Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nija

<Silver Donator>
15k for the guild??? I have like 5k you can have. I plan on being on tonight.

In game is Tiger Roach and I'm in the LS.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Put me in the crowd that pre-ordered this just from the comments here in this thread. Was able to login for 10 minutes during P4, but wasn't on Gilg, but on Malboro.

For a brand new character, that hasn't played any beta, starting fresh, should I just start doing the quests? Was planning on going Archer. I assume like any game? Questing grinding?

Also, during character creation there was a ton of different options. I think they were deities? I know Race doesn't matter, but do any of those other things matter?

I know class determines where you start out. I assume ISIS peeps probably going to be spread all over the world? Be cool to get some groups going on.

See everyone in a few hours.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely do the quests, specifically the "main" story quests and the class story quests as you level. You get decent cash/xp rewards but the main purpose is unlocking game features. You have to complete the level 10 class quest to unlock changing classes, and you have to complete the level 15 main story quest to get access to airships for easy cross world travel.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You pretty much HAVE to do the story quests as a lot of the game's systems are rewarded from it, stuff like Inn+Leves at 10, Airship at 15, Retainers at like 18 or so, Grand Company(and by extension mounts) and Materia stuff at 20 or more depending and maybe other stuff later on. Your class quests also matter since at 15 and 30 you unlock spells from doing the class quests, and at 30 you unlock the job quests for your class which I assume will require you have completed all class quests until then.

Every other quest is basically a sidequests that can be skipped if you don't want to do them and grind/dungeon instead. Notable exception would be the Dye "quest", which is really just bringing orange juice(storebought item) to a NPC.

Story quests have a special icon to find them, class quests are every 5 levels at your class guild.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i have a legacy account. it was working all this while. Now when i logged in it reverted to "No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Proper registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station is required."
in the square enix account management it says 'not registered' as well. Any idea?

edit - so my account used to say legacy and now it doesnt. i am guessing thats the problem. but why the fuck does it not say legacy anymore? I was subbed for a year? anyone else have this happen?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They do, but only if they're actually legacy. To be legacy you needed to sub for 3months during the right time. Every 1.0 account isn't legacy necessarily.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i know i am legacy. it used to say legacy. It somehow poofed. is this a known bug?

this is absolutely infuriating right before the early access

nu_11

Is the linkshell for forum members only?

As for the benchmark, the game seem to be gpu heavy, since I was able to get a fairly decent score on maximum with shadows off with a 660 GTX TI and a piece of shit core2quad cpu.
the benchmark seems gpu bound, but the actual game seems to involve the cpu a little more. I get 8500 score on benchmark, but my fps noticably drops sub 30 in busy game areas. (I have a shitty quad core AMD cpu, that's running 80+% on all cores in this game)

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
well nvm im the retard.
Apparently for some godawful reason the legacy requirement is 90 days subbed AFTER january 4, 2012, but before June 30, 2012
. So nevermind the fact I was subbed for 13 months thru 2011 to the start of january 2012, I still get fucked out of legacy. I dont understand the ridiculous date requirements

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
well nvm im the retard.
Apparently for some godawful reason the legacy requirement is 90 days subbed AFTER january 4, 2012, but before June 30, 2012
. So nevermind the fact I was subbed for 13 months thru 2011 to the start of january 2012, I still get fucked out of legacy. I dont understand the ridiculous date requirements
It's because those dates mean that you actually /paid/ for three months and didn't just stay subscribed while soaking up the free months the game offered
smile.png

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I paid for 13 months all thru 2011 to the start of 2012
Due to the game's predominantly negative reception, the president of Square Enix, Yoichi Wada, announced a major shift in the development team in December 2010, with Tanaka announcing his resignation as producer and leaving the company. Naoki Yoshida became both director and producer, with most other positions also changing. The PlayStation 3 version, originally due for release in March 2011, was delayed in order to accommodate the coming changes, with Yoshida stating he only wished to provide a PlayStation 3 version when the game was fixed.The initial 30-day free trial was extended, first for two months and later indefinitely, in order to allow players to experience the new development team's updates before committing to the game. Billing did not start until January 6, 2012, more than a year after the game's launch.

If they billed you, you should be talking to your CC company, or Square-Enix customer service, or both
smile.png

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Ohh my god, who was Pasteton paying then!? Guys, this conspiracy could go all the way to the top! Let's take it to private messages and remove all evidence of this conversation. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours. Stay strong Pasteton, we won't let this injustice go unanswered!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Regardless of the settings, the legacy status had specific rules, which is why I said you needed 3months during the right period, otherwise you're simply a 1.0 player, you get the game for "free" and 15 free days but nothing else. Note that legacy status has nothing to do with legacy servers, which are simply 1.0 servers so legacy and non legacy 1.0 players can play on them.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Score:8552
Average Framerate:72.097
Performance:Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Windowed
Graphics Presets: Custom
General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Enabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : High
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Enabled
-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x8
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
16366.695MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (VRAM 4049 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Websitehttp://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na#FFXIV Score:8552 1920x1080 Custom Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Could overclock my cpu and video card, until I need the power I just don't care enough to do it