Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh if you are not up and on by 2:15 the latest, there is probably a 95% chance you are screwed and stuck waiting/re-trying.

At the worst if you are making brand new(couldn't get on server previously or just bought it) and don't/can't wake up, at least wake up at 2am, make the character and then leave it logged on and pray nothing happens till you finally wake up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
will the company (guild) be up day 1? need to see that guild chat.
It'll probably be a little bit before we get it up since we'll have to get someone up to 25 first. So probably at a minimum an hour if servers aren't borked.

That said, refer to the list on the first page. At least half the people on that list can invite you to the linkshell. The linkshell is what we used for chat throughout beta.

For anyone who ordered from greenmangaming, did you get an early access code via email? Whenever I try to update I get the following
"No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn".
The pre-order is applied to my square-enix account and I've been in the beta. I assume I am missing the 20 character early access code? I just found out my greenmangaming had an old email associated with it. I've updated, but want to know if I need to request the early access code again.

EDIT: Wow nm, I figured it out. Found a link to where square-enix hands out the early access code when supplied with the pre-order code. No clue why that site isn't suggested Google or plastered all over the screens telling you you're not registered for early access.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone who ordered from greenmangaming, did you get an early access code via email? Whenever I try to update I get the following
"No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn".
The pre-order is applied to my square-enix account and I've been in the beta. I assume I am missing the 20 character early access code? I just found out my greenmangaming had an old email associated with it. I've updated, but want to know if I need to request the early access code again.
Your early access codes comes from SE and you should of gotten it as soon as you put in that pre-order code.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question. What the hell are +GP rings and earrings? I couldn't find GP listed anywhere on the char sheet.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yo, can these be mailed to a primary character?
you have to add the recipient to your friends list in order to send mail to them. Since you can't friend your own alt characters you will need someone else to transfer them for you.

Question. What the hell are +GP rings and earrings? I couldn't find GP listed anywhere on the char sheet.
GP are Gathering Points (abilities for gathering professions cost GP) There are also CP points for Crafting professions.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
GP is a gathering bar, kind of like mana, that you use for gathering skills. You're limited to what your bar is per attempt. So increasing it yields many more attempts to either increase HQ chance or gather an item.

Edit: Changed that, cause it's CP for crafting, GP for gathering.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uh if you are not up and on by 2:15 the latest, there is probably a 95% chance you are screwed and stuck waiting/re-trying.

At the worst if you are making brand new(couldn't get on server previously or just bought it) and don't/can't wake up, at least wake up at 2am, make the character and then leave it logged on and pray nothing happens till you finally wake up.
Eh, Vandyn is already on Gilg so I'm not worried about that. If I can't get on by the time I get up, it'll bother me but I'll be alright. Figure I'll get on at some point tomorrow morning. Hopefully they have something resembling a queue.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gathering points. When you are gathering and you use abilities(to up HQ chance etc) it cost points, The more points you have the more abilities you can use per node.

CP is crafting points and the same thing.

Eh, Vandyn is already on Gilg so I'm not worried about that. If I can't get on by the time I get up, it'll bother me but I'll be alright. Figure I'll get on at some point tomorrow morning. Hopefully they have something resembling a queue.
Wake up, log the guy in and go back to bed. Then hope servers don't crash or anything :p

Noahx

N00b
CP for Rings is horrid until you hit 18. SO the +5 CP is pimp... if you make a toon and want to enjoy crafting while you adventure, hook yourself up with one of these (or two) by selecting "Fortune" in the open dialogue.

and you will be amazed what 10 more CP will do for you... its like they know how to fuck you with CP if using base gear.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I agree. I'm only running an i3 and I start slowing down on all high. Probably will be close to these setting, which everything looks pretty good anyway:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/23/2013 7:57:23 PM
Score:5268
Average Framerate:42.886
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
Graphics Presets: Custom
General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Enabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : Normal
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : Off
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Enabled
-Shadow Resolution : Normal - 1024p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x16
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Disabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Disabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz
8159.141MB
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1236
I've also got an i3 (slightly faster) but have a 7850. By comparison I'm getting almost a 50% increase in FPS at higher settings than you used, so I wouldn't necessarily say the game is CPU bound.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/23/2013 8:28:16 PM
Score:7378
Average Framerate:62.231
Performance:Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : High
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled
-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x16
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz
8144.297MB
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1191

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone find a torrent for the client? Due to umm.... operator error I had to reformat about 4 hours ago and the patcher is downloading at 0.17 MB/s currently.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Gonna be a good night. Going to see The World's End at 10pm, get dinner, pick up some beer and funyuns and be home in time for this.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm so excited....

rrr_img_41385.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit, you mean now I gotta get up 15 minutes earlier? I may as well just stay up all night if I've got to wake up at 1:45.