Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can use it as an anti-tankbuster since it has 30% for 4 seconds but honestly just have it on 100% uptime I think is best. It heals you either when you hit 50% or when it expires so it can't be "wasted"

I like to pop it between packs so it heals after a few seconds of being hit then the Cd is right back up again.

Edit: I also macro'd it to mouseover cast. You lose the ability to double-weave it with /most/ abilities (2nd hit of continuation and blasting zone is still possible without clipping) but in return you can cast it on anyone on your party, which I think is worth. Saved a healer with stacks many a time from big hits in raids with it.
For Heart, like TBN, I just have the button twice, one normal for self use, and one macro with <mo> for protecting other ppl/offtank. The other classes have 2 buttons anyway so it's basically the same.

Chris

Potato del Grande
For Heart, like TBN, I just have the button twice, one normal for self use, and one macro with <mo> for protecting other ppl/offtank. The other classes have 2 buttons anyway so it's basically the same.
I need to think about how to deploy this on controller. I'm also not using the two Paladin cover abilities.

It may be fine just pressing up/down to cycle through the party.

I probably need better situational awareness too to see who is in danger.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
95% of the uses is just targetting the offtank when they're taking a tankbuster, so you can just make a macro that's like /ac "whatever" <2> . Assuming you use the default party setup, the 2nd player is always the other tank. For example I use that for shirk since I will never shirk anyone but the other tank, but for the other stuff in dungeons especially I'll pop it on DPS or healer and shit sometimes.

Pad can just soft targets with up/down and use the standard skill without a macro though, which is probably fine.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Got a laugh out of this one

1640607037341.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Goonsquad Officer
a youtuber covered the ARR story in the simplest break down. i thought i'd link it here in case anyone has an urge to try ff14, but wants to skip the arr story

(note that he hasn't done the arr patch content yet, and that's the 'best' most 'striking' part of the arr story. so i'd wait till he posts that as well to feel confident in skipping but also digesting the story).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I named one of my retainers after a popular vtuber and when I put up multiple items for the same price on different retainers, the vtuber one /always/ sells out first

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I am reaaally enjoying that X materia is still selling for 50k a pop. I generate 20-30 per day so it's been a real money spinner

• 1Mother of God

Chris

Potato del Grande
I am reaaally enjoying that X materia is still selling for 50k a pop. I generate 20-30 per day so it's been a real money spinner
That the gathering Materia?

By the way what's the deal with rare fates/marks or whatever it was you mentioned earlier? Was playing on my phone and chat keeps bugging out so couldn't ask in game.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
That the gathering Materia?

By the way what's the deal with rare fates/marks or whatever it was you mentioned earlier? Was playing on my phone and chat keeps bugging out so couldn't ask in game.

No just crit/det/direct hit.

there's 2 rare fates in the game, kinda like Ixion or Formidable. They have minions/pets/glamour as rewards and lots of gems.

Malkav

French Madman
No just crit/det/direct hit.

there's 2 rare fates in the game, kinda like Ixion or Formidable. They have minions/pets/glamour as rewards and lots of gems.
Yeah just need to wait for a bit. It'll definitely spawn in the next 5 minutes.

Malkav

French Madman
My comment was purely tongue in cheek since "it'll spawn in 5 minutes" is pretty much a meme. I haven't even bothered, plenty of time to catch them down the line.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
My comment was purely tongue in cheek since "it'll spawn in 5 minutes" is pretty much a meme. I haven't even bothered, plenty of time to catch them down the line.
Heard 5 minutes 10 times today while sitting in that zone