Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xerge

<Donor>
Grabbed EW today and will resub this week to make sure my dude is ready to play. Shout out to New World for the past couple of months - you served your purpose and now FF14 will serve it's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So am I right in ssaying that Max is literally not playing and just coaching/directing 8 people?

How is he actually leading things? FF14 seems to be much more individual skill based than wow?
No, at least no in his XIV time, he was playing his own char(the lala tank) while doing the fights. In WoW I believe he might be doing that during world first prog though.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How the hell is the early access done? Should I have recieved a key allready for that? I think I bought it on the Square Enix website. Or is the account flagged allready?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
When you buy endwalker you’ll get two codes. One for early access, one for endwalker cd key. You can go ahead and plug in the early access code at the mog station. Have to wait until later this weekend (I think) to apply the cd key.

Edit: if you have your level 80 exp earring, then you already applied the early access code

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How the hell is the early access done? Should I have recieved a key allready for that? I think I bought it on the Square Enix website. Or is the account flagged allready?
You can verify if account is flagged on Mogstation, there's a line for EW preorder. You should have gotten a code already to register, assuming you're on PC(PSN is autoregistered). There will be another code during EA for the full version.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Thanks, yea I just checked mogstation and early access had a dot. Have not seen a launch key yet though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah can't even use it anywhere atm even if you have it(Steam users have it for example). Will go up sometimes during maint or during early access.

The preorder early access works for 7days, so until dec10th. After that you lose EW access if you haven't entered the real code, but that's plenty of time. Hell if you're cheap you can cancel preorder, you keep the preorder access and clear EW MSQ in a week without having to buy it.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
When you buy endwalker you’ll get two codes. One for early access, one for endwalker cd key. You can go ahead and plug in the early access code at the mog station. Have to wait until later this weekend (I think) to apply the cd key.

Edit: if you have your level 80 exp earring, then you already applied the early access code
Thanks almost deleted the email thinking it was just a confirmation of payment.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Expecting this to be unplayable Friday? I've never played an expansion launch with FF14, and I imagine this will be by far their biggest release.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Last expac went reasonably well, but yeah I don’t have high hopes for launch day. Huge turnout and the inevitable ddos is gonna be a drag. Still gonna give it a whirl, not sure if I’ll try to hit 3am launch or not. Awkwardly late for me.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m hopeful they’ve used the extra two weeks to ensure it will be playable. When SB launched there were a couple of solo duties early on that caused people to stall out. You had to talk to Raubahn to start the first, and Pippin to start the second. The instance servers got overloaded and people couldn’t get into the duty and therefore were locked from progressing MsQ. On my server people formed a line and waited patiently for “Raubahn Ex.”

Hopefully they’ve got it together and we can cruise right along this time around

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, when I swapped my PTO, I didn't bother taking the 3rd off. I'll sit in the queue/enjoy the DDOS during my work day and hopefully should be good to go by the time I'm off. According to the letter they just released, hopefully no Raubahn/Pippin EX this time since they added a queue for the duty instances as well now instead of just bonking you out if one wasn't available.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Prelim patch notes are up

Edit: Seems all leves are getting fucked this expansion so having 16 active leves won't do shit. Ishgard restoration/Diadem xp is also getting nuked for 80+ turn ins, no surprise, although it seems they'll still work for 80 to 81(says above 80). The surprising one is apparently Ocean Fishing will scale all the way to 90, which makes fishing even more of a joke to level to cap since you can just do Ocean Fishing a few times to get there. Triple leves are also disappearing entirely in 6.0 content, the old ones still remain but once you get to EW areas, it'll just be single leves, so that fixes the issue of balancing them I guess.

Another interesting fishing change is fishing intuition progress being kept when you log out. This is relevant for some stupid ass fishes like Lancetfish and to a lesser extent Stetacanthus. Also bunch of new skills that uses "charges" from catching HQ fishes, interesting stuff although remains to be seen what the skills are.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
2b8cfeb0387547985acca0ab23ca66a42ef10112_60.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Tali had a meltie because he forgot (or didn't figure out) this was Zenos, accuses chat of spoiling him:

Yeah, that's the same guy who accused Bellular of grifting and trying to destroy WoW for clicks back then, because he "has been playing FFXIV for five years!"--but didn't make it past level 44 or so and got filtered hard by ARR.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf

Aazrael

Tali had a meltie because he forgot (or didn't figure out) this was Zenos, accuses chat of spoiling him:

Yeah, that's the same guy who accused Bellular of grifting and trying to destroy WoW for clicks back then, because he "has been playing FFXIV for five years!"--but didn't make it past level 44 or so and got filtered hard by ARR.
Such an unlikable streamer that one. Talks and acts like some used car salesmen. And often blows up and losing his "cool".

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman

If you havent figured by that point that this is body hopping Zenos, you are as dumb as a rock.

• 2Like