Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
you might've already filled it, or may not have gotten it yet actually, but dont forget your Chocobo has a saddlebag.

once you take the plunge, you can also hire 2 retainers to be able to hold 2 more full inventories worth of stuff.
I have my chococbo mount, I never knew it has saddlebags!

Thanks!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
God damn the Criterion dungeons are fucking awesome, if this is the way there gonna present new mechanics for future fights GIMME MORE

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
First set + the normal set have there own "DF" Function.

Savage you have too go in a set party. Just like how Baldesion/DRS are setup.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
O So there are hidden paths,.. in each "Dungeon" we are checking Savage version right now, but have found 1 in the first, and 1 in the 2nd dungeon already..

Hidden boss's located with-in the paths also, like a mammet that looks like Ravana but cracked out.(So far the one we found in the First Variant had a really simple puzzle, but the 2nd Criterion path we are trying too figure out the puzzle too get the next path opened up, as you only get 1 chance too try and open the path per run).

For people who want too get into the "secret" path(The only one we've finished so far)

Variant(Criterion Dungeon)

-Right Door(Start)

-After First Boss, raise the "Right" bridge with the crane.

-After the first room of mobs on the path, you will run into a pack of drakes/wyrms kill them in Largest -> Smallest Order, this will open a hidden crack in the wall.

-After killing the room with 2 Ghosts, and 3 Spiders a Incense will spawn on the right side(Looking in) of the room, you must grab this quickly as it will despawn quickly once popped.

At the Coffin room, have 1 person perform each emote slowly(A slight pause is needed otherwise Namano sits there acting dumb when you do it.), While targeting the Coffin /bow, /respect, /vpose, /kneel .
If done correctly Namano will run up too the coffin and place the Incense and this will open the path in the back of the burial chamber, this leads too the Ravana Mammet.

After Killing him, Namano's double will have a new quest for you back in Ul'Dah near the Chocobo Stable, this quest gives the "Sultana's Shadow" title.

Enjoy the fight it's a lot of fun :D

Last edited:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Is there a trick on the music notes of Ex3? I understand the mechanic but some people in my groups seem to pick the right spot almost instantly. I’ve only got four clears, and none of them have been particularly pretty. Trying to get mounts from 3 and 4 before Dragonflight drops.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there a trick on the music notes of Ex3? I understand the mechanic but some people in my groups seem to pick the right spot almost instantly. I’ve only got four clears, and none of them have been particularly pretty. Trying to get mounts from 3 and 4 before Dragonflight drops.
Luckily it's one of those mechanics where you can just follow everyone else since there's enough reaction time. I think I just visually looked at where the notes were going.

The killer mechanic for me was the one shot red suns vs bouncy blue planets with time rewind and multiple in a row. Which I think was run towards red spawn and away from blue spawn since they rotate 180 into the right position if you do that. You really can't follow others and if you fuck up you die.

Really enjoyed Ultimates 1-3 though, very epic storywise. Not kept up enough with ilevel and sub to do Ultimate 4.

xaivius

Freelance Kwisatz-Haderach
<Gold Donor>
I'm close to buying the game as I'm almost out of room with all the crafting crap I have in my bags lol. Just became a warrior at lvl 31. Got AS/BS/Weaving/Alchemy/Leatherworking/carpentry/mining/botanist and soon goldsmith as my crafts right now!

you might've already filled it, or may not have gotten it yet actually, but dont forget your Chocobo has a saddlebag.

once you take the plunge, you can also hire 2 retainers to be able to hold 2 more full inventories worth of stuff.
You can add up to an additional 7 retainers for an added monthly fee per retainer, and an additional retainer and double saddlebag space with the premium app sub, for a total of 10 max retainers. Combine the bank space (175 per, for a total of 1750 at max, 350 for base sub) with being able to send them off to gether materials (Provided you've leveled the appropriate gethering/adventuring job) and they're amazing time-savers and passive income sources. Recommend setting one retainer's job to your primary combat Job when you settle on it, this allows the retainer to hunt specific mob drops within the item level of the retainer's gear, and saves some gil and time getting some of the more convoluted mats.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

I assume you mean the part where she sings circles down to the 6 heads on the ground.

Quick visual glance when the circles appear - if there's 3 on one side, go to the other side. It will soon be clear and you will have plenty of time to see where it's going and get out of the way.

If it's 2 and 2, hang around the middle. Visually see if there's one going to the front or back. If so, narrow it down to an intercardinal and start moving in that direction. You have more time than you think to get there and refine than you think - Sprint is your friend as well.

Or do you mean when she rewinds time and you have to pick the right head out of 4? That one's a little more complex.

I did my 50 kills there and I am /done/ by the end I don't think I had died in 30+ kills. It's a very methodical fight, it gets way easier with experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
The rewinds I’ve got. It’s the six heads with the four circles. Thanks Chys that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
You can add up to an additional 7 retainers for an added monthly fee per retainer, and an additional retainer and double saddlebag space with the premium app sub, for a total of 10 max retainers. Combine the bank space (175 per, for a total of 1750 at max, 350 for base sub) with being able to send them off to gether materials (Provided you've leveled the appropriate gethering/adventuring job) and they're amazing time-savers and passive income sources. Recommend setting one retainer's job to your primary combat Job when you settle on it, this allows the retainer to hunt specific mob drops within the item level of the retainer's gear, and saves some gil and time getting some of the more convoluted mats.
Thanks!

All my crafting/gathering jobs are lvl 40+ now and my main job (war) just hit 40.

I'm enjoying the MSQ's so far. For whatever reason I got pissed when the Imperials killed that Sylph Noraxia!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1666894320305025.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
Thanks!

All my crafting/gathering jobs are lvl 40+ now and my main job (war) just hit 40.

I'm enjoying the MSQ's so far. For whatever reason I got pissed when the Imperials killed that Sylph Noraxia!
That may be one of the first like... brutal snuffing out of a character in the story

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
1667075611591.png

Finally finished DSR - did 6-9h a week w a casual group (inc a few missed weeks due to holidays etc). Think I'm gonna take a break from the game after this, maybe come back if there's a third deep dungeon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Preach and Zepla are doing a Haunted House decorating contest right now on Twitch. Only 2 houses in, but the 2nd one was fucking amazing for just a small apartment

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Holy hell, I just finished the MSQ portion in central Coethas. What a damn grind.

Got my war to lvl 50, and I'm looking to craft the rampager. Whose idea is it that the darksteel and spruce needed spawns at the most messed up times ingame? lol

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy hell, I just finished the MSQ portion in central Coethas. What a damn grind.

Got my war to lvl 50, and I'm looking to craft the rampager. Whose idea is it that the darksteel and spruce needed spawns at the most messed up times ingame? lol
The times are in game time not IRL time, the entie day/night cycle is something like 4 hours.