Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Honestly a server population display now would be pointless as it would simply say full , unless they added a really fucking full , no we are serious , dont fucking roll here its so full , level.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
It's interesting how the game seems to parallel WoW when it released with the server issues, seemingly due to its apparent unexpected popularity.

I mean really, the relaunch of the breathtaking failure that was 1.0, of a franchise that for years has been circling the drain,

The game doesn't push the MMORPG genre forward in anyway, and all it has going for it is good cutscenes, amazing graphics, and oldschool mmorpg design that generally gets jeered at with vapid disgust would be still be a moderately appealing formula in 2013.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
It has familiar mechanics and tropes, draped in a pretty dress, with enough final fantasy references to tweak the nerdstrings of many a gamer. That's enough for me and apparently many other people, at least in the short term.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'm in the don't really care it's FF lore crowd myself. Barely touched other previous FF games , it's not a negative for me nor a plus.

It's an mmo that has tab target , global cooldown, non action combat , with the actual healer and tank roles , true ones at that , and actually looks good too.

Apparently they decided there's an audience for that while every other mmo dev has sneered at it.

Throw in sub model and no F2P too and they've hit exactly what I look for in an mmo overall.

For all my bitching about login issues , I'm hoping they do great financially and sub wise , because it's a big FUCK YOU to all the " F2P ,action ,instanced everything is the only way to go" fans and devs alike.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
d
Because they forgot to put in an afk auto time out

Isn't it hilarious?

There are people afking for upwards of half a day right now
Or perhaps it is because that's a standard thing in FF14 games -- AFK while in vendor mode. *Shrug*. Its not really a stupid idea in general, but, capping population while allowing it sure is. lol.

Threelions_sl

shitlord
I'm really enjoying the game when I can get in and play. I appreciate all the bitching on here because I've been getting some good laughs at work. Also the pro-tip is obviously the 0 on your numpad for slamming into the server.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well, the thing is, an afk auto kick or the ability to log in and therefore boot onesself off when stuck would probably have fixed several errors without Square having to do anything about them, especially the 3102 errors.

That's why it irritates me. Generally speaking no AFK auto log out would be glorious in most MMOs.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm more mad at the stupid 320.49 WHQL drivers, freaking Beta ones have to be more stable than this. Averaging 1-2 times a day and it's guaranteed to fubar the game client.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anyone order from GMG get a completely different 20 character code that what they they got from SE ? I just an email from them, same preorder code but different SE code.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did anyone order from GMG get a completely different 20 character code that what they they got from SE ? I just an email from them, same preorder code but different SE code.
Mine is the same.

EDIT: follow the links and check your account status. We have to put in that new 20 digit in order to actually sub. Neither of the old codes were actually 'game key' stuff they were preorder and then early access.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I assume everything limited again? I got in last night on Midgardsormr but cant make heads or tails how it happened. Luck?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The code to get your code was just for early access. No idea why they did it that way. But basically they allowed retailers to give you an 18 digit code that you could redeem with Square-Enix for a 20 digit early access code.

Then the retailers send you a separate 20 digit box code (normal or CE) that you input starting the 27th (which apparently works now, since it's 27th in Japan maybe?) for your actual game.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So have these piece of shit rang rang mother fuckers given an ETA yet on when their servers aren't going to be garbage? It's not even US prime time on any coast and shit is already full.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Problem is definitely not restricted to high population servers. Just made a new character on one of the two servers that were accepting (Siren, other is Phoenix) and even 0 spam didn't get me in. Hard cap on total population?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus, for a bunch of nonconformist asshats, some of you girls get your panties in a bunch over a word many of you sling around like a used Tenacious D cumrag. Yeah, I said American Inventor. Yes, in a way that was in no way illuminating or even humorous. Yes, I understand the tortured history and negative feelings that word can convey, just as I understand the jocularity with which it's tossed around nowadays. No, I'm not sorry and there's a good chance I'll say American Inventor again. That being said, allow me to lead us all in a rousing rendition of "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen" as my internets crater like Edward James Olmos' face and let's move on with the topic of FF, yes?
Riley Cooper??

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
So for my edification, since I didn't have to do this yesterday, the correct procedure is to spam the shit out of login servers, over and over, as it says it's full and kicks you back out, until you get in? Then never logging off as long as there is enough electricity to power your computer because you never want to go through hours of this unholy shite again?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So for my edification, since I didn't have to do this yesterday, the correct procedure is to spam the shit out of login servers, over and over, as it says it's full and kicks you back out, until you get in? Then never logging off as long as there is enough electricity to power your computer because you never want to go through hours of this unholy shite again?
Yes, took about 20 minutes with a g15 spamming 0 over and over to finally get in a queue to log in.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
If it works like yesterday, they'll let people in in waves. So if someone who is online comes here and kindly mentions when a large wave of people were let in and you weren't one of them, you probably want to go do something else for an hour and then come back and spam later.

Also, unless something has changed it isn't really a spam until it works thing. There will be like a 15 second window when they manually allow more people and as long as you try in that 15 second window you should get in. Then it will fill up again and there will be another hour wait. Spamming 0 as fast as possible doesn't really impact your chances to get in.

Note: this is from what I observed yesterday + some deduction, and isn't guaranteed to be accurate. Still at work myself.