Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I have to work until 3pm on Saturday....but I have off Sunday. Hopefully if there are any server issues, they will be cleared by the time I get off. My body is ready. Eorzea, I need you.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I just want to unlock White Mage by Monday, myself. ;/ I missed my crafting day on Sunday due to 3102 so I'm behind (and others were more efficient levellers than I amplus I read almost all the quest text).

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
And most likely Ranger when they get around to adding that class.
Any of you FF experts have any idea of most likely new classes to be launched anytime soon ? Ranger more a strict dps archer or something with a pet ? I remember someone mentioning something about samurai if I'm not completely crazy also.

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
Pro-tip: if you preordered from Amazon and have the EU / NA thing going on, just cancel your preorder. Create a new (non-beta) account in NA and then preorder again. Sadly, you lose all of your characters from beta (I had a few), but the amount of time you spend with customer support (if they even resolve a motherfucking thing - good luck with that!) will more than overshadow your creating a new character and leveling them a few. Plus it's not as fun.

Way less fun.
This was a very informative post. Now it begs the question that I have. I am almost positive (in hindsight ) that the redirect url from GMG had an eu in it. After receiving my pre-order unlock, I logged into my SE account (which has my 1.0 CE on it as well) My unlock code contained the RAAU starting characters. Everything worked fine, all the way to logging into the game and being told to wait until early release. The question (in a round about way is) does the fact that I received my unlock code in the url have from an EU as opposed to NA have any bearing on where I will play?

I would be put out if I lost my beta progress as well as the slot on Gilgamesh.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got my square email with early access/preorder code(that I put in yesterday).

Ready for saturday

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Your beta progress won't be impacted if you use the same login for your early access redemption that you used to login to the launcher for beta. The secure.square-enix.com website uses the same login for beta. That's the ONLY ONE that matters for what account has access to the game, so if it's the same, you should be able to carry on where you left off from last weekend.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
To quantify: if you got in beta, there's a good chance you did so through one of the German / French website promo's (since they had thousands of keys for some reason).
I think you're on to something. I'm pretty sure I used one of those EU related key giveaways (because, like you said, they had a zillion keys available) to get a beta key. Maybe that's why I'm getting constantlyl shuffled into the eu. realm.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any of you FF experts have any idea of most likely new classes to be launched anytime soon ? Ranger more a strict dps archer or something with a pet ? I remember someone mentioning something about samurai if I'm not completely crazy also.
i would guess musketeer since they already have pieces of it in the game.

square apparently had a hard on for samurai in 11 (I only played it for a year and they just seemed like random melee DD #4 of 6 to me) so I would expect that and ninja to go in at some point

red mage, blue mage (enemy skills), dark knight and thief are the main archetypes missing from the series although they have a large array to choose from

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chances are, next class implemented would be a musketeer (corsair job, which is a mostly ranged dps class, but more tanky than an archer), leading each city to have 3 starting classes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some dude made a chart, and it looked like most of the actual classes were probably in. Musketeer would be an archer job. Dark knight or ninja as a marauder job.

Was all based on him guessing though.

Razzorn_sl

shitlord
Some dude made a chart, and it looked like most of the actual classes were probably in. Musketeer would be an archer job. Dark knight or ninja as a marauder job.

Was all based on him guessing though.
For Thief and Ninja, they would probably bring in a new starting class and call it a Bandit or something. I have no idea where they would stick Samurai.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
For those who have played long hours and many different types of encounters- how accurate is the reflection of FPS from the benchmark program and the actual game?

i got a 7030 on benchmark with i5-3570k and radeon 6850 on 1680 x 1050, will that play at high ok in all situations?

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
They're pretty darn close if not identical. If that's what you got on the benchmark, you should be golden in game if the graphics settings are the same.

Also, totally calling future Blue Mages as Hunting Log = Blue Magic acquisition (and the exp). Or they make a separate Hunting Log for Blue Magic, but same principle.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
FF11 Rangers were straight up Ranged DPS, also had tracking/scan.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For those who have played long hours and many different types of encounters- how accurate is the reflection of FPS from the benchmark program and the actual game?

i got a 7030 on benchmark with i5-3570k and radeon 6850 on 1680 x 1050, will that play at high ok in all situations?
Inside crowded cities your fps may drop some, but aside from that I experienced no differences on maximum settings.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I'm running a i5-3450, and radeon 7850. Same resolution as you. I play on max and I honestly haven't noticed any FPS drops ever. Even during FATEs in Aleport Sunday when there were probably 200 people all spamming shit. The game is optimized very well. You should be able to run at max or close to it all the time.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I score about an 18k on the benchmark and was experiencing some "ice skating" or sliding or whatever in highly congested regions. Chalk it up more to bandwidth / server rather than fps? I dunno, was frustrating but only because it never occurred in the previous betas when there was, of course, 1/100th the amount of people.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
For Thief and Ninja, they would probably bring in a new starting class and call it a Bandit or something. I have no idea where they would stick Samurai.
Would be an offshoot of marauder. With some mix of glad and whatever thieves/ninjas class would be, will just go with treasure hunter for now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I score about an 18k on the benchmark and was experiencing some "ice skating" or sliding or whatever in highly congested regions. Chalk it up more to bandwidth / server rather than fps? I dunno, was frustrating but only because it never occurred in the previous betas when there was, of course, 1/100th the amount of people.
That goes away if you set the game to a 30 fps cap, so it seems like it's an engine problem. I've gone back and forth between whether the problem or the solution is more annoying to look at.