Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
From amazon you enter the preorder code on the page you get to using the link in the email you got from amazon, then if it works, the ff site issues you another headstart code you then need to re-input on yet another page. Yeah, retarded, but what do you expect from japs?
Ok thanks you and Spronk. Amazon never provided that link because I had to email then to get the code anyway since it never emailed.

Myst

Peasant
How's the range on it?
I used that keyboard as well. The range is not bad at all, but i find you really have to be facing the PS3/Laptop for it to work 100%. I don't know if its interference on my end, but if the keyboard is facing the unit at an angle, it won't respond perfectly.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I used that keyboard as well. The range is not bad at all, but i find you really have to be facing the PS3/Laptop for it to work 100%. I don't know if its interference on my end, but if the keyboard is facing the unit at an angle, it won't respond perfectly.
Hrm, that might be a problem since the USB port on my PC where it'd be plugged in at definitely would not be facing the keyboard. I may have to just get a wired keyboard or maybe a more expensive bluetooth one to use with my HDTV.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So day 1 priority...get chocobo so I can use my coeurl mount which looks awesome.
smile.png

I think I have nice armor set for the chocobo too.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, anyone got any recommendations for a good, but cheap wireless keyboard I could use for this? Or should I just get a clone of my current keyboard and a usb extender?
Bought my girlfriend a

http://m.newegg.com/Product?itemNumber=9SIA1FZ0K62643

She loves it, works perfect, cheap, decent battery life (of course can just use any wall port with a USB charge cable if you're worried about battery dieing mid-game), but typing is secondary to using the gamepad on the ps3 for sure.

Small form factor = win for bedroom gaming... Bluetooth = easy setup and no wireless problems

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just got one of these a week ago for the times I'll play on my PS3. I really like it.http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...eless+keyboard

It's light, supposedly has long battery life, comes with batteries and it installed and worked on the PS3 anyway in the blink of an eye.
I would have bought that one, but I was concerned about the unifying receiver not working with the PS3, which is why I got the Bluetooth, good to hear, I may pick up a trackball if ps3/PS4 support mice.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For those who have the CE, when you go to your account on the SE site, does it show just the regular PC version or the CE? Mine is just showing the regular version atm, I don't see anything in regards to the CE yet.

And in regards to keyboards I bought a,http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Arc-...small+keyboard, for when I played MH Tri on Wii. It's nice and small and works really well.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Product keys (which differeniate regular or CE editions) won't be sent out until near the 27th. So yes, there's another code to enter and that will be when you can claim your CE items.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pre order codes are the same for everyone, ps3/PC/ce or non...(I used ps3 pre order code for my account and used PC pre-order code on a ps3 account.

Square enix doesn't have any way of currently distinguishing between accounts based on the pre-order codes. Retail codes as far as I know, haven't been sent out by anyone yet?

spronk

FPS noob
So if you want to be 100% sure you are in early access, run the FF14 launcher and it should look like this after you login:

AoRN2FT.jpg

If it says this instead:

launcher_sl said:
No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Proper registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station is required. Users participating in early access must also complete registration by August 30, 2013. Using the code enclosed with your package, please complete registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
Then your account is not registered for early access yet.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
I can't even get to the point where you can login for the FFXIV browser. I'm literally stuck on the license & agreement portion because even after scrolling down and checking off that it was read; the "next" button does not function at all. I'm questioning if this is a new SquareEnix strategy to not activate the button until they're 100% sure that everyone has indeed actually read the EULA.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh wow yeah, that bumped me up from 6565 @ 1080p (using the same settings I posted above) on my HDTV to 7351.

Any other settings I should change? And what exactly does Glare do and is it and Ambient Occlusion good settings to have on?
Glare I assume is when you look at the sun, and possibly controls the sunshafts through trees, etc. (which look really nice) as well. I doubt it has any significant performance cost at all, but I haven't messed with it.

SSAO is a way to calculate lighting so that ambient light doesn't brighten areas that should be shaded. Without it, shadows do not look natural. It's a fairly heavy computation, done entirely on the GPU, but weak looks good and shouldn't hurt performance too much.

My settings:
settings.png

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Facepalm.

From the first step (entering the promo code from Amazon):

(Also from the NA login site...)

Congratulations! Your pre-order code has been redeemed. Here is your Early Access code for the Windows PC version of the game.

And then...

Windows Pre-Order Code Registration
Please enter your Windows pre-order code for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

For pre-order codes on the PlayStation?3, please register through PlayStation?Store.

The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account.

And finally:

Account settings:

Jesus fuck. Next steps?
*Update:

Contacted *the* support line number from SE account page (1 of 2). Waited on hold for an hour. Asshole answered, "Oh, you need to call Europe. I don't have access to change anything but NA accounts."

Are you fucking serious?

**Update 2:

Cancelled my preorder through Amazon (yes they allow it).

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
2am in California, 5am in New York. 8pm sat night in New Zealand. That should be enough info for you to figure out when its up for you.
smile.png