Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Haha, my alarm is set for 2am and I haven't even mentioned it to my wife yet. She has no idea I'm going into mmo mode.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Turbo same one and Valos that sucks =(

Ive got forums that are setup but what a PITA to have everyone register somewhere else etc.
Thought so, I played with Divinus and then BRotherhood of the Spider(DROW) on the same server (think you ran Pain?). I'm actually playing with DROW again so won't be joining the forum guild but after the rush is over I might make an alt in the forum server and try and go for mans greatest challenge outside of not pissing on the toilet seat ......converting a lesbian!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Are you rrrrrrreeeeeeady!?

rrr_img_41371.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha, my alarm is set for 2am and I haven't even mentioned it to my wife yet. She has no idea I'm going into mmo mode.
I'm still at work. I haven't mentioned it to my wife yet either, but I'm pretty sure she was annoyed when I spent all of Saturday and Sunday (she doesn't know I spent Friday playing) in game. I'm actually still up in the air with when I'll get up. At first I thought 6am, but then I was like...shit, the servers will have been up 4 hours by then! So then I thought maybe 4. But if I'm getting up at 4, I may as well do 2? That means going to bed after I get off work, go to the gym, and then eat.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brahma I hope you make it to 5am buddy haha

@Turbo yes I still have my mighty warriors they just dont want to play FFXIV, around 7 of us joining ISIS though undercover =)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No alcohol for me when I play. Very rarely do I get fucked up anymore. Just gives me a helly headache.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Issues still remaining at release:

As of August 23, 2013, the following issues have been confirmed in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

-An issue wherein the companion action "Choco Medica" does not recover HP properly.

We plan to address this issue via a hot fix as soon as possible.
-An issue wherein the "manor sentries" that appear in the instanced dungeon "Haukke Manor" become stuck and prevent players from progressing through the instanced dungeon.

Please be sure to fight the "manor sentries" on the second floor of the Haukke Manor until the issue is addressed.

If you encounter this issue, please open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."

-Due to a critical issue that we have identified in the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace," the instanced dungeon will not be available at launch.

Please note that while the instanced dungeon "The Wanderer's Palace" will show up in the Duty Finder, it will be inaccessible. Please refrain from joining the instanced dungeon until the issue is addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
-An issue wherein if a player completes a primal battle while KO'd, the option to return to your home point will not appear.

If you encounter this issue, please have a party member revive you or open the Duty Finder and then select "Leave."
-An issue wherein if a player joins an instance via the Duty Finder, they occasionally become immobilized after leaving the instance.

If you encounter this issue, please contact a GM by selecting the "Support Desk" option under the system menu.
-An issue wherein certain cutscenes viewed from the "The Unending Journey" located in inn rooms will always play from the beginning.

-An issue wherein the icons on the market boards occasionally appear incorrectly while a player is experiencing lag.

-[PlayStation?3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally lose control of their character while fighting a certain monster in the instanced dungeon "The Sunken Temple of Qarn."

If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.

[PlayStation?3 only] An issue wherein the game client may freeze if a player attempts to log out while their character configuration screen is open.

-[PlayStation?3 only] An issue wherein the cursor location of the Crafting Log will occasionally appear in the incorrect location and prevents the players from controlling their characters.

If you encounter this issue, please log out and then back in.
-[PlayStation?3 only] An issue wherein a player will occasionally be unable to take a screenshot.

If the screenshot fails, the message "Screenshot failed." will appear.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
WTF, I can log into the website but I cannot log into the launcher to download the gd game.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/23/2013 5:23:33 PM
Score:10463
Average Framerate:93.628
Performance:Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : High
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled
-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x16
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
16324.828MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

Weird, the benchmark reports my gtx680 as the 4gb version when i have the 2gb version oO

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
and on the password reset the fucking security question I picked isn't fucking working, I think that's enough for me to cancel this fucking pre-order.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck I don't know how I'm going to be able to go to bed to wake up early for this, I'm all excited and giddy for this shit more than normal for some reason.

Noahx

N00b
I was joking, I put 100 lbs on my bench and lost 50 lbs in the last 6 months while recovering from shoulder surgery. Not going to loose that over a week of overdose of Torino"s. and I do it because that's how I live my life, bust ass and do the hard work up front and enjoy the benefits at the end. Everyone has their own approach / shrug, this is worth it to me becuse it's 100 % bliss with no thought of conciseness. I rather have brief periods of that and bust ass and be disciples the rest of the time.

I got I might even put easy cheese. ON my totino's hahahhahha.
Guise... just do 20 pushups each TS combine.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I hopped on for the fuck of it, downloading a 1 gb patch. You may all want to get it up and download.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Probably a casual weekend but I'll be on at 2am to get a char loaded (barring any technical). Rolling with ranger / maybe bard. Try something new for a change.

spronk

FPS noob
I hopped on for the fuck of it, downloading a 1 gb patch. You may all want to get it up and download.
shh i wanna login at 2am before all the people who are raging at having to download a 1 gig patch

off to bed now see you guys in 8 hours when the servers will meltdown, we shall all eat pizza rolls in our underwear on skype

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/23/2013 7:09:13 PM
Score:5016
Average Framerate:43.304
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
Graphics Presets: Maximum

General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : High
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled
-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x16
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz
8183.117MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (VRAM 4050 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Websitehttp://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na#FFXIV Score:5016 1920x1080 Maximum Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
I was thinking of running on Maximum and maybe turning off shadows but why bother. The benchmark ran without a hitch at maximum settings. Can't wait to play game looks great.