Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Chiming in to say Gilgamesh has been great. Tons of people online in the company, katya's doing a great job and absolutely hilarious server community. Shit's going to happen regardless of what server got picked. The few people calling for a reroll have got to be trolling. Some of you have already got a character on Gilg and you can't honestly think an attempted reroll wouldn't fragment the company way more than having a very small minority of people have to wait a couple days that didn't give a fuck enough to make a character during beta 4.
Yeah, some of us though got fucked by the EU / NA thing so we can't log into Gilgamesh. Even though I had a char there during beta and was in the LS.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm I'd say either the slow gears wear or teleport one. Anything to save money at this time, none of that other stuff is really needed. Hell there is already too much exp :p The crafting stuff I would do on a announced future date.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That Meat and Mead will probably be must have for raiding right off the bat so I'd definitely plan to get it early, not right this second, but definitely early.

Artifa

N00b
Battle xp and then teleportation costs reduction I'd say. Teleporting saves a boatload of time but as-is its pretty expensive.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wish we knew what the reduced rates were vs extra xp. Both sound good.

The gear wear one isnt worth it while leveling.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow this is fucking horse shit, what a terrible fucking games. First it takes forever for the servers to come up and then when they finally get up Gilgamesh is grayed out, FINALLY after freeing up they go on Emergency Maint. then after the emergency maint. they do more maint! Jesus Christ Square Enix is awful, they just killed this game before it even had the chance to fucking take off. It's like they performed an abortion on a baby coming out of the womb. So fucking bad, I was really looking forward to standing around for 15 minutes waiting for mobs to spawn so I can fail at tapping it and no get credit for my questing. OH FUCKING WELL GG move on to the next fucking WoW clone.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
140 people should reroll for what, 5? 10? people who haven't managed to get on Gilg. Mmhmm. We're not rerolling. 0 chance. You can either keep trying to get on Gilg or you can not play with the group. The server is fine for the vast, vast majority of us. I'm sorry for the people that didn't get in. But you had your chances and if you are patient, you will still be able to. You might be a few hours or a day behind, but that's not our fault.
Based on the class poll there are potentially 100+ people not there yet. I've spent 4+ several hours trying to get on gilg but am ready to roll on an alt server in the meantime.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Based on the class poll there are potentially 100+ people not there yet. I've spent 4+ several hours trying to get on gilg but am ready to roll on an alt server in the meantime.
People click polls even if they aren't intending to play. A better measure is the link in my signature to the Guild signup sheet.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yes , that overcrowded shit for having too many people wanting to play fucked WoW hard , never came back from having their launch issues of overcrowding either.

( honestly its a catch 22 , the only way they "fix" it would be more servers which then leads to SWTOR 100 plus server down to what 10 now ? Although they should have a queue system for those willing to wait in queue to make characters)

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got 2 super casual friends and my brother who wanted to play with me, I warned them about the server, they chose Gilg anyway. None of them played the open beta, none of them got shit done ahead of time. Not one of them had much trouble making an account or getting a character created. One of them admittedly did have to wait most of the day to get a character created. Are these lucky exceptions? Maybe. Either way the salty tears in this thread are delicious. I won't defend the epic clusterfuck that the entire NA server infrastructure has been but playing/creating on Gilg isn't nearly as bad as the vocal minority is making it seem.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea you can't base the needs of the guild on a few who either can't make a character in gilg or today's events. Obviously if it becomes a long term issue ( say a week ) where most of us can't get on, then a decision needs to be made but not now. I've been on and off today with minimal issues until late afternoon when everyone had a problem. Asking 100 plus people to reroll based on one day is ridiculous.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Whoa there I'm not expecting anyone to reroll. Hell I'm not even willing to just start up a character to play while I wait because fuck doing all that twice for nothing.

But some of your arguments are just, come on. Okay, you worried that a medium to high launch server is going to be a ghost town after two weeks. So you think this game is Age of Conan levels of dogshit and will fall apart that fast? It's not like SE is throwing up ten new servers an hour. Who are the diehards that want to play this game for the next five years that are so worried about population that you are willing to put up with possibly another Archimonde? That's just baffling to me. It's called not learning from past mistakes, is all.

EDIT: Servers up, gilg still locked.