Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think they are, actually. There are some mods the XIVLauncher team do not have on their main list for one reason or another. (I assumed you were asking about the boss mods, but XIVLauncher does come with Dalamud which allows you to install various addons from an in-game menu)

That's the first I've ever heard of any such law. Their stance has always been they disallow mods because 1. console players and 2. some mods are literally cheating.

Where are the good mods at? The boss mods and other cheaty things?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Are those addons included with the ffxiv launcher? I took a quick peak at the plugins, but I'm limited at work. I'm curious which addons are really good. Can't really ask my guild mates about this one ;)

The ones they used aren't native to XIVLauncher. The ones they used and got in trouble for, if I remember right, are pretty funny because they weren't the ones I was thinking of, they were something like Camera controls.

This repo contains an addon called "Dalamud Repo Browser" that allows you to see almost every addon creation with a ranking system.

this is where it goes:

1678485222315.png

I don't use all these repo's BTW, mainly wanted to see what people were talking about and haven't ever pruned the list. Some repos are things like housing addons that let you position anything in your house without having to do strange clipping bugs to get a rug on a bookshelf on a fishtank so you can place stairs (A literal process to make some of the insane houses you can check out).

some mods are literally cheating.

I mean, they all are. Some are more laughably absurd cheating than just "WoW addon but for FFXIV" though, I get your drift.

I find the variety of plugins comical, you have:

a plugin for making your character taller when they have high-heels on...

or a catgirl on screen addon...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
sweet lord what resources do people use for rotations these days? i need to relearn either BLM or ninja and cant remember shit about em lol

Goonsquad Officer
I used the balance discord. Class sub channels. They always include rotations with maximum spergery

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah balance discord and read pins or whatever you'll find the dedicated guide for the class that should cover pretty much everything there is to know. I think at some point they tried to make a website, but then another clique tried to make their own website and poach people and then it just kinda imploded in some big nerd drama like typical mmo players, so I think that idea is on hold or like not fully realized(only some guides are there or whatever).

• 1Like

Cybsled

The X.X5 patches, with the exception of the last patch of the expansion (X.55), tend to have no MSQ content. However, they sometimes will include MSQ adjacent content in the X.X5 patches.

This patch mostly just added a new beast tribe series, a new deep dungeon, new relic weapon steps for combat and crafting, and Hildibrand continuation

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a way to out gear content? Like "twink" your character? Everything I'm seeing in game is level locked. I noticed there are multiple tiers at level caps though. Like multiple at 50, 60 etc. I'm curious how much of a difference it makes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there a way to out gear content? Like "twink" your character? Everything I'm seeing in game is level locked. I noticed there are multiple tiers at level caps though. Like multiple at 50, 60 etc. I'm curious how much of a difference it makes.
You can turn level locking off in the settings for Duty Finder and solo old content like you would in WoW.

With the level locking on you can only get to the character level/item level they locked it to. If you do a lv60 Heavenward raid wearing lv70 Stormblood gear then you'll be automatically at the item level cap, so you don't need different gear for different expansions, the latest gear is "twinked" for everything.

The exception is materia melding where you get a slight boost by having the right crafted item level gear with extra materia rammed into it (there's an increasing chance for this to fail and only works with crafted stuff). Extra materia on higher level gear is just capped as normal, only gear within the cap keeps the bonus.

People only do that for the hardest difficulty content (Ultimate?) that very few ever clear and you can't take the level locking off those encounters.

If's a pretty good system, you can solo stuff to farm items if you like, but also do it at the old difficulty level to enjoy the fights mostly as they used to be and get bonus exp for them via duty roulette.

• 1Like

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can turn level locking off in the settings for Duty Finder and solo old content like you would in WoW.

With the level locking on you can only get to the character level/item level they locked it to. If you do a lv60 Heavenward raid wearing lv70 Stormblood gear then you'll be automatically at the item level cap, so you don't need different gear for different expansions, the latest gear is "twinked" for everything.

The exception is materia melding where you get a slight boost by having the right crafted item level gear with extra materia rammed into it (there's an increasing chance for this to fail and only works with crafted stuff). Extra materia on higher level gear is just capped as normal, only gear within the cap keeps the bonus.

People only do that for the hardest difficulty content (Ultimate?) that very few ever clear and you can't take the level locking off those encounters.

If's a pretty good system, you can solo stuff to farm items if you like, but also do it at the old difficulty level to enjoy the fights mostly as they used to be and get bonus exp for them via duty roulette.

Hmm.. Ok thank you.

So I can gear myself to the tits at level 60, but when I do the level 50 MSQ it just gimps me down? I can change that in the settings?

The main reason I'm asking is because the NPCs they are giving me are pretty trash.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hmm.. Ok thank you.

So I can gear myself to the tits at level 60, but when I do the level 50 MSQ it just gimps me down? I can change that in the settings?

The main reason I'm asking is because the NPCs they are giving me are pretty trash.
So am I understanding this right? You can do older instances with NPC's now (like you could in Shadowlands) instead of pugging them? (Even though pugging them in Shadowlands was a hell of a lot quicker. Never understood the people that wanted to be able to pause instances anytime they wanted, but hated on the NPC's for being slow.)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hmm.. Ok thank you.

Not sure if you can turn it off for the first time but don't think you can solo lv50 stuff at lv60 anyway, unless you are planning on bringing more people.

It's best to match with real players in your first play through though. If it's long queue because you are DPS, level a Tank or Healer and queue as that. Tank is the easiest role in this game.

If you are lv60 but doing lv50 MSQ, you are wasting exp that could be put into a second job.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
... You can do older instances with NPC's now (like you could in Shadowlands) instead of pugging them?
Yes, seems that way. I'm only on ARR.

Never understood the people that wanted to be able to pause instances anytime they wanted, but hated on the NPC's for being slow.)

Why is that hard to understand? When I'm ready to go, I'd like my teammates to not suck. I love the convenience of the NPCs though. I need to abruptly step away pretty often.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if you can turn it off for the first time but don't think you can solo lv50 stuff at lv60 anyway, unless you are planning on bringing more people.

It's best to match with real players in your first play through though. If it's long queue because you are DPS, level a Tank or Healer and queue as that. Tank is the easiest role in this game.

If you are lv60 but doing lv50 MSQ, you are wasting exp that could be put into a second job.

I'm leveling a warrior as my first class. I wanted to tank and the axes looked cool heh.

I haven't played with anyone else yet. I just hit 50 and am trying to get everything done here before going to 60.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, seems that way. I'm only on ARR.

Why is that hard to understand? When I'm ready to go, I'd like my teammates to not suck. I love the convenience of the NPCs though. I need to abruptly step away pretty often.
It takes almost twice as long as it does with PUG players. You can drag 2-4 packs of shit and just AOE it up with players where Im not even sure you would survive if you tried the minimum of that with NPC's. I guess if you're that beholden to stepping away, its understandable. I just think that completing an instance with players in 10-12 minutes, versus 20-25 minutes with NPC's makes a world of difference in their usefulness.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
It takes almost twice as long as it does with PUG players. You can drag 2-4 packs of shit and just AOE it up with players where Im not even sure you would survive if you tried the minimum of that with NPC's. I guess if you're that beholden to stepping away, its understandable. I just think that completing an instance with players in 10-12 minutes, versus 20-25 minutes with NPC's makes a world of difference in their usefulness.

Yes that does sound appealing. I heard there are better NPCs: I just don't know how/where they are. I ended up buying a better weapon on he market board for 30k. Now i'm doing the most dps as the tank :cool: