Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Apparently there will be UI modding at some point. From what I've read they'll be using the buggy, bloated, unoptimized, soon-to-be-deprecated-everywhere security blackhole known as Flash just like Secret World does, so hooray for that..
Every dev post I have seen on the subject has related it to WoW.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FFXIV uses Scaleform middleware, so the actual addons will be using Flash/ActionScript and not LUA. They probably used WoW as an example because it's known universally, but Secret World will be much closer in implementation.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Well fuck... thought I had my mind set on going ARC, then I go and get attached to THM. Damn this indecision!

Cthalupa_sl

shitlord
Way early, like I said, several of these style quests in game:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Only_the_Best

Millioncorn, Boyhada Moss, etc. This wasn't the only one like this - just the fact they had tons of various factions that weren't in at JP launch.

You seriously didn't remember turning in all of these shit show quests if you played 11? They were terrible.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cornette-Mandragora Mad

I'd rather have WoW dailies but they hadn't been invented yet.
Honestly, I much preferred that over the WoW dailies. Spend 150-200k (and get half of it back from the turnins) on corn, cornettes, and zinc ore, and you were done with your bastok/jueno/san d'oria/windurst/norg rep. The turn ins could be macro'ed, and your total time investment to get all of them maxed out was probably about 4 hours total. Easy enough to turn on the TV, watch it, and get everything done over a long afternoon, rather than dailies, where you had to log in, every day, and spend an hour doing them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Some pics...
rrr_img_35841.jpg
rrr_img_35842.jpg
rrr_img_35843.jpg
rrr_img_35844.jpg
rrr_img_35845.jpg

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I just leveled mining up to 6... what a horrible experience. On the upside, that should ensure a market for high-level gathered items.

Is crafting any good? Alchemy seems like it could be useful.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just signed up for a Beta account. Waiting to hear back. It's in open beta right now, or are they still doing invites?

While waiting, I ran the benchmark program. Here's my score:

rrr_img_35851.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's closed beta atm, it ends monday(or is it sunday still, not sure, but this weekend). Phase 4 which is open beta will start in ~2weeks, possibly more and supposedly will last a week and won't be wiped for release, confirmation and details later.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Depending on your class you can very easily just ignore all of it. As a CNJ I give zero fucks about anything cross-class except maybe Swiftcast, and I"ll have to be pretty desperate for something to spend time on before I bother to level a THM to 26 just for that. Pugilist to 12 would have been nice, since Internal Release is just about the only clickie style buff that isn't retarded, but last I heard it only works on attacks and not heals.
Is stuff just not fully implemented for jobs, or are they much more restricted on cross-class abilities? Looking at that chart it looks like jobs only have a few things they can access while base classes can grab just about every basic ability.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Rather than including more diversification, jobs seems to be even more specialization... if that is the right way to put it. So, yeah, they're more restricted on cross-class abilities to gain more core functions. That is how it has read to me so far.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Is stuff just not fully implemented for jobs, or are they much more restricted on cross-class abilities? Looking at that chart it looks like jobs only have a few things they can access while base classes can grab just about every basic ability.
Pretty sure Jobs can only borrow from their main/secondary classes that you must have to unlock that job, and possibly a 3rd class, not positive on that though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure Jobs can only borrow from their main/secondary classes that you must have to unlock that job, and possibly a 3rd class, not positive on that though.
According to that spreadsheet it looks like Main class + 2 others for Physical classes and just Main + 1 for Casters.

Dragoon = Lancer, Marauder, and Archer
Bard = Archer, Conjurer, and Lancer
Paladin = Gladiator, Conjurer, and Marauder
Warrior = Marauder, Gladiator, and Pugilist
Monk = Pugilist, Lancer, and Gladiator

White Mage = Conjurer and Thaumaturge
Black Mage = Archer and Thaumaturge

That makes it a lot simpler to sort out what extra abilities you "need" I guess.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im sure some of the arcanists will be included for white and black mages. Which is why they only have 2 classes they draw from.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
So, if I just went to the secret HQ of the "good guys" and was inducted and the something rose is the password, how far am I from the Ifrit quest and being able to jump other classes to 15?