Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Theoretically Error 3 is just a server load issue (now that they have the EU/NA code separation) so it could be you just need to keep trying for a bit. Or their servers took a shit again! Even though they have localized servers, the access is apparently still moderated mostly by the Japanese.

Erie_sl

shitlord
So if you want to be 100% sure you are in early access, run the FF14 launcher and it should look like this after you login:

AoRN2FT.jpg

If it says this instead:

Then your account is not registered for early access yet.
Okay, so I put in a ps3 pre-order code, is there anything I have to do to play on my PC? Because I'm getting the not registered dialog. And I had the 1.0 copy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you put in a PS3 code, I'd assume you can only play with the PS3 version. While beta codes worked on either, they were beta codes and iirc they said you'd need to buy both the PS3 and the PC version if you wanted to play on both. Might be wrong but I'd think that's normal. As for 1.0, that's only good for the release. For EA you need to have legacy status, which involved subbing for 3months during the right period of time.

In your case, assuming the accounts are linked together properly(which I believe only requires you to log in on the right SE account on your PS3 so nothing fancy), you'll only be able to play EA on your PS3, but once game launches you'll be able to play on either since you have a 1.0 pc account. But I don't think you'll be able to play EA on your PC.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
PS3 and PC codes are different. I had to register both of mine in order to download the client and get to the "wait for next beta phase" point.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When I did this last night I could not download the client yet, patcher said they were doing maintenance, is there any talk of letting us preload this before the 24th?

rolx_sl

shitlord
I can log in the website, but when I go to add new games and try to enter my code they emailed me it just says invalid code. What am I missing?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You need to use the link they sent you in the email to input the code, at least thats how I input the code from amazon.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Got it thanks I was trying to register it under games didn't know you had to register the pre-order code on a different site.

Brash_sl

shitlord
Confused. I now have a EU account with beta characters(game shows up on account) with early access(as per launcher), and a US account with early access but the game doesn't show up in account. All this with one pre-order code(two early access codes were sent to me) Problem is the EU & US customer support don't talk to each other. What to do.
frown.png
EU customer support sends me to US customer support. US never responds. Can't we just Nuke these people again?

rolx_sl

shitlord
Okay, so I put in a ps3 pre-order code, is there anything I have to do to play on my PC? Because I'm getting the not registered dialog. And I had the 1.0 copy.
Everything said it was good and I redeemed my code, but then when I log into the launcher I don't see that pink circled part I get this message:

No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Proper registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station is required.

* Users participating in early access must also complete registration by August 30, 2013. Using the code enclosed with your package, please complete registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

Seriously what the fuck is going on why is this so hard?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What's wrong with you people...you've been asking for a hardcore game since EQ1...

Square is giving it to you...it starts with registration.
smile.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Pre launch is going well. Getting sleep. Building up credits with the wife. Told parents etc I'm busy for the next week or so. Supplies shopping tomorrow. Unfortunately not been able to cancel my 5 year old boys birthday on Tuesday.

T minus 37 hours....