Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the question of which classes Bard's need, saw some video where a guy was stating that Conjurer had been removed from the requirements and Pugilist was added (Lancer still there). Supposedly they toned down the Bard's "support role" in favor of more pure ranged dps class as well. No idea if legit.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Why arent you rocking this shit out on your hdtv? Its just one HDMI cable away, lol. also I hear this shit runs good with controller. So yeah, wtf man?
I did sometimes in beta, I need to grab another keyboard though that I can use on my coffee table. Talking to people is a total bitch without one. I'll probably play it on my 60" ST60 Plasma when I find a good keyboard to use over there. Not sure if I'll go wireless or just run a long USB cable.

spronk

FPS noob
I had a code from Amazon that doesn't match up with the key code I can enter in the link that Chysamere provided. Is this for the code that provides early access or for the actual product? I code I have started with 6 characters and it only lets me enter 4 in the first box.
You have to take your amazon code and go to
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

(it says so in the amazon email). Login, set to English-US, type in your amazon code which is the format of 6 letters 3 nums 6 letters 3 nums, and you should get spit back out a 20 digit code that begins with RAAU. If you are getting errors (error 3) click on your profile settings in the upper right corner, and change the language to English-US and hit save, and try the whole thing again.

With the 20 digit RAAU code, follow the instructions on the page that shows it - open in another tab the link it says, type in the 20 digit RAAU code, and it should ask if you want to add Pre-Order access to your account. Say yes/confirm, and thats it. 8-12 hours later (lol) you will get an email giving you your 20 digit RAAU code again.

btw the patcher is up again and patches a small launcher update, but nothing else.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Did GMG email anyone there codes for Early Access/Live? I received something when I ordered at Open Beta but it did not look like a Square-Enix code. Hopefully I can leave work at a decent time and look it over.

Edit: Nevermind.. found it! It was towards the bottom of my invoice. Similar steps as mentioned above with Amazon.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait for the clusterfuck that happens when everyone tries to enter their regular game codes, which I'm pretty sure no one has even received yet.
Shouldn't be too bad - anyone who bought 1.0 don't have to input any codes which should cut down on the traffic to enter those codes.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, anyone got any recommendations for a good, but cheap wireless keyboard I could use for this? Or should I just get a clone of my current keyboard and a usb extender?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
When you said cheap, I thought you meant cheap for a gaming keyboard. That thing you use is a piece of junk! Mechanical all the way.

I guess if you have wrist problems it's fine.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Didn't even cross my mind we wouldn't be included until this morning. Anyone know for certain if non legacy 1.0 accounts are included in early access? Google gave me both yes and no but way more no's. Pretty pissy if I can't play tomorrow. I paid $120 for my collectors edition motherfuckers.

Never mind, found out while trying to find out if I got the new CE items or just the faggy onion hat. Have to be legacy for early access. Pretty fucking gay but at least I get the 2.0 CE items for the 1.0 CE. Ugh, if early access codes aren't tied to a specific CD key I'll buy one off someone who pre ordered and can't play this weekend. Prefer to pay you out of steam wallet but eh toss me a pm if interested.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got 7525 with these settings at 1680x1050 + Vorph's settings for the SMAA Injector on my GTX560 + I5-2500k @4400.
Try it with in-game HDR off and SweetFX on. As far as I can tell SweetFX overrides everything the game's HDR is doing, so you're taking about a 1000 point hit on the benchmark for nothing. Can't say for sure what effect it has in the actual game though, as it didn't occur to me to try that until a couple days ago.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Didn't even cross my mind we wouldn't be included until this morning. Anyone know for certain if non legacy 1.0 accounts are included in early access? Google gave me both yes and no but way more no's. Pretty pissy if I can't play tomorrow. I paid $120 for my collectors edition motherfuckers.
No, Early Access is only for Pre-Orders and Legacy players.

But you can get the digital normal version from Amazon for about $30 plus $10 in credit - gets you the EA code, Moogle Cap, and a minion.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Try it with in-game HDR off and SweetFX on. As far as I can tell SweetFX overrides everything the game's HDR is doing, so you're taking about a 1000 point hit on the benchmark for nothing. Can't say for sure what effect it has in the actual game though, as it didn't occur to me to try that until a couple days ago.
Oh wow yeah, that bumped me up from 6565 @ 1080p (using the same settings I posted above) on my HDTV to 7351.

Any other settings I should change? And what exactly does Glare do and is it and Ambient Occlusion good settings to have on?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, Bard is either Pugilist or Lancer as the base now. It's a good change, even if it means I wasted 20 levels in Conjurer last weekend.

<theorycrafting>
I'm kind of excited for the class because it should be an AOEing machine.

I think you'll be able to round up mobs, dump a full TP bar worth of Quick Nocks into all of them, and then use the Lancer TP heal and your TP regen song to regain your TP to full (while kiting) in order to do it again. Plus you'll have access to Blood for Blood for +30% damage (Lancer 34) and Internal Release for +30% to crit (Pugilist 12) to help that first batch of Quick Nocks really hurt.

You should be able to farm like crazy with this class.</theorycrafting>

Sean_sl

shitlord
When you said cheap, I thought you meant cheap for a gaming keyboard. That thing you use is a piece of junk! Mechanical all the way.

I guess if you have wrist problems it's fine.
I love my shitty ergo keyboard! I do in fact have wrist problems. I'm getting my elbow cut open to repair some nerve damage next month hopefully. I have no feeling in half of my left hand right now.

Myst

Peasant
Emails are indeed going out quite late, if you want to be sure your code inputted correctly, take the following steps:

Go to:https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...arlytop?rgn=na

Click I currently own a Square Enix account, and log in

Attempt to put in your 20 digit NAAU (if in the US) code again. If it says this has already been used, you have registered correctly.
Wow i think i am at my wits' end with this system. I just took your advice and put in my pre-order code to retrieve my NAAU code again so i can check if its been "used", and this time i got TWO codes stacked on top of each other, both starting with NAAU.

Now i have two completely different 20 digit codes starting with NAAU. Hooray?

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
So, anyone got any recommendations for a good, but cheap wireless keyboard I could use for this? Or should I just get a clone of my current keyboard and a usb extender?
I just got one of these a week ago for the times I'll play on my PS3. I really like it.http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...eless+keyboard

It's light, supposedly has long battery life, comes with batteries and it installed and worked on the PS3 anyway in the blink of an eye.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Bard is either Pugilist or Lancer as the base now. It's a good change, even if it means I wasted 20 levels in Conjurer last weekend.

<theorycrafting>
I'm kind of excited for the class because it should be an AOEing machine.

I think you'll be able to round up mobs, dump a full TP bar worth of Quick Nocks into all of them, and then use the Lancer TP heal and your TP regen song to regain your TP to full (while kiting) in order to do it again. Plus you'll have access to Blood for Blood for +30% damage (Lancer 34) and Internal Release for +30% to crit (Pugilist 12) to help that first batch of Quick Nocks really hurt.

You should be able to farm like crazy with this class.</theorycrafting>
Makes me glad I leveled up Lancer to 15 instead of Conjurer after I got Archer to cap. Like the change a lot.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Wow i think i am at my wits' end with this system. I just took your advice and put in my pre-order code to retrieve my NAAU code again so i can check if its been "used", and this time i got TWO codes stacked on top of each other, both starting with NAAU.

Now i have two completely different 20 digit codes starting with NAAU. Hooray?]
Your key is showing sir. Look at the URL. Not that it matters.