Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry, but we need a subforum for this game (just like we needed a sc2 forum when it first came out)... I just skipped over the last 10 pages of messages because this thread is moving too fast.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If the instances weren't required by quests that bottleneck progress, the whole issue probably would be less of a big deal, but I know jack fucking shit all about server infrastructure. I assume they have to take entire clusters down to fix instance servers because they're so intertwined with the regular world hosting servers due to the nature of having to move characters between the two "regions" pretty much on demand.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
anyone know what level content in mor dhona and coerthas is?
The part of Coerthas I ran through to get the teleport looked mid 30s to me. Even though my lv30 GC hunting log has a mob there the lowest lvl I saw was 32.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Did anyone get to the point where thousand maws is unlocked? I'm hoping all the instances aren't gated by story quest. I'm 26 ATM and still on level 23 story quests because I stop for fates and do most of the side quests.

Not really that big a deal but I usually like to jump into dungeons right away for a break from the questing.
Thousand Maws is gated after Story Content, but not all the instances are. Halitali for example has nothing to do with the story quest.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So does SE usually go for the Scotty method and over-estimate time needed ? Noticed earlier they came back up well before they said they would, wondered if more likely to be before the est time etc or likely then or after.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't think there's anyway to really predicate it man, but since they said they'd identified the problem, hopefully it won't take too long.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Reading through the achievements on the linkshell, some of them are quite interesting, like:

Armed to the Teeth
Obtain a Curtana, a Holy Shield, a pair of Sphairai, a Bravura, a Gae Bolg, an Artemis Bow, a Thyrus, a Stardust Rod, a copy of The Veil of Wiyu, and a copy of the Omnilex in the quest "A Relic Reborn."

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/for Lodestone

Faddor_sl

shitlord
So does SE usually go for the Scotty method and over-estimate time needed ? Noticed earlier they came back up well before they said they would, wondered if more likely to be before the est time etc or likely then or after.
I'd have a greater respect for their "miracle worker" reputation if they could implement a queue to create a character on Gilg.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Reading through the achievements on the linkshell, some of them are quite interesting, like:

Armed to the Teeth
Obtain a Curtana, a Holy Shield, a pair of Sphairai, a Bravura, a Gae Bolg, an Artemis Bow, a Thyrus, a Stardust Rod, a copy of The Veil of Wiyu, and a copy of the Omnilex in the quest "A Relic Reborn."

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/for Lodestone
Do we have any indication of how we can raise our FC level quicker? Level 5 is the EXP boost IIRC

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If the instances weren't required by quests that bottleneck progress, the whole issue probably would be less of a big deal, but I know jack fucking shit all about server infrastructure. I assume they have to take entire clusters down to fix instance servers because they're so intertwined with the regular world hosting servers due to the nature of having to move characters between the two "regions" pretty much on demand.
The ones that irritate me are the ones connected to regular quests (story included). If the instances are down, it means I can't run dungeons for a while. Fine. But it also means I'm locked out of quests too, so I have to find something else to do. Today that meant hunting logs. I really wish this rested xp would run out so I could craft.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did anyone get to the point where thousand maws is unlocked? I'm hoping all the instances aren't gated by story quest. I'm 26 ATM and still on level 23 story quests because I stop for fates and do most of the side quests.

Not really that big a deal but I usually like to jump into dungeons right away for a break from the questing.
Good timing to find this link. I'll post it in the other thread too.

Unlocking Dungeons

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I asked online but servers went down before anyone could answer. Is the best way to level at low levels just questing?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
That's not accurate. Gilgamesh locked and unlocked at least a dozen times over the beta 4 weekend. We had a steady stream of new players being able to create accounts and log in. If you missed every single window, you haven't been trying very hard and you have no one to blame but yourself.
Sorrry bud but that's BS.

I'm on GMT and for on Gilg as soon as it came up in beta 4. But I spent the rest of beta trying to get my alt accounts onto Gilg. No fucking joy.

People voted for Gilg because they were assured there would be no problem getting on here. well the server is fucked. And if people running the forum guild give a shit about people they'll call a reroll on a decent server instead of worrying about where reddit/half the internet end up. I'm, lvl 23 but I'd sooner reroll and play with Kreugan etc than stay with the retards struggling on an overcrowded server for the next few months.

maybe I'm in the minority but I'd much sooner be led by people who deserve to have a voice like Kreugan than fucking no marks who are trying to use this forum.

make the call and make it in the next 12 hours but don't be a selfish dick. Fuck early access, this forum is the elite of MMO players and could make a mark in this game for years to come - if people can get over their epeen.

Chysamere you obviously know you're shit and people will follow you, but make the right call and look after people or this guild will be dead before it starts.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

I'm on GMT and for on Gulg as soon as it came up in beta 4. But I spent the rest of beta trying to get my alt accounts onto Gilg. No fucking joy.

People voted for Gilg because they were assured there would be no problem getting on here. well the server is fucked. And if people running the forum guild give a shit about people they'll call a reroll on a decent server instead of worrying about where reddit/half the internet end up. I'm, lvl 23 but I'd sooner reroll and play with Kreugan etc than stay with the retards struggling on an overcrowded server for the next few months.

maybe I'm in the minority but I'd much sooner be led by people who deserve to have a voice like Kreugan than fucking no marks who are trying to use this forum.
140 people should reroll for what, 5? 10? people who haven't managed to get on Gilg. Mmhmm. We're not rerolling. 0 chance. You can either keep trying to get on Gilg or you can not play with the group. The server is fine for the vast, vast majority of us. I'm sorry for the people that didn't get in. But you had your chances and if you are patient, you will still be able to. You might be a few hours or a day behind, but that's not our fault.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm

This. Can we please pick a non-fucked server?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I'm on GMT and for on Gulg as soon as it came up in beta 4. But I spent the rest of beta trying to get my alt accounts onto Gilg. No fucking joy.

make the call and make it in the next 12 hours but don't be a selfish dick. Fuck early access, this forum is the elite of MMO players and could make a mark in this game for years to come - if people can get over their epeen.
So go play with kreugan(who based on his posts will quit within a week, if he even last EA). No one is forcing you to play on gilg. There is currently 103 people in the FC(and more in the LS not invited yet) last I was on. Yes lets go re-roll because a few people can't get on the server right now. I'd much rather be on a overcrowded server right now, and when this initial rush is over(1-2 weeks) its back to medium-high then on some shit population server. If EA is so unimportant as you pointed out, why not just wait and roll on gilg where the vast majority already are when the rush is over?

Hell start your own little FC on w/e server you want.

Btw the bolded made me laugh. It's a internet message board no one deserves anything, outside maybe draegan who puts up his time/money to have the place running.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Gilg isn't fucked, game experience has been great on the server.

Unfortunately, those who slept through last weekend and didn't make a character probably aren't going to be able to get on for a bit. Make a character elsewhere and transfer in a few weeks if it matters.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm on GMT and for on Gilg as soon as it came up in beta 4. But I spent the rest of beta trying to get my alt accounts onto Gilg. No fucking joy.
You're raging because you can't get youraltaccounts set-up on launch day? Dude....

Tol_sl

shitlord
We have 100+ people, many of whom are 20+ on multiple classes. Why don't you guys start an alternate server or something until things calm down? Maybe they'll offer transfers in a few weeks, and people can decide what to do when the time comes.