Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Stave

Potato del Grande
Like.. 2-3 quests? or another 5-6?

Kinda wimpy I guess to ask for more clarification but want to try out some other classes w/o burning another 3 hours on questing in a plotline I'll be doing again in a few weeks.
Do like I did, just skip the side-quests and do the main storyline quest, and you should be there within an hour. There are quite a few running around detective quests, but once you go to the "water hole" the story gets pretty badass with a few twists leading up to the ifrit fight.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's a little late but iirc it's like an hour after that, less if you know how to use the teleport spell. I wiped 4-5 times on the quest right before it where you had to kill the guys or... save them? idk but the way I ended up finishing it was just being sad I was going to die again and just running around for 20 seconds. I love this shit, srsly.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
The Gridania quest at the Guardian Tree was a pain in the ass as a (pure) Conjurer. By pure, I mean I hadn't done any cross-classing. ;p

Took me a while because the NPCs that do the work for you kept dying and everything else wanted to gangbang.
frown.png
Really think they need to dial back the damage on that quest heh.

Really enjoy doing Conjurer in dungeons, now that they've opened up. Fully expecting them to nerf the bonus rewards from guildhests though. Ridiculous high doesn't cut it for some of them. L15+ came very quickly because of those.

Rope

All but two quests required me to just sit in cleric stance and nuke the shit out of everything and that was the one with the angry deer and the one before the Ifrit fight. All other quests you just nuke the healer>ranged>melee>bossmob. IN 90% of the quests all healing leads to is 6-14 mobs aggroing me and then immediately killing me.

Fenz

Are leves like orders from someone? I know very little of the FF universe but want to give it a go
smile.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are leves like orders from someone? I know very little of the FF universe but want to give it a go
smile.png
Leves are repeatable quests, you get assigned 4leve points every 12hours(so 8 a day), you can use these to pickup leves every 5 levels, which you then can level adjust for better rewards(like you're lvl 10, you pick a lvl 10 leve and make it +3 so it's 13, gives better rewards). Then you activate it and it's basically an instanced quest, specific instanced(or phased if you prefer) mobs appear in the world and you complete it, only people on the same leve and in your group can help, they have various objectives like quests. Basically they're what they use instead of quests, because it lets them design less quests since they're repeatable. Also there's tradecraft and gathering leves to level that.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Character benchmark on 8/1 and next live producers letter on 8/8 with phase 4 to follow shortly after according to a recent nico nico interview.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All but two quests required me to just sit in cleric stance and nuke the shit out of everything and that was the one with the angry deer and the one before the Ifrit fight. All other quests you just nuke the healer>ranged>melee>bossmob. IN 90% of the quests all healing leads to is 6-14 mobs aggroing me and then immediately killing me.
Weird, all I did was heal in 90% of those quests and never had a problem with aggro.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Weird, all I did was heal in 90% of those quests and never had a problem with aggro.
heh, typically every time I healed NPCs on big-brawl quests like the one I mentioned above: I got 3-4 on my ass. When you're level 15, healer, and they deal 10-20 a pop, you die quick if you stand around, and you can't rely on the NPCs to help, either.

So with Phase 3 ending, my thoughts on Conjurer really sum up to one major thing: WTB a mana regen like Thaumaturge's Umbral Ice as a base class ability. Some of the instance quests get brutal for mana consumption from either spamming heals (because the NPCs do far more dps than you do) and/or offense. Would also be nice if they upped the potency of Aero especially; even with Cleric Stance on and going every attribute bonus point into Mind (-> Int in stance) means it's still doing like 4-6 dps for the tick. WOOPEE WHEN YOU'RE ALONE ON INSTANCED STORY QUESTS.

(And for other QOL things, I hope they let the friendly NPCs be able to be hit by Medica...)

And yeah I didn't realize at first it was a one-time reward. It's still a LOT though.

Artifa

N00b
I don't know which quests you guys are talking about, but I didn't have any problems figuring out when to heal and when to DPS. Most of them with NPCs helping you are pretty obvious with the way they fight the mobs their level and one weaker mob equal to your level attacks you specifically. Only times I specifically remember healing NPCs were the quest in east shroud with tainted mobs coming in pairs at your pair of friendlies, the battle royale before the gargoyle fight, and the one before Ifrit. Even that one though, I think is more about surviving waves and if you take out the one that comes for you specifically and then heal a little before the next wave, you should be good.

The quest text and battle texts are pretty informative too. They usually give you an idea of how to beat the encounter either beforehand or during it. Otherwise stay alive, kill things killing you, and heal others in that order worked pretty well for me.

I did die once on the quest to save Biggs and wedge. The robot can nearly one shot you so you've got to stay topped off at all times. I was also pretty sure I was going to die like 5 times on the quest with the moogle above tam tara but he was clutch with his heals.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, when does this game start to suck? I'm loving it right now and I don't see many faults with it, but I know you cynical bastards have gripes. :p

Syia_sl

shitlord
So, when does this game start to suck? I'm loving it right now and I don't see many faults with it, but I know you cynical bastards have gripes. :p
So far, the game only gets better as you hit higher level. The issues could be in the content we haven't been able to see yet. Obviously there are plenty of QoL improvements that can be made, but the dungeons get more interesting and your rotation becomes more varied (but still easy to do).

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
If there was one thing I wish could change it would be the broken netcode that causes you to get hit by AOE skills if you don't get out of the way/stun it more than a second before it goes off. It's noticeable, but not game-breaking for me but I know a few people that say if they dont start moving immediately they get hit.

Roxette_sl

shitlord

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sweet, so it wasn't just my ping that causes it, it just makes it even harder to get out of the way.
Yeah, definitely wasn't just you. I usually shield bash the AOE's. and with the skill timers being the way they are, it is always close. Quite a few times I know beat the timer, and still got hit.

Pics, and peep the chat hoes! Best tank EVA!! Ok I just don't see what's so hard, but apparently it is. GOD I wish they would like bring the global cooldown like.5 sec, then combat would feel great.

rrr_img_36168.jpg
rrr_img_36171.jpg
rrr_img_36169.jpg
rrr_img_36170.jpg