Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tide27_sl

shitlord
sweet. got mine
So what is the trick to getting this beta invite to work?

I got my beta key and went onto the FF14 site, it shows up under my services...but it wont let me log into the beta forums. The same name / password that works to get into my account isnt working to go onto the beta site to start the download.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
So I'm hoping this is a dumb question but here it goes. Once you get an invite your in for all phases right? I'm asking Bc I got a thank you for testing email and was confused....

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
8baCyLG.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So what happens if they go through this whole huge deal where they recall the game, spend years redoing it, and in the end it still sucks?

ixian_sl

shitlord
Square-Enix is probably going to be pretty fucked financially if this one doesn't do well, especially given the lofty expectations they've set for their titles due to their previous failures.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Honestly I enjoyed the parts of the game I allready got to test but for me wether or not the games a success is (and I hope it is) almost secondary to the fact that they earned my respect by saying I'm sorry we released a shitty product were going to try and correct that. How many companies in today's age would have the balls to do that.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
So where do you download the beta and get this thing started at?

Followed the instructions and it shows up under my account, but cant get into beta forums, no matter how many times I change my pwd.

Phandy

Golden Squire

Followed the instructions and it shows up under my account, but cant get into beta forums, no matter how many times I change my pwd.
I do not know this for 100% certain, but I would assume you can't get into the beta forums because they are still in Phase 2 and your invite is for Phase 3.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I do not know this for 100% certain, but I would assume you can't get into the beta forums because they are still in Phase 2 and your invite is for Phase 3.
I got into the forums without much issue so it's not that.

I had a similar PW issue, only it was to get into my SE account. It wouldn't recognize my info to log in and I tried for like 20 minutes. Eventually it let me in and from there I had no issue getting into the forums, creating a new forum nick, and dling the client.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>

I'm assuming you validated your account? If not that I know I had to wait a while for it to acknowledge my key then I could suddenly log into the forumns. Then in the forumns is the downloader.

Forgive me for repeating my question but once you get an invite your in for all stages right?

Phandy

Golden Squire
I got into the forums without much issue so it's not that.

I had a similar PW issue, only it was to get into my SE account. It wouldn't recognize my info to log in and I tried for like 20 minutes. Eventually it let me in and from there I had no issue getting into the forums, creating a new forum nick, and dling the client.
I went back and tried after reading this and I got in. Cheers.

Stave

Potato del Grande
If anyone gets a spare key, I would love to have one to use. Loved FF11 and would love to try this game rebooted. PM me if you feel so kind.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Their account management needs some work still. My old password didn't work. I had to change it. Then I was able to get to the page to download the client. Then it said my account was flagged for suspicious activity and made me change my password again (2nd time in 3 minutes). Finally it let me download the client.

BTW, does anyone know if they will now let you pay your sub with a credit card or do you still have to buy that virtual currency and then pay with that?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Their account management needs some work still. My old password didn't work. I had to change it. Then I was able to get to the page to download the client. Then it said my account was flagged for suspicious activity and made me change my password again (2nd time in 3 minutes). Finally it let me download the client.

BTW, does anyone know if they will now let you pay your sub with a credit card or do you still have to buy that virtual currency and then pay with that?
Crysta or whatever? No idea. Haven't checked on sub shit yet.