Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
If there saying Golbez isn't the next big baddy, and the fact that they have expanded upon Voidsent even more, the whole Zero being half voidsent, but always saying that anyone can overpower and become voidsent if there soul is strong enough, either Golbez is Cecil or Golbez is Zeromus, I honestly think the whole Xande and the Allagan Empire stuff, is done with the death of the Ascians as well as Bahamut. I think Zero is just there as a way for things too be explained in the 13th, and has nothing too do with Azem or any of the Ascians.. other then the fact that Fandaniel changed her too that abomination for Zenos...

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
not liking the indian accent bullshit. but at least it's not as bad as the wow's BfA and their fake jamaican crap.

Chris

Potato del Grande
not liking the indian accent bullshit. but at least it's not as bad as the wow's BfA and their fake jamaican crap.
I looked at the voice actors and seems like they have an Indian woman and Arab man for the two main roles...

Unless you just want the game to be 100% European high fantasy?

Cybsled

on that note, I wonder what accents they will end up using (if any) when we travel to the New World

It would be kind of funny if they ended up just using Americans

Chris

Potato del Grande
on that note, I wonder what accents they will end up using (if any) when we travel to the New World

It's funny that they just used the usual English voice actors for the far east.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

New York Italian accents would be rather hilarious but unlikely.

Imagine a main expansion villain with something like this:

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I haven’t touched bahamut, Alexander, or omega. I assume the regular 8 mans are about on par with the hard mode trials? I assume they’re intended to pug rather than static. I enjoyed the HW alliance raid. Somehow missed it before. Easy as shit, but at least the first boss made me feel like an idiot not reading it. Missed that feeling.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I haven’t touched bahamut, Alexander, or omega. I assume the regular 8 mans are about on par with the hard mode trials? I assume they’re intended to pug rather than static. I enjoyed the HW alliance raid. Somehow missed it before. Easy as shit, but at least the first boss made me feel like an idiot not reading it. Missed that feeling.

The normal raids, except for Coils, you can just pug with duty finder. They're each nice and short and sweet. Coils, you might be able to find a party finder group to have a higher level run you through it. If you care at all about the story, especially anything related to the opening cutscene of the game, then I recommend doing this.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Raids are slightly harder than the early story trials, but about the same as the story trials later on, the ARR/HW trials were kinda designed to be super simple but as they add more mechanics to them they get more in line with normal raids. You can queue in DF for them and most boil down to "dodge shit" or "do the one mechanic", and you can either look it up, ask someone in chat or just try to guess/die and it won't matter. They have pretty cool stories too that are touched upon or directly linked into the main story later on.

Exceptions as noted is Coils of Bahamut, in ARR they didn't have normal/savage, they did savage as an experiment only for 2nd coil, and so the normal difficulty raids are "savage" difficulty, kinda, but since they're old they're not really as hard as any current savage, but much harder than normal raid. Something like Extreme trials difficulty or so. Because of this you can't DF queue these, unlike the others, so you either get carried, or solo them once you're high lvl enough.

The story for Coils of Bahamut is very cool so definitely worth doing, but I'd recommend either getting a friend to carry or doing it yourself, so you can go at your own pace and watch the cutscenes and stuff. I think all of it can be soloed, although for some you have to do weird shit(like coil 7 or 8 or whatever, both parties have to step on buttons to open the path for the other party, so you have to recall and go back to the entrance and take the other route and such). With modern ilvls I assume any class can solo everything, but tanks tend to be the easiest. Blue mage will also shit all over that stuff, can one shot most bosses(although you don't get to see the mechanics and stuff which for some fights sucks, Bahamut is a lot cooler going through the phases and seeing the music changes as the fight gets crazier).

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So about where can I solo bahumut? Seems about like at end of shadowbringers per my google search. I main DK so I bet that does fine.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think you should be able to do it at 80. Grab the cryptlurker gear from poetics once you’ve unlocked that area. Turn 9 can be a little butt puckery. If there’s any you’re having difficulty with, ping me on discord, and I can hop over and help out.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So about where can I solo bahumut? Seems about like at end of shadowbringers per my google search. I main DK so I bet that does fine.
Since they did the stat squish I'm not entirely sure, but in poetics gear from early ShB should be fine. If you're one of the shittier classes for this(BLM for example) then maybe end of ShB yeah. A bunch was soloable at the end of Stormblood before the stat squish but not sure now, and some of it was rough/impossible, iirc only one person soloed T9 in SB, or at least I've only seen one kill, and the strat used back then doesn't work anymore since it relied on summoner pets offtanking. T9 generally is going to be the issue if any as it requires a good amount of burst to skip the autokill in the last phase.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Since they did the stat squish I'm not entirely sure, but in poetics gear from early ShB should be fine. If you're one of the shittier classes for this(BLM for example) then maybe end of ShB yeah. A bunch was soloable at the end of Stormblood before the stat squish but not sure now, and some of it was rough/impossible, iirc only one person soloed T9 in SB, or at least I've only seen one kill, and the strat used back then doesn't work anymore since it relied on summoner pets offtanking. T9 generally is going to be the issue if any as it requires a good amount of burst to skip the autokill in the last phase.

Stat squish doesn't matter for unsynch.. cause even as a blm when I go into coil I have 300K+ HP rofl and Ahk Mourn tickles.. still gotta worry about tetra flare though..

and also that Phase Transition for Hephaistos is fucking awesome..

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Stat squish doesn't matter for unsynch.. cause even as a blm when I go into coil I have 300K+ HP rofl and Ahk Mourn tickles.. still gotta worry about tetra flare though..

and also that Phase Transition for Hephaistos is fucking awesome..
It does for some stuff because the scaling is weird, but iirc yeah not for ARR, ARR is actually easier than it was before or something. But HW scaling isn't the same(I think you have less hp in unsynced Alexander than unsynced Coil for example for whatever reason) and not too sure about SB. But yeah haven't tried much in EW, I've done most of the stuff back in SB/ShB so no reason to go back other for khloe's book every now and then.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It does for some stuff because the scaling is weird, but iirc yeah not for ARR, ARR is actually easier than it was before or something. But HW scaling isn't the same(I think you have less hp in unsynced Alexander than unsynced Coil for example for whatever reason) and not too sure about SB. But yeah haven't tried much in EW, I've done most of the stuff back in SB/ShB so no reason to go back other for khloe's book every now and then.

I've been making a killing off Answers Orchs , really easy too farm up..

The only Savage I haven't tried yet is Alexander him self.. the rest I've been able too solo as a blm at 600 Ilvl.. Haven't tried anything from SB yet but I'm pretty sure Omega Savage would destroy me ..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've been making a killing off Answers Orchs , really easy too farm up..

The only Savage I haven't tried yet is Alexander him self.. the rest I've been able too solo as a blm at 600 Ilvl.. Haven't tried anything from SB yet but I'm pretty sure Omega Savage would destroy me ..
Alexander was soloable last expansion as WAR, so should be soloable by more classes now too, don't know about BLM though, there's a lot of tank busters. And yeah can make decent money off scrolls if you can be bothered. Faster on BLU though usually, cause you can final sting stuff for like 70-90% of their hp. Bahamut I think was the trickiest since you needed to push him close to the add phase to reach 0% with it, but if you overdid it(due to random crits and what not) then you'd have to do the add phase which takes a while. Nael is the same, if you push too hard she goes into meteors before you final sting, so you have to be careful, but if you do it right you kill her in 15seconds.

Can't wait to see what lvl 80 BLU is able to solo. One thing that'll be nice is faster ShB FATE farming for bicolor gems to buy all the shit. I have everything from ShB vendors but still missing a bunch of EW vendor stuff even though I already 3starred every zone, so could use a bunch.

Malkav

French Madman
P8 Savage transition to Phase 2.

WFR took about two days this time around, a JP team ended up winning.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Transition is pretty badass - starts off like Resident Evil, but then I love the bloody tear transition on the mask at the end

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Got thru p5s-p7s and started on p8s tonight 4hrs a week is all my static can do right now, with everyone's kids back in school.. I guess things are really fucked if you have kids going back right now.

Project: JENOVA so no Kuja or Garland in the next circle of Pandaemonium(possibly) =(

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man they sure made crafting even easier somehow. Scrip gear has materia slots now which is pretty crazy, I don't even need to craft the crafting gear anymore, can just min stat with scrip gear and 100% HQ anyway, with barely any materias worth. Usually I'd have to buy scrip gear to craft the crafter gear then min meld that to craft stuff but now I can just skip the middle step and just stay on scrip gear. Don't even need real food either, using NQ happiness juice which is like 300g each on the market.

Mostly been doing busywork stuff as I'm playing total war, just capping tomes, doing customs, cleared the story, farming some raid chest tokens and working on my sanctuary stuff, almost rank 9 then it's basically done for now, doing a setup where I use almost only granary mats for workshops while still keeping the 4-4-4-4-4-4 for 2days and 4-6-6-8 for 3 days optimal setup, just not caring about market bonuses, so the crafting stuff helps since I don't have to spend a lot of time to think about it.