well. I pre bought most of the tomestone stuff already, just need to decide who I want to do it on (and start the quest). I'm thinking PAL and/or DRG.