Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Got in to this weekend's beta. The launcher died on me mid-update, and it won't continue to update now, just sits at the same place forever. I see you brought your A games, SqEnix!

PlayOnline was better than this shit.
Must be a fluke. PlayOnline was complete dog shit. Keep trying.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I know, I remember it being dog shit (that's the joke), but at least I could log in once in a blue moon. This updater has me stuck at:

rrr_img_20484.png

I uninstalled, reinstalled and it's got this stuff cached somewhere, because it's still updating at the same point. Suppose I'll need to find and delete it.

Edit: Found it, the download cache is in My Documents\My Games. Patch downloads in My Documents? Ooookay.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's downloading normally now. I think it got caught up on something and refused to get past that point until I deleted whatever it had half-downloaded. I seem to remember the updater dying with some strange error the first time I tried, but that's not a new thing, so I just tried to restart it. We'll see if I manage to get the whole update this time.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It still refuses to let me download the whole game update. What shenanigans are these?

Edit: I'm not alone with this problem. It may be A/V related. I might try uninstalling nod32 for this, because I really want to play it for a few hours just to see what's up this time around.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
If the noob area isn't fun at the start, as devs usually use it to grab your attention and get you hooked, what makes you think the endgame will be any better?

Phandy

Golden Squire
To be honest a I don't. I'm far too skeptical these days. However this is a small part of my FF fanboy that hopes the introduction of Dungeons, GuildLeves, FATEs, etc at later levels do make it more interesting.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I sure the rest of the leveling experience is certainly better then the starter area...
you mean you dont like doing a dozen tutorial quests that are mostly letter delivering?

oh and make sure you use the beta npc to level yourself to 10 or youll run out of quests and have to wait on Fates before continuing.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
you mean you dont like doing a dozen tutorial quests that are mostly letter delivering?

oh and make sure you use the beta npc to level yourself to 10 or youll run out of quests and have to wait on Fates before continuing.
Once you hit 10 and do a couple particular quests, you can acquire 4 classes and auto level them all to 15. Check "other" forums for info.

A keen eye might be able to search for any of the following "Guide to Eorzea" in the post titles to find the data.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once you hit 10 and do a couple particular quests, you can acquire 4 classes and auto level them all to 15. Check "other" forums for info.

A keen eye might be able to search for any of the following "Guide to Eorzea" in the post titles to find the data.
the npc they tell you to visit cant level you to 15, it can only do 10 and 25, 25 needing some 15+ quest to do.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
the npc they tell you to visit cant level you to 15, it can only do 10 and 25, 25 needing some 15+ quest to do.
There are actually 4 npc's you have to visit, one for each class all throughout the eastern, southern, and northern shroud. You have to be of the class when you talk to them and they will in fact train you to 15, as I just did it. There are a couple of pre-req quests you have to do as well prior to being able to auto to 15.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are actually 4 npc's you have to visit, one for each trainer all throughout the eastern, southern, and northern shroud. You have to be of the class when you talk to them and they will in fact train you to 15, as I just did it. There are a couple of pre-req quests you have to do as well prior to being able to auto to 15.
wait, so to avoid an awful grind i need to go to a npc thats in a level 20 zone which wasnt mentioned in any Dev post, but shows up in some random players beta guide that isnt even on the first page or stickied in the general discussion?

fuck this game, im done.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
wait, so to avoid an awful grind i need to go to a npc thats in a level 20 zone which wasnt mentioned in any Dev post, but shows up in some random players beta guide that isnt even on the first page or stickied in the general discussion?

fuck this game, im done.
No, if you want to autolevel each of the 4 classes to level 15 then you need to put in a whole 10 minutes worth of time for a convenience. If you don't want to grind, go do Fates, craft, leves, dungeons, etc. No reason to get angry and scurry off.