Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The fuck is wrong with square enix, I can't log into my account at all on their site. It keeps bringing me to put in dob, nickname, etc... even though I've already done that.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Based on the volume I'd say most p4 players were smart enough to enter their code before July 30th to get in on Friday. At least a 80/20 tilt, if not more.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Hrm....did you try entering your dob, nickname, etc?
Yep, put in the nickname I used when I created the account initially and it says its taken (obviously) so I put in a different one and finally got through. Now my activation code isn't working.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The game just asked me if I was prepared for carnage, with a yes/no prompt.

Why, yes, game, yes I am.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yep, put in the nickname I used when I created the account initially and it says its taken (obviously) so I put in a different one and finally got through. Now my activation code isn't working.
Sorry, I was making joke - yeah, their online account stuff leaves a bit to be desired. When I got to that step last night, every time I'd hit "submit" it'd error out. Eventually I just started F5'ing (letting Firefox resend the post data) and it finally worked for me.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
approaching level 20. H?w bad is it if you are not into crafting? Absolutely loathe this kind of micro economy and I do not want to run around collecting orange juice bottles from emo elves or one foot tall talking dolls.
Can I just grind more gils and be good or do I miss best in slot/best available gear?

Myst

Peasant
You can't enter any code until the 20th. You just register an account, apply to open beta, get instantly accepted and wait until the 20th to enter your pre-order code for the early start.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You can't enter any code until the 20th. You just register an account, apply to open beta, get instantly accepted and wait until the 20th to enter your pre-order code for the early start.
Thanks, just realized that. I am idiot and fuck square enix for redirecting you to a different site/login prompt whenever you click anything.

Evidently you can't even register an account at the moment. Fiance tried pre-ordering just now, was told her e-mail was taken so we made a brand new one for shits and giggles and got the same message.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love this game. I played like 12 hours yesterday and logged on when I woke up today. The game reminds me of Vanilla WoW.