Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Gameplay question...

So last night I finally got to the other city with my Gladiator at like Lv17. But waht I really want is aWarrior so I need to get the Marauder up to LV30. So I became a marauder. So waht is the best thing to do, stay at the new city and do all the quests there? Do i get a new main quest? What happens to the old Main quest I still have from the old city?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Gameplay question...

So last night I finally got to the other city with my Gladiator at like Lv17. But waht I really want is aWarrior so I need to get the Marauder up to LV30. So I became a marauder. So waht is the best thing to do, stay at the new city and do all the quests there? Do i get a new main quest? What happens to the old Main quest I still have from the old city?
From what I understand you cannot go back and do any of the quests you did with your original job as they are now complete. Not sure on the story quest.

Edit: As an aside, how did they make this game so you cannot trade items while in a Duty? Holy shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dungeon difficulty really picked up after Brayflox, like Temple of Qarn and Cutter's Cry are pretty intense(well the bosses, trash is a snooze fest). Hope it stays like that. Also they have some pretty cool mechanics. Just wish the ground shit would stop hitting me when I'm out of it for half a second, but eh just means you need to get out earlier.

Scholar is great fun so far, even though the lack of dispel is insanely fucking super annoying. Like those fucking bosses that cast paralyze on you, ugh. I should probably just get some consumables but cooldown won't help all that much. Only one more level for the dispel though. When I group with my black mage friend, since he sleeps everything, I spend 95% of the time on trash full DPSing in cleric stance, while the fairy does all the healing. Even without sleeps I can still get 4 dots out on every mob while still healing the tank. Hell I do it on bosses too, but can't keep them up all the time. Really like it, fun class, the pet is beast at healing and it's awesome when you have to reposition or some shit and the pet is still healing.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Someone just needs to step up and lead the leftovers on another server. I'll help you all with a server choice : Malboro. If in a month you want to go to gilg, you can server swap for about 10-15 bucks, if you dont feel like doing that, you can stick to the server or reroll your character from scratch.

Pick a server : Malboro *or wherever, I dont care*
Make a google docs to contain all the people on it so you know what people want to do classwise
Figure the rest out, its not hard to save gil and buy the required freecompany, ect.
YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS, if you aren't on gilg you aint hardcore! Enjoy your leftovers!

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gameplay question...

Do the new city quests. You do not get a new story quest but you will get a new hunting log for each class. You will have to do a little extra fate grinding but it should be super easy. Once you hit 14-15 you can set Swiftperch and Aleport(western la nosca) to favorites and grind the fates there until 20-22. You will not make gil this way due to the ports costing 50-60g and you getting 20-30 per fate but the levels go by super quick. Once you get 20 or so go ahead and continue your story quest with the marauder.

If you haven't already sold your old level 5-15 gear you got while leveling just reuse it and pick the gold option on every quest. If you did sell it for the 4-5 gold you got, that sucks
frown.png

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Gameplay question...

You won't get a new main quest but you will get class quests. There is some subset of city quests that you can do. After that it's fates / hunting logs. When you get to 10 you can enjoy instant duty queues as well.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a guide out there for what skills you can use as alternatives? I leveled a gladiator for 6 for the 30% melee buff, but you can't use it!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Gameplay question...

That's what I did. I did CNJ @ Gridania and did all the baby quests, etc. Then did ACN @ Uldah and did all the baby quests, etc. Then did THM @ Limsa and did all the baby quests, etc.

It's a good way to knock out most of the available content, and get most unlocks, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0

I don't know how up to date that is but it looks right.

Idk if someone said anything but it looks like they sent the stuff you get when you pre order so check your mail. The hat you get gives some useless stats but it gives 20% xp for any class under 10.
LOL, I'm gonna get Provoke on CNJ. Fuck yeah.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A low pop server doesn't even save you. I started trying to log in to Courl at 9am Sunday and it took me six hours to get in, and that's one of the lowest pop servers on the list. Most of the time the server list wouldn't even load, or I'd get 1017 before I even picked a character at all. I even got 1017'd out of a 4 person queue, ffs. During this time I also tried to get onto Lamia and Marlboro, also low pop servers. Same deal.

The complaints are fucking valid. Why does this game even have such outdated design? The zones don't even phase/instance if they are overcrowded, and that shit has been around since EQ2. Servers are melting trying to run noob zones with thousands of players in them and that's a problem that has been solved for a very long time.

At this point, server selection should be something you can change from a menu without even initiating a loading screen - and that's if you even have to bother picking a server to begin with. Most of the time it should be completely invisible to the player, as with TSW. Bottom line is you should be able to play with whoever you want without the outdated notion of "shards" getting in the way.

I wouldn't go as far as TSW and make chat go across all instances though. Agatha, omg.

But anyway, the throwback design of FF14 is actually part of its charm. In a "wow, people still make games this way? Didn't they play mmo_00x?" kind of sense, but also in some good ways.

PS: Fuck these Eorza queers how do I join the Empire? That Wakandan had a GUN on his SWORD.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW I was thinking of this yesterday... Why are they allowing people to be AFK in this game for hours when they have issues with people logging in? The sheer stupidity of this company is bewildering. Queue and Auto AFK kick feature would go a long way to solving these issues.

Of course people will AFK all day knowing they are holding a finite spot on the server. Im betting there are thousands of people logged on this morning, AFK until they come home tonight.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
You are really not going to know what to do when you can't make a new character because all the servers are locked.
Quit complaing YOU FUCKING WHINER , you shouldn't expect to play during early access nor bitch about it , and I've been playing 24/7 for 5 days straight with ZERO downtime even when they brought the servers down I was still online creating 57 characters and playing them all at once.

You know nothing.

Carry on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
BTW I was thinking of this yesterday... Why are they allowing people to be AFK in this game for hours when they have issues with people logging in?
Because they forgot to put in an afk auto time out

Isn't it hilarious?

There are people afking for upwards of half a day right now