Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For whatever reason I'm enjoying levelling all these craft jobs - I'm lvl 20+ as BS/AS/Carpenter/Botanist/Miner. I just took up leatherworking and I'm going to start Alchemy soon. I know it's slowed my main job levelling (only lvl 24 Marauder) but is this normal for people to take up so many crafts? lol

I leveled up all my crafting jobs simultaneously as well, since a bunch of pieces used in some get used in others. Culinarian is probably the biggest outlier in that it doesn’t have that kind of overlap. Overall I think it’s pretty standard to have them all going. Not sure I’ve seen someone into crafting that had just one or a couple (except maybe just going with CUL).

Cybsled

I went crafting crazy when I played the game. Plus if you get a house or FC room, you can make all your own furniture

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Omnicrafters seem to be the minority. Most don't even seem to want to touch crafting until they're direly bored with the game at endgame.

But given how easy it is to level all crafting jobs if you just turn in levequests while doing the MSQ, I think it's more that people complicate the leveling process, get overwhelmed and simply don't do it.
When I started the trial I figured I'd get bored just doing the standard level grind seeing as it's basically the same thing as in many MMO like WoW/GW2 etc. I might as well explore as much as I can with this game before I decide to buy it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
When I started the trial I figured I'd get bored just doing the standard level grind seeing as it's basically the same thing as in many MMO like WoW/GW2 etc. I might as well explore as much as I can with this game before I decide to buy it.

There is still an absolute buttload of content accessible through the free trial. The lack of FC/LS and being able to start your own PF group is a bit annoying, same with no retainers I think. The lack of retainers will definitely suck as you level crafting if you decide to continue with it. But yeah, fuck around in the gold saucer, level up whatever jobs you want that are accessible currently, when you’re 50 you can do whatever relic weapons you want to work on, etc. There’s an entire niche of players that are pure free trial players that seem to find stuff to do. There’s pretty much no need to rush to purchase the game.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
For whatever reason I'm enjoying levelling all these craft jobs - I'm lvl 20+ as BS/AS/Carpenter/Botanist/Miner. I just took up leatherworking and I'm going to start Alchemy soon. I know it's slowed my main job levelling (only lvl 24 Marauder) but is this normal for people to take up so many crafts? lol

I've been trying to find you to invite you but you never show up on search

Edit: Oh Trial, that explains why. If you do decide to sign up don't forget to use a recruit-a-friend code for a bunch of free stuff.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Resubbed to catch up with the MSQ and also do the Hildebrand I've missed (still on stormblood quests there).

Kinda nice to buy catch up crafted gear, went from 560 to 610 and was able to do the new dungeon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yes, it's best to level them all at once as each job uses mats from the others.

Alternate that and MSQ and you should be happy!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Omnicrafters seem to be the minority. Most don't even seem to want to touch crafting until they're direly bored with the game at endgame.

But given how easy it is to level all crafting jobs if you just turn in levequests while doing the MSQ, I think it's more that people complicate the leveling process, get overwhelmed and simply don't do it.
Once upon a time you could just do the town quests to 20 and just wait until you unlocked the beast tribe by gridania and you could just level the fuck out of them all that way. Now you can just ignore it all until 90 and just go straight from town stuff to 90 in Firmament. Great for catching up. Then just make yourself a basic set of 90 gear and you can do custom deliveries to get anything else you might want.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Way fucking behind, but I finally got my first muscle cat from Ex1. First real mount farm I've done. Now for the next three...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

I know a few that is all they do day after day after day... even while running Current Savage/Ultimates they craft every single minute they can..

it's like a full time business when new tier shit comes out, the money just rolls in like nothing a lot of them are already gil capped.. even with having all 10 Retainers... downside of not having a gil sink rofl.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Way fucking behind, but I finally got my first muscle cat from Ex1. First real mount farm I've done. Now for the next three...
I’ve got the first two. Haven’t learned the third extreme yet. Spent a couple hours working on it, but not quite there yet. Need to resub and start working on that. I don’t have a group for the savages and decided that getting the cats would be my endgame in this expansion.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think it depends on when you do it, I didn't do any crafting til the of Shadowbringers and only leveled Cooking to max to make Coffee Biscuits. I am just now leveling all my crafters and doing it simultaneously is definitely the way to go, but probably not until you unlock the firmament and can use the diadem to gather a bunch of shit to craft ez mode.

but if you're enjoying it, just do it, its a nice break and I enjoy FFXIVs crafting system

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
On my way to work, and haven’t had a chance to look at any info on the new relic stuff. I’m hoping that it’s going to be something like Bozja- I really enjoyed grinding the relics and leveling up other jobs. Anybody got the details?

italica

Trakanon Raider
On my way to work, and haven’t had a chance to look at any info on the new relic stuff. I’m hoping that it’s going to be something like Bozja- I really enjoyed grinding the relics and leveling up other jobs. Anybody got the details?

They specifically said it would be more like the Heavensward relics, not another Eureka/Bozja. This first step is just spend 1500 astronomy tomes per weapon.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

It's more like ARR(Zodiac)/HW(Anima) Weapons, everything is gonna be in "world", I guess that's the problem when you have too change plans at the last minute vs what was actually planned(I think anyway, with the way they ended Zadnor it seemed like there was gonna be another set of The Queens Weapons)

Malkav

French Madman
Kinda feels like ranting about relics.

I know it's only the first step but it's so fucking pointless :
- ilvl615, so basically useless even for alt jobs to anyone who has been running EX4
- these models are honestly some dungeon drops tier shit
- you basically buy them with tomes which means it's not even fucking new content, just keep farming the same old shit.

It'd be something else if they released the second step at the same time at least, giving you something to grind for a bit, but as it is it just really feels very lazy from SE.

I know Resistance first step was the same, but at least Zodiac and Anima first steps made you go do thing, even if it was just running FATEs again for Anima.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh... thought there would be more MSQ this patch. Guess I'll finish the Hildibrand then wait for the next part.

Malkav

French Madman
Meh... thought there would be more MSQ this patch. Guess I'll finish the Hildibrand then wait for the next part.

MSQ is only in major patches (.1/.2/.3 and so on). Exception is MSQ is usually split between .5 and .55 just before expansion drops.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I've been trying to find you to invite you but you never show up on search

Edit: Oh Trial, that explains why. If you do decide to sign up don't forget to use a recruit-a-friend code for a bunch of free stuff.
I'm close to buying the game as I'm almost out of room with all the crafting crap I have in my bags lol. Just became a warrior at lvl 31. Got AS/BS/Weaving/Alchemy/Leatherworking/carpentry/mining/botanist and soon goldsmith as my crafts right now!

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I'm close to buying the game as I'm almost out of room with all the crafting crap I have in my bags lol. Just became a warrior at lvl 31. Got AS/BS/Weaving/Alchemy/Leatherworking/carpentry/mining/botanist and soon goldsmith as my crafts right now!
you might've already filled it, or may not have gotten it yet actually, but dont forget your Chocobo has a saddlebag.

once you take the plunge, you can also hire 2 retainers to be able to hold 2 more full inventories worth of stuff.