Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya, telling me I don't have service account and won't download the files. Luck you you mother-bastard!
You don't even know! I was bummed about it not starting until Saturday because tomorrow is the last furlough day for DoD. So thanks to Congress, I'll (hopefully, assuming I'm actually in) be using it to play beta all day!

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Not that I know of. My money's still down on Thief being put in as a base class first (nevermind the guild spot in Limsa Lominsa), for all that sweet-sweet Ninja/Samurai Job evolution later on.
It almost makes more sense for musketeer be the pure dps second job of archer instead of a new class. I'd prefer a melee agi class rather than a second ranged one, but shrug.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Can anyone please tell me what time exactly can I sign up for open beta and get in this bitch?

edit: nvm found it

The final beta test will kick off on Friday 16 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT and last until Monday 19 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
PS3 codes have to be linked to an already existing PC beta account, which you should have received a separate email for. There's no such thing as just being in the PS3 beta. The PS3 promo code you received is simply used to download the beta client on PSN.
actually according to the email, i'm in the PS3 version only, it even says in the email that i do not have a PC Beta and if i want to participate in that one i have to register. But if i follow the links on how to do the PS3 one it's simple put in code, download client and play (all via ps3)

This is the email i got

MY_EMAIL_sl said:
Please find your PlayStation?3 promotion code below:
PlayStation?3 Promotion Code
Instructions for using Promotion Code:
Step 1: Connect the PlayStation?3 system to a broadband connection
Step 2: Sign in to your Sony Entertainment Network account on PlayStation?3
If you do not have an SEN account, please register for one (more information onwww.playstation.com)
Step 3: On the XrossMediaBar, select Account Management under the PlayStation Network category
Step 4: Select Redeem Codes - this brings up a screen to enter the code you have received
Step 5: Enter code and follow the steps on screen to download the client

Additional details on redeeming your promotion code can be found on the Beta Tester forum and KB article.

Details on how to install the Beta on your PlayStation?3 console can be found here.

How to participate in the PC Beta Test:
We?ve noticed that you haven?t registered your Beta Test code for Windows PC yet. If you still wish to participate in the PC test, please reapply for beta access from the Beta tester Application Site when the final test phase starts.
the part where it says how to install the beta links to here which says nothing about the PC version.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/fa...la=2&kid=68100

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Ordered the game through Greenmangamning today. Is it too late to get into this weekend's beta event? I tried applying but it's currently closed and will it reopen for this weekend's event?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
@Brakthir: P4 notes are unclear and seem to say no (exception: PVP area is pretty much Legacy/1.0 chars only since they can be above level cap of 20).

@Nola: It should open Saturday for signup and/or access if you can't get in Friday.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
fucking awesome, I'm trying to download this client from hotel internet... every time the download is interrupted... it starts all over from the very beginning... guess I'll try that torrent link... fucking hell, how hard is it to program a client patch downloader.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
@Brakthir: P4 notes are unclear and seem to say no (exception: PVP area is pretty much Legacy/1.0 chars only since they can be above level cap of 20).

@Nola: It should open Saturday for signup and/or access if you can't get in Friday.
Thanks a lot. I haven't been really keeping up with this game and I'm hoping it won't be another let down.

Sythrak_sl

shitlord
fucking awesome, I'm trying to download this client from hotel internet... every time the download is interrupted... it starts all over from the very beginning... guess I'll try that torrent link... fucking hell, how hard is it to program a client patch downloader.
Yea they broke up the files into 1.5gb chunks, so if you crash/disconnect before it finishes a chunk its bye bye progress.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Curious if there are going to be many ISIS non poop sockers playing ? (nothing wrong with a good poop socking mind you.)

As in kids/wife/job whatever isn't going to have you nightly raiding for hours at a time , but you'll still play when can. Just wondered if there are going to be a few who will be around for a bit but not completely off to the races for weeks at a time after launch ?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not going to rush through content. I'll get max level when I get max though when I start getting hardcore into it I'll play 24/7 if I can. I have a 40/hr week job though so I can't do that but I'll do it as close as I can. I really want to enjoy the leveling like I did in EQ1(it took me almost a year to get max level at release and I had a blast doing it and made many friends). Getting max level within a week is not fun for me anymore. I want to raid but not at the expense of killing off my RL now.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea, this internet connection is fairly unstable... so it's basically gets about 30 minutes, then it did it again, after I don't know, about an hour... and then after a 3rd time after 30 minutes I said fuck it and went to the torrent. I mean, it's not like it's really "that bad" of a connection for a free wifi here in the u.s. I'm actually downloading the torrent at 150-200KB a sec that's not that unreasonable (Hell I only have a 3mbit (400KB/sec) downloads at home, If I woulda started with the torrent in the first place, but I mean, really... people gave blizzard crap for their torrent patcher, but at least it worked (mostly) to distribute 1 file to 12 million people.

Ryanz

<Banned>
lol...trying to order this shit from GMG and I have all my payment info filled in and I'm clicking the "Make Payment" button and nothing happens. Good stuff.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll be taking my time as well. Promotion this year put me in the captains chair so I just need to get through this transition and then I can really play. One thing ill say too is that I love the immersion of FF. It's a little nostalgia for me and something new. From the music to the overall world, I just really enjoy taking it all in. Even if FF MMO's haven't been my favorite MMO's in terms of gameplay, concepts, and mechanics, they create a very genuine world.

Looking forward to running with everyone.