Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
So am I out of left field to see Elidibus as Themis and not instantly think Venat's kid? We're already getting Lahabrea's son in Panda story, though, so maybe that's too much. But the eyes almost seem like an intentional connection
I also thought this, given that the ancients can have distinctive hair and eye colours, going for white hair/blue eyes can't be a coincidence.

Having thought about it more Themis is probably Venat's younger brother, if it's parent child then we have to deal with heavier emotional themes of fighting your child which I feel is heavy enough that it would have been referenced already, there's also the question of who the father is which no existing characters fit.

The huge question is if Themis knows about the future and if Venat knows that Themis becomes Elidibus.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I also thought this, given that the ancients can have distinctive hair and eye colours, going for white hair/blue eyes can't be a coincidence.

Having thought about it more Themis is probably Venat's younger brother, if it's parent child then we have to deal with heavier emotional themes of fighting your child which I feel is heavy enough that it would have been referenced already, there's also the question of who the father is which no existing characters fit.

The huge question is if Themis knows about the future and if Venat knows that Themis becomes Elidibus.

Yeah the connections and future knowledge will be important to see. They clearly wanted it all to be far more interconnected from the start just with including the entire Elpis storyline in general. A younger brother would make sense, although sort of raises the question who their parents were to then birth two such important Ascians. The only thing I hate about raid patch is you blow through the story so quick, usually Day/Night 1 and then the wait begins. Loving what they're doing so far, plenty of mystery.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Warrior of Light had no way of knowing who Elidibus was before joining the convocation/becoming a primal, so there's no way to have passed that knowledge on to Venat in Elpis

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
are the log in times better now (Europe Cluster) ... last time I checked it was like 5000 in the evening and I stopped trying a few weeks back :(

another question are the deluxe upgrades (for the main game and expansions) worth it ? (just cosmetics or?)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Login times are still shit, maybe less shit but still shit. Collector edition is mostly just mount/minions/glamour, just read what they give, but pretty much all of it is ignorable unless you want the specific stuff they give. HW notably has a Fantasia(potion to remake your char) bundled in there.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EU log in times feel a lot better. I don't need to afk to get in. Usually around 100 in queue at 3 pm when I get off work. Goes quickly up after 4pm though.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Nothing triggers healers more than when they die at 80% on a boss and you as the tank proceed to keep up not only yourself but both dps and finish the boss

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nothing triggers healers more than when they die at 80% on a boss and you as the tank proceed to keep up not only yourself but both dps and finish the boss
Yeah I soloed the second boss of the lv90 dungeon just to spite them all. It's great and only gets better at 90 with the Confiteor combo.

I'm starting levelling Gunbreaker from 80 to 90 and I don't like it because it feels more vulnerable to not be able to go invulnerable without penalty and/or heal myself. I have to trust the healer.

Paladin AoE is great on big pulls too, I pull two groups, hit a cooldown and Sheltron, then spam the AoE Damage + Self Heal ability 4 times and not have to worry about anything while blowing things up.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I soloed the second boss of the lv90 dungeon just to spite them all. It's great and only gets better at 90 with the Confiteor combo.

I'm starting levelling Gunbreaker from 80 to 90 and I don't like it because it feels more vulnerable to not be able to go invulnerable without penalty and/or heal myself. I have to trust the healer.

Paladin AoE is great on big pulls too, I pull two groups, hit a cooldown and Sheltron, then spam the AoE Damage + Self Heal ability 4 times and not have to worry about anything while blowing things up.

Once you get the upgraded heart you're just as unkillable as a paladin or warrior on bosses

Chris

Potato del Grande
Once you get the upgraded heart you're just as unkillable as a paladin or warrior on bosses
Yeah I just got it but haven't done any dungeons with it yet, rearranged my button setup to have that in a prominent place.

Any tricks to timing it right or is it just use on cooldown?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah I just got it but haven't done any dungeons with it yet, rearranged my button setup to have that in a prominent place.

Any tricks to timing it right or is it just use on cooldown?

You can use it as an anti-tankbuster since it has 30% for 4 seconds but honestly just have it on 100% uptime I think is best. It heals you either when you hit 50% or when it expires so it can't be "wasted"

I like to pop it between packs so it heals after a few seconds of being hit then the Cd is right back up again.

Edit: I also macro'd it to mouseover cast. You lose the ability to double-weave it with /most/ abilities (2nd hit of continuation and blasting zone is still possible without clipping) but in return you can cast it on anyone on your party, which I think is worth. Saved a healer with stacks many a time from big hits in raids with it.

Goonsquad Officer
Yep heart is great for when you see one retard about to eat an aoe. You heart them. Dot heal them and keep exploding everywhere

Malkav

French Madman
I'm pretty sure they buffed roulettes xp on top of 81+ dungeons.

Started leveling monk from 80 3 days ago, only doing : MSQ Roulette (Praet, ditching if i get Castrum), Leveling Roulette, Frontlines Roulette and Alliance Roulette with daily Hunts while waiting and I've been consistently getting 3 levels a day from this. Monk is 89 after today's batch.

Wondering what job to go with next (got SMN, WAR, RPR, MCH and soon MNK capped). Debatting going with another tank (either GNB or PAL), RDM or DRG...

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gotta say, the 4th raid boss fight music is pretty awesome (video has scenes from the fight as spoiler warning)

Although I laughed pretty hard when this dude is pretty much Dracula from SOTN

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users