Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
The thing that sucks the most about Binding coil is no one queues for, but it has some of the best story material for the Twins' backstory and wrapping up the story the 7th Umbral Calamity.

There are little references to the things you find throughout the game, and the game assumes you have done it (which I think is true of all 8 man dungeons, cause the later ones only get minor or passing references after their expansions), but the story itself is really cool.

I recommend just soloing it at around level 80, all 12 turns are soloable, save like 2? I think. And you can find a party finder for those pretty quickly during prime times that I've found. You only need one other person for them.

I've never done them in an actual 8 man, but I've watched some streamers go back and do them iLevel synced and the fights actually seem really cool when done properly as well, especially for the first 8 man raid content in the new game.
Really good story - gotta do the Coils. One of the main reasons why I went from trial to sub.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The thing that sucks the most about Binding coil is no one queues for, but it has some of the best story material for the Twins' backstory and wrapping up the story the 7th Umbral Calamity.

There are little references to the things you find throughout the game, and the game assumes you have done it (which I think is true of all 8 man dungeons, cause the later ones only get minor or passing references after their expansions), but the story itself is really cool.

I recommend just soloing it at around level 80, all 12 turns are soloable, save like 2? I think. And you can find a party finder for those pretty quickly during prime times that I've found. You only need one other person for them.

I've never done them in an actual 8 man, but I've watched some streamers go back and do them iLevel synced and the fights actually seem really cool when done properly as well, especially for the first 8 man raid content in the new game.

I managed to solo the entire thing at level 80 on Gunbreaker, but it took several attempts for two and perfect rotation/dps AND good luck.

At 90 it's a cakewalk.

Cybsled

Btw is it just me, or if the first 10 floors in eureka county orthos solo extra hard? Feels like I get non-stop mob spawning bullshit and get fucked over by bad mob combos all aggro at once

Granted I am doing it on Samurai and you lose a lot of burst pre90, so that 81-89 stretch is a bit more rough

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Btw is it just me, or if the first 10 floors in eureka county orthos solo extra hard? Feels like I get non-stop mob spawning bullshit and get fucked over by bad mob combos all aggro at once

Granted I am doing it on Samurai and you lose a lot of burst pre90, so that 81-89 stretch is a bit more rough

If you are playing Tank in there ya you will have to speedrun to get past that intial "bump" in there... Even speed running on my first Solo clear of 10(as Gunbreaker), I was lvl88 and had about 5mins left after killing the first boss, it just seems to be rougher for tanks/healers in this Deep Dungeon sense mobs have shit tons more HP. Once you get past that though it does get easier.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Almost finished Heavensward and something about that singularity instance just reminded me of how much everything is going to drag its ass between now and the end of ShB's cause Ive played through it all. Bought the ShB MSQ skip - logged in, realized it just completes the story, not your character. Flipped my desk. Went outside, breathed twice. Came back in and bought 80 Warrior. Ill finally play the expansion that came out in 2021. Look at me go.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Almost finished Heavensward and something about that singularity instance just reminded me of how much everything is going to drag its ass between now and the end of ShB's cause Ive played through it all. Bought the ShB MSQ skip - logged in, realized it just completes the story, not your character. Flipped my desk. Went outside, breathed twice. Came back in and bought 80 Warrior. Ill finally play the expansion that came out in 2021. Look at me go.
You already played Heavensward and Stormblood?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You already played Heavensward and Stormblood?
Ya. I played all of the game on Coeurl (iirc) server on another data center (outside of newest expansion). Character has same name. Else i wouldnt have skipped anything. Going through the MSQ once is fine and almost a rite of passage. But a second time is bat shit insane.

I left the character im playing now way back at ARR release and didnt come back till ShB. Then my gf wanted to play and Gilgamesh was so congested I could never get her a character made there at the time. Now Im playing the new expansion and she has zero interest in playing.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spent a week carefully analysing all 4 healer classes and making a hotbar setup to maintain muscle memory across classes. Feels good.

Now I can play Astrologian without running out of mana because the card buttons are out of view.

• 1Like

Cybsled

It’s kind of true. I like how they touch on this during the actual MSQ: in their eyes, you’re a psychopath who has murdered thousands and why rank and file soldiers shit their pants when they realize who you are

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Spent a week carefully analysing all 4 healer classes and making a hotbar setup to maintain muscle memory across classes. Feels good.

Now I can play Astrologian without running out of mana because the card buttons are out of view.

AST has a steep skill floor, but it feels soooo good once you get past the initial “fuck, I can’t remember whether this is a melee or ranged card” hump. It having such a wide toolbox and so many heals on delay lets you be incredibly creative versus the other healers. Undoubtedly it’s harder to optimize for Savage and Ultimate, but if you play as a skilled casual like I do, it keeps you way more engaged than WHM.

I’ve been an AST main since 3.0; I still prefer Old Cards to New Cards, but Endwalker New Cards is a significant improvement over Shadowbringers New Cards, and the rest of the kit is a lot of fun, so I came back to it in 6.0 after a one-expansion break in 5.0.

Chris

Potato del Grande
AST has a steep skill floor, but it feels soooo good once you get past the initial “fuck, I can’t remember whether this is a melee or ranged card” hump. It having such a wide toolbox lets you be incredibly creative versus the other healers. Undoubtedly it’s harder to optimize for Savage and Ultimate, but if you play as a skilled casual like I do, it keeps you way more engaged than WHM.

I’ve been an AST main since 3.0; I still prefer Old Cards to New Cards, but Endwalker New Cards is a significant improvement over Shadowbringers New Cards, and the rest of the kit is a lot of fun, so I came back to it in 6.0 after a one-expansion break in 5.0.
I don't know if this is helpful to anyone else, but I set up a macro that when I click "Play" it swaps to a hotbar with 1-8 on the left and on the right is a sword symbol with the 3 melee card icons and a bow symbol with the 3 ranged icons tooltips.

So I click play and the one of the 6 card tooltips lights up, I check which set it is then click the number of the party member I want to give it to.

I can also click the bow or sword symbol to redraw. Thinking about adding a back button on the 6 card tooltips.

I don't think anyone else has figured out that non hotbar abilities like "The Bole" and "The Arrow" etc can be set as an micon anyway and will light up when the ability procs.

Screenshot_20230320-210634_PSPlay.jpg

In the pic you can see that "The Spear" is slightly more lit up than the others.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Think I've seen a similar setup years ago in a reddit post, the right part that is, not the numbers.

Also is kinda useless unless you have some sort of color blindless. Blue outline on cards=melee, purple outline on cards=ranged. It's already built in.

Cybsled

I suspect Carrot Glowsticks will either be bloodsworn rep level or Allied Tribe quests if they actually do that this xpac

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So the last 20 floors of Orthos.. is kind of a joke.. even with having 2 bosses in the sets..
Cool seeing Excalibur actually in game though.. and the administrator is a lol

DPS is gonna be mowing this place like crazy once they figure out AoE setups..

Cybsled

You def need those regen pots you can buy if your class lacks sufficient self sustain. I tried soloing and the floor 10 boss was doing too much auto attack damage for me to survive, even using a steel pommander. This was with 79/54 atherpool

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

When I played I used Squintina's setup for PS5. She maintains specific buttons for spells/abilities across related Jobs so when you're playing it's easy to transition between them all.