Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Man they sure made crafting even easier somehow. Scrip gear has materia slots now which is pretty crazy, I don't even need to craft the crafting gear anymore, can just min stat with scrip gear and 100% HQ anyway, with barely any materias worth. Usually I'd have to buy scrip gear to craft the crafter gear then min meld that to craft stuff but now I can just skip the middle step and just stay on scrip gear. Don't even need real food either, using NQ happiness juice which is like 300g each on the market.

Mostly been doing busywork stuff as I'm playing total war, just capping tomes, doing customs, cleared the story, farming some raid chest tokens and working on my sanctuary stuff, almost rank 9 then it's basically done for now, doing a setup where I use almost only granary mats for workshops while still keeping the 4-4-4-4-4-4 for 2days and 4-6-6-8 for 3 days optimal setup, just not caring about market bonuses, so the crafting stuff helps since I don't have to spend a lot of time to think about it.

You may not have looked at the new expert crafts yet. That shit requires you to be melded to the teeth and it's still super RNG after that (with mats that also require super geared DoL + heavy RNG).

All that for an otter fountain in the Island Sanctuary. Some people are reeeeing a lot about not being able to get their otter fountain, saying Island stuff shouldn't be put behind DoH/DoL lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You may not have looked at the new expert crafts yet. That shit requires you to be melded to the teeth and it's still super RNG after that (with mats that also require super geared DoL + heavy RNG).

All that for an otter fountain in the Island Sanctuary. Some people are reeeeing a lot about not being able to get their otter fountain, saying Island stuff shouldn't be put behind DoH/DoL lol.
Oh yeah obviously but I meant just for doing normal HQ stuff, just need to craft my own gear and stuff like that. It is a nice move though, moving the truly hard stuff to specific recipes and making everything else piss easy to craft, at least for people like me who just want to craft their own shit and be done with it. Not so great if you want to make money, although I saw some reddit post about a guy making 800m in the first week of the patch so it's not entirely dead I guess.

Malkav

French Madman
Oh yeah obviously but I meant just for doing normal HQ stuff, just need to craft my own gear and stuff like that. It is a nice move though, moving the truly hard stuff to specific recipes and making everything else piss easy to craft, at least for people like me who just want to craft their own shit and be done with it. Not so great if you want to make money, although I saw some reddit post about a guy making 800m in the first week of the patch so it's not entirely dead I guess.

Yeah, at least you're not jumping through too much hoops to craft your own stuff. And there are still opportunities to make bank at specific times if you are determined enough (as in, craft new HQ gear non stop for a week when a tier releases lol).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, at least you're not jumping through too much hoops to craft your own stuff. And there are still opportunities to make bank at specific times if you are determined enough (as in, craft new HQ gear non stop for a week when a tier releases lol).
Yeah and since Savage was delayed, you don't even lose any time from that and people are more prone to spending their money "preparing" rather than just going in with meh gear and getting some lucky drops and not buying stuff. It also makes scrip gear more relevant rather than just a way to catch up with old expansions and a stepstone towards making the crafter gear. Before I basically only bought scrip gear to craft that, which meant I usually bought it and then dumped it a few hours later, felt very wasteful.

Also them changing scrips to 4000 feels so much better. Wish they'd do the same for tomes too. 2000 is awkward as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Also them changing scrips to 4000 feels so much better. Wish they'd do the same for tomes too. 2000 is awkward as fuck.

I have NO idea why they increased the cap on scrips and didn't do so on tomes (especially poetics which you are showered with). It's just baffling.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
How hard are Unreals? Are they basically just the extremes but tuned up for modern gear? If that new lanner they released plays the Fiend music…imma have to try and get that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How hard are Unreals? Are they basically just the extremes but tuned up for modern gear? If that new lanner they released plays the Fiend music…imma have to try and get that.
Not sure about the music, don't see any videos about it but might find one if you look. Unreals are usually harder than the extremes because they're rescaled very close to current level so they're more like min ilvl extremes(which very few people do since you can get better gear in the patch they're added) and they also sometimes tweak some mechanics. If you know the fights though it's not really that bad, only the ancient shit was kinda weird, like Titan Unreal having tankbusters without castbars made it a pain in the ass without knowing the rotation.

Malkav

French Madman

Sadly it's generic mount music on the new lanner according to a video I've seen.

Not sure about the music, don't see any videos about it but might find one if you look. Unreals are usually harder than the extremes because they're rescaled very close to current level so they're more like min ilvl extremes(which very few people do since you can get better gear in the patch they're added) and they also sometimes tweak some mechanics. If you know the fights though it's not really that bad, only the ancient shit was kinda weird, like Titan Unreal having tankbusters without castbars made it a pain in the ass without knowing the rotation.

Apparently, DPS check is very tight on Sephiroth Unreal right now, on top of it being way harder that what people got used with Ultima Unreal previously (which was a joke lol). I've heard trying to PF it can be a nightmare right now.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well that’s disappointing as shit.

I have the mount, it's not the generic mount music, but it's not Sephirot music either. I'm not sure of any other mounts that share the same music but I wouldn't be surprised if it was there.

The Warring Lanner plays Sephirot music, but it's P1, not P2 sadly.

As to difficulty, the new unreal is a pubstomper. I'd guess 9/10 "completion" groups fail. That being said, it's not /too/ hard if you know what you are doing, but everyone needs to be on the ball to complete it and the DPS check is pretty tight. I've had multiple kills where he was enraging.

Malkav

French Madman
I have the mount, it's not the generic mount music, but it's not Sephirot music either. I'm not sure of any other mounts that share the same music but I wouldn't be surprised if it was there.

The Warring Lanner plays Sephirot music, but it's P1, not P2 sadly.

As to difficulty, the new unreal is a pubstomper. I'd guess 9/10 "completion" groups fail. That being said, it's not /too/ hard if you know what you are doing, but everyone needs to be on the ball to complete it and the DPS check is pretty tight. I've had multiple kills where he was enraging.

It's actually "EW specific" generic mount music, used already on stuff like Argos or Level Checker

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

It's actually "EW specific" generic mount music, used already on stuff like Argos or Level Checker

That sounds right. I consider the default music to be the music you get when on the manacutter and stuff like that. The one that like 30 mounts have.

Malkav

French Madman
That sounds right. I consider the default music to be the music you get when on the manacutter and stuff like that. The one that like 30 mounts have.

Yeah. I just think they figured they'd need a new generic music for mounts with Endwalker to mix it up instead of the old one which was already everywhere.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
In the past the 24 man, 8 man, and MSQ have been kinda separate. (CT notwithstanding, at the time they made CT, they had no idea for its future importance)

HW: A/WT and Sky pirates had nothing to do with the MSQ really or each other.
SB: O/Aspects weren't connected to the MSQ other than the beginning of SB and Ivalice was entirely unconnected
SHB: Nier wasn't connected to anything, and Werlyt was loosely connected only. E comes the closest but it's more an endcap than anything else.

I'm starting to think that in EW, the raids may be far more connected. The "enemies" in Aglaia are clearly testing us for something. They could be testing us for the 3rd 24 man raid, but I'm starting to wonder if they have been testing us because they knew The 3rd Tier of the 8 man raid was coming.

Or, are they testing us for something coming in the MSQ? I would like the stories to be more interwoven with each other this time. Maybe just wishful thinking.

Malkav

French Madman
They know it's going to be a shitshow if they made old side content mandatory for MSQ. Only thing they can do is link side content to each other (Ivalice and Bozja, Sky Pirates and Tataru).

Hell, Omega is pretty damn important for context in EW MSQ and they still didn't make it mandatory, just suggested people do it before EW was released.

Same with Role Quests.
You'd think the fact that we have a squad on the First that can open motherfucking Void Gates, with TWO CHARACTERS FROM THE 13TH, and whose goal is to cleanse the 13th would be pretty fucking important to the current MSQ. But since it's locked behind doing doing ALL the ShB Role Quests (meaning having at least 4 jobs to 80), we'll just have to make do with getting optional dialogues with them every so often.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
In the past the 24 man, 8 man, and MSQ have been kinda separate. (CT notwithstanding, at the time they made CT, they had no idea for its future importance)

HW: A/WT and Sky pirates had nothing to do with the MSQ really or each other.
SB: O/Aspects weren't connected to the MSQ other than the beginning of SB and Ivalice was entirely unconnected
SHB: Nier wasn't connected to anything, and Werlyt was loosely connected only. E comes the closest but it's more an endcap than anything else.

I'm starting to think that in EW, the raids may be far more connected. The "enemies" in Aglaia are clearly testing us for something. They could be testing us for the 3rd 24 man raid, but I'm starting to wonder if they have been testing us because they knew The 3rd Tier of the 8 man raid was coming.

Or, are they testing us for something coming in the MSQ? I would like the stories to be more interwoven with each other this time. Maybe just wishful thinking.
Problem is that
1) The 3rd Pandaemonium Raid is coming out BEFORE the 3rd Alliance Raid.

2) They have set up what the Aliiance Raids are. We just had an Ala Mihgo/Uldah themed Lightning/Fire raid, so there's going to be a Sharlayan/Limsa themed Water/Wind raid and a Ishgard/Gridania themed Ice/Earth raid and we know who all the bosses are and could even guess the order they will appear in.

So the only thing they could possibly we preparing us for is the next expansion or next big bad. Given that all the raids are optional content, it must be something that arises from the MSQ.

But yeah it would be nice if some of this stuff was made compulsary when you reach a certain point and integrated into the main story like Crystal Tower was.

Cybsled

I’m pretty sure Omega is the most likely candidate to get CT treatment and become mandatory

EW basically recapped a good chunk of the Omega lore and I’m pretty sure they will bring back the Omicrons at some point in the future (the real ones, not the Dynammis ghost ones)

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Problem is that
1) The 3rd Pandaemonium Raid is coming out BEFORE the 3rd Alliance Raid.

2) They have set up what the Aliiance Raids are. We just had an Ala Mihgo/Uldah themed Lightning/Fire raid, so there's going to be a Sharlayan/Limsa themed Water/Wind raid and a Ishgard/Gridania themed Ice/Earth raid and we know who all the bosses are and could even guess the order they will appear in.

So the only thing they could possibly we preparing us for is the next expansion or next big bad. Given that all the raids are optional content, it must be something that arises from the MSQ.

But yeah it would be nice if some of this stuff was made compulsary when you reach a certain point and integrated into the main story like Crystal Tower was.

The first raid was based on Uldah because Nald'thal is the patron deity of Uldah. Azeyma was in the raid too and thus fire.

It should be Nophica for Gridania and Llymalaen for Limsa. Nophica is earth, but her rival is Halone, so Earth and Ice together would be odd. I'd guess Earth/Wind and Water/Ice, if they are doing that.

The worst outcome would be that the 24 man is entirely self contained and that they are preparing you for some "evil" coming in the 3rd raid. I'll accept a tie-in to the MSQ though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The first raid was based on Uldah because Nald'thal is the patron deity of Uldah. Azeyma was in the raid too and thus fire.

It should be Nophica for Gridania and Llymalaen for Limsa. Nophica is earth, but her rival is Halone, so Earth and Ice together would be odd. I'd guess Earth/Wind and Water/Ice, if they are doing that.

The worst outcome would be that the 24 man is entirely self contained and that they are preparing you for some "evil" coming in the 3rd raid. I'll accept a tie-in to the MSQ though.
I'm guessing it's expansion city/starter city in each one, with a crazy end boss song for each starter city (hoping for Ishgard song too).

Then it being two that are geographically next to each other (Uldah/Ala Mihgo & Gridania/Ishgard) and the two next to the sea (Limsa/Sharlayan).

They could have them in any order of course. There's lore on the wiki that the Ala Mihgo ones are rivals so not sure that's a reason to seperate any of them.

Really can't see the 12th boss being some new threat, surely it's one boss per god?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

The new Gathering Aether Oils are really really RNG heavy and a headache as they only spawn twice a day, and also require a certain meld set, a certain lvl of collection in order too "Prime" the item, and then another RNG shitfest to break it down into the oil, and each Gathering class has a different oil they can get. The few I've nabbed have only been Single de-synths, maybe the next set of gear will help with this but it seems to be a bit "too" RNG.

And the Otter Fountain is only the beginning I think the crafting recipes are gonna get much worse, with the next set of gear and the required melds..

Last edited: