Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Open up the spreadsheet on the first post and try to find someone. Katya made everyone a leader, so anyone is capable of adding you now.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
Today 10:42 PM #20
NOC_NA

Currently, we have stopped allowing the creation of new characters in the following worlds:

Cactuar
Ultros
Sargatanas
Diabolos
Gilgamesh
Leviathan
Balmung
Hyperion
Behemoth
Excalibur
Adamantoise
Midgardsormr
Goblin
Chocobo
Malboro

When creating a new character, please select a World other than the ones listed above. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

hmmm. wonder for how long...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw some pet mechanics from quick tests about the concerns for endgame, it would seem that the pets simply copy the stats from the player to determine their own stats on summon. What this means is first that you should resummon your pet everytime you upgrade your weapon. Changing zones might update it, as leveling might, but I can't confirm as I haven't ran any tests on that. However you can clearly see that equipping a weaker weapon won't affect a pet damage until you resummon it. You can also see that the pet damage follows the exact same changes as your own attacks, minus the difference in potency. Going from my lvl 15 book to my lvl 1 book, I basically lost half the damage per hit on both Ruin and the pet main attack. So it would seem the pets will simply scale 1:1 with your gear, so they should never have a problem in endgame. They also seem to be immune to some aoes or something, would need to run better tests on that but while soloing my pet would often stand in the middle of an aoe and take no dmg.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is this game worth me giving a shit?
for $22.00 and comparing it to any other option available in the genre at this time, then I would say yes. As others have said, it does have an old-school vibe with beautiful landscapes and music. If nothing else, its something to escape to. Other than that, I really can't comment. The content and mechanics could be crap as far as I know. Didn't get very far throughout the betas.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so ifirt and hatali dont unlock until 20, not sure if i can do them as i dont want to waste xp.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Btw some pet mechanics from quick tests about the concerns for endgame, it would seem that the pets simply copy the stats from the player to determine their own stats on summon. What this means is first that you should resummon your pet everytime you upgrade your weapon. Changing zones might update it, as leveling might, but I can't confirm as I haven't ran any tests on that. However you can clearly see that equipping a weaker weapon won't affect a pet damage until you resummon it. You can also see that the pet damage follows the exact same changes as your own attacks, minus the difference in potency. Going from my lvl 15 book to my lvl 1 book, I basically lost half the damage per hit on both Ruin and the pet main attack. So it would seem the pets will simply scale 1:1 with your gear, so they should never have a problem in endgame. They also seem to be immune to some aoes or something, would need to run better tests on that but while soloing my pet would often stand in the middle of an aoe and take no dmg.
/burns

Excellent

/burnsoff

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Inviting as I look at thread. If I missed you , means I checked but you weren't online when I was looking :p

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Can't make an account through official page... great... Another company that can't handle (pre) launch volume.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
for $22.00 and comparing it to any other option available in the genre at this time, then I would say yes. As others have said, it does have an old-school vibe with beautiful landscapes and music. If nothing else, its something to escape to. Other than that, I really can't comment. The content and mechanics could be crap as far as I know. Didn't get very far throughout the betas.
+1

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about going to bed and getting up early and seeing if I can get on. Looks like they are going to try to balance out the populations tonight in hopes of a better tomorrow. Hopefully, see everyone in game in the morning.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Anyone getting an error while downloading? [11006][20641][20643] Gets to about 1.4 gigs and just stops. I've been trying for about 7 hours now.