Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Sweet, got the code from GMG, even though it LOOKS like a valid code, it's not working. Instead I get a "MGAMEREG_ERROR_REGISTER_GAME_INSERT_VALID_COD E". Blargh.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
If it's the XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXXX-XXX (x's not to scale) type code, those aren't valid yet and are for early access.

If you're looking for a P4/beta code, you'll have to say hello to the site on Saturday(?) unless you were in a prior beta, at which point login with that account.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sweet, got the code from GMG, even though it LOOKS like a valid code, it's not working. Instead I get a "MGAMEREG_ERROR_REGISTER_GAME_INSERT_VALID_COD E". Blargh.
16 digit or 18 digit? Because the "preorder one" isn't scheduled to go out until August 20th and will be 20(?) characters.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Sweet news on Musketeer.

I guess if we pre-ordered post 7/31/13, and didn't participate in any of the previous Beta's we'll have to wait to download the client Saturday.... going to suck if we've got to spend all morning downloading it when the floodgates open, but c'est la vie.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
WTB account access to dl beta early
frown.png

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Has there been any concrete info at all about the Musketeer class yet?
Not that I know of. My money's still down on Thief being put in as a base class first (nevermind the guild spot in Limsa Lominsa), for all that sweet-sweet Ninja/Samurai Job evolution later on.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for clarification on the codes.

As for the magnet URL for torrent, I have uTorrent installed and just copypasted into a browser

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Think I've got my starting job nailed down, still having trouble deciding on a race though. First game I've played where at least one hasn't stood out as the "go to".

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sweet news on Musketeer.

I guess if we pre-ordered post 7/31/13, and didn't participate in any of the previous Beta's we'll have to wait to download the client Saturday.... going to suck if we've got to spend all morning downloading it when the floodgates open, but c'est la vie.
Wait, what? I didn't have to enter any information to download and patch the game.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
still pissed the the code i got for PS3 beta this weekend is not working... either someone found a way to use the code or i have no idea... but either way, i'm not in :/

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok, I'm wondering now if I'll somehow be able to play tomorrow. Talking with my brother-in-law, he's saying he can't patch the client because he doesn't have a service account. Idohave a service account, cause apparently I played 1.0 for like a week back in 2010. Am I going to be allowed into the early access because of that? I had no issues patching. But I can't imagine playing for free 3 years ago would get me in.

Edit: According toAlready Registered Beta-Code, start 16th or 17th?it sounds like I will be able to play tomorrow. That's obscene since I basically played long enough to get to the starting city in 1.0 and quit because it was so fucking bad. But I'll take it if so!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
still pissed the the code i got for PS3 beta this weekend is not working... either someone found a way to use the code or i have no idea... but either way, i'm not in :/
PS3 codes have to be linked to an already existing PC beta account, which you should have received a separate email for. There's no such thing as just being in the PS3 beta. The PS3 promo code you received is simply used to download the beta client on PSN.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ok, I'm wondering now if I'll somehow be able to play tomorrow. Talking with my brother-in-law, he's saying he can't patch the client because he doesn't have a service account. Idohave a service account, cause apparently I played 1.0 for like a week back in 2010. Am I going to be allowed into the early access because of that? I had no issues patching. But I can't imagine playing for free 3 years ago would get me in.

Edit: According toAlready Registered Beta-Code, start 16th or 17th?it sounds like I will be able to play tomorrow. That's obscene since I basically played long enough to get to the starting city in 1.0 and quit because it was so fucking bad. But I'll take it if so!
Ya, telling me I don't have service account and won't download the files. Luck you you mother-bastard!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have successfully resisted the urge to raid my weekend Funyuns stash early, but I shall devour them aplenty when the morning comes.