Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Muligan Jurai on Gilgamesh... if i could quit getting interrupted with "honey do" jobs I would be max level already haha... oh what a difference 10-15 years makes in gaming

rolx_sl

shitlord
Where the FUCK do you download the client?

edit got it.

God DAMNIT I hate square enix there shit ALWAYS bugs out. Finally after creating a whole new account my login decides to work, then my launcher is bugged. Have to reinstall and then it won't load. AMAZING. Now I remember why I said fuck this game!

Needless

Toe Sucker
I just realized i can't see spell effects either... and tons of screen tearing.. Pretty sure my drivers are up to date too :\

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
It's amazing the amount of vaginas in this thread. Some of you fuckers act like you have never installed, played, updated a MMO, or waited for a guild invite in your life. So much emo.

rolx_sl

shitlord
I just realized i can't see spell effects either... and tons of screen tearing.. Pretty sure my drivers are up to date too :\
Lol. Sigh, SE just doesn't learn. They had how long to fix all these bugs again? I have 2 friends that can't even log in to their webpage who created new accounts and new emails too. Check their forums theres 100's of people having the same problem. Its hit or miss if you got in your lucky.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Where the FUCK do you download the client?

edit got it.

God DAMNIT I hate square enix there shit ALWAYS bugs out. Finally after creating a whole new account my login decides to work, then my launcher is bugged. Have to reinstall and then it won't load. AMAZING. Now I remember why I said fuck this game!
Calm yourself woman.

Cthalupa_sl

shitlord
What server are people making characters on now since Gilg is full?
Full/open isn't a static thing with these. It's dynamic, and it being full might last 5 minutes or an hour. Same thing with it being open. It's not like gilg is shutdown until further notice for character creation, or anything.

Anyway, having taken another class to 20, I've now got a maxed dps, healer, and tank, and have dungeons on all of 'em. Granted, these impressions are only for the first little bit of the game, but...

1) I love that combat isn't as spammy as WoW. Some people are complaining about the 2.5 second GCD, but I like it. You're not just wearing out your keyboard pressing the same damn thing over and over again without stop, and if you do press the wrong button because you suck, it hurts you a lot more than in other games where the GCD is only one second. Two and a half times longer of a delay to get back to 'optimal' after you fuck up.

2) The people in the low level dungeons are some of the worst I've ever had to tank for since the early WoW days. Won't focus targets, break CC, aggro random shit, etc. Eventually I found just running in and spamming flash and the skill combo that regenerates mana was the easiest way to keep the idiots from killing themselves.

3) Dungeons I healed I ended up with a marauder tank, and they seemed to take a lot more damage than I did on my gladiator. They might have just been bad.

4) The game is beautiful. Everywhere that I've been has stuck with me in some distinct way. That's a major change from the ~15 levels I played in 1.0, where the graphics were great, but everything seemed completely uninspiring. Now it's the total package - great graphics, beautiful vistas, and vibrant locations that really remind me of what makes the Final Fantasy franchise what it is. The worldbuilding just in this regard is something that I hadn't seen matched after EQ and FFXI

Re: Maps. I haven't had a problem with them at all, tbh. They're not nearly as bad as Yuhtunga and Yhoator from FFXI - but Ilikedthat those maps were bad and the areas were confusing to navigate. Jungles aren't supposed to be friendly and easy to get around in. They were two of my favorite zones. There were a lot of amazing EXP camps nestled away in there outside of the major mandragora ones that were almost never populated.

Anyway, WoW was the last MMO I ever bothered leveling past 15-20 on, and I've tried about 85% of the ones that have come out since then. There's something about FFXIV and the world it takes place in that has me REALLY enjoying it, and really wanting to keep playing. I'm having a blast so far.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Need a guild invite on Flight Fleetfoot.

Enjoying it so far. Will be dropping the other games I;ve been playing and concentrating on this. Some of the cut scenes are a bit of a pita though - and a taste of fedor about them (it's a trap) :

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
AF gear my ass, I'm subligar end-game!

BYGZVJt.jpg

Gecko_sl

shitlord
F
Re: Maps. I haven't had a problem with them at all, tbh. They're not nearly as bad as Yuhtunga and Yhoator from FFXI - but Ilikedthat those maps were bad and the areas were confusing to navigate. Jungles aren't supposed to be friendly and easy to get around in. They were two of my favorite zones. There were a lot of amazing EXP camps nestled away in there outside of the major mandragora ones that were almost never populated.

Anyway, WoW was the last MMO I ever bothered leveling past 15-20 on, and I've tried about 85% of the ones that have come out since then. There's something about FFXIV and the world it takes place in that has me REALLY enjoying it, and really wanting to keep playing. I'm having a blast so far.
I'm curious if you're an FF fan. I never really was one, and I get the feeling those with hooks in this game probably feel the same way.

The game is drop dead gorgeous, but the themepark questing and static nature really don't do too much for me. The anime people and doll like race really are a huge put off for me, too. If only WOW or Rift looked this good, though.

The map is pretty blah. It's not intuitive or setup very well. I do like the fact I have the option of using a keyboard/mouse or a gamepad. I couldn't figure out if one could swap between them on the fly, though.

I was trying to remember the previous iteration of the game that was so awful, but I guess it's been a while. How long ago was their original train wreck release? The game appears to be much better now, although pretty much the same type of game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
you can use the keyboard and mouse while in game pad mode. Only thing I can find that is different is the hot bar set up.