Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hah oh boy. So anyone that cancelled the game's pre-order and don't have a code, but the game is already downloaded, need to find a retail copy of the game if they want to play past the 29th.

Good thing I am out of town this weekend
smile.png

Anyone selling a code I think I saw a CE one going for 20?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The actual game servers themselves can handle more players as they are currently configured - on the first day of EA they had no limits on how many could login (there was no 1017 error). Where their infrastructure failed was the Instance/Duty Finder server that is cross-server - it didn't work most of Saturday because of the load players were putting on it (mainly because almost every Story Quest and also Dungeons use it to create an instance for the player).

To stop the Duty Finder server from continually dying, their short term solution has been to cap the number of players that can actually log in at one time - Notice how the Duty Finder has been working fine since this was implemented. Side effect is people hammering the login servers trying to get in, causing continuous lobby crashes.

They don't need new World servers to be created, they just need to beef up whatever hardware the Instance server is running on which will allow them to re-open the current World servers to more logins and character creation.

The whole game is built around the Duty Finder and they obviously had no contingency plan for it failing like it did, so it's taking them awhile to come up with solutions.
This is probably close to what is actually going on, although it still doesn't explain why only certain servers have character creation locked. I think it's a combo if both, the duty server cannot handle the strain hence the 1017 error to limit load but some servers (gilg) probably are already at their thresholds, which explains the locks. I think them halting sales is the reality where they looked at numbers and saw the cannot contain what they have now without duty finder dying and subs are rising each day. It's a double edged sword , duty finder being down made the game basically unplayable for everyone so their position seems to be keep the experience good at the expense of those on the outside. So I can't disagree with their approach , I think the bitching would reach epic heights the other way around.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit.

I just logged in straight into the queue today just now on Exodus , no 1017 for the first time.
That was me on Monday. First logon, no problem. Had to relog, and it took me about 3 minutes to get back on. "What the fuck are all these people complaining about?"

Yesterday, it took me about 35-40 minutes.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
That was me on Monday. First logon, no problem. Had to relog, and it took me about 3 minutes to get back on. "What the fuck are all these people complaining about?"

Yesterday, it took me about 35-40 minutes.
Oh I've had the 45 mins of fighting 1017 too , seems completely random luck.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
I'm roughly 20 hours of playtime in and definitely see myself spending another 40-60+ over the next 3 months (time to play video games drops a lot now) with a decent chance I'll hit 6 months before getting bored and moving on. Not sure if I'll make it past the 90 day period, but that's better than any MMO other than Eve since... WoW release?

What was the typical hours of fun people got out of SWTOR before moving on? I skipped that game due to everyone including sibs being unimpressed.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a lotta bads that play this game. I definitely think we are getting some mmo first timers from the console side

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gilgamesh (and most others) were locked through Sunday of p4 along with the 3102 error. The extended p4 did have character creation unlocked and I believe the first day of EA had some too, but after that it's been locked down.

Threelions_sl

shitlord
We finally have someone who can make the FC on Marb, any recommendations on name?

Think we had a few in chat:

1. Error 1017
2. We wanted to be on Gilgamesh
3. Autohotkey Legends

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Sigh. Left myself logged in all day at work getting that sweet sweet rested in a town. After about an hour of play I black screen for 20min trying to load a story battle. Back to macro spamming to try and get past 1017. fffffff. I would rather have stable servers than log in and get kicked every 15min due to crashed but goddamn it's still frustrating
frown.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bah, 90k'd out the ass followed by 3102 all night. 1 step forward, 3 steps back with these guys.....

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I have a CE code from GMG that I cannot use. I didn't know if you already have a 1.0 account you have to get the CE upgrade from Square the other sites won't work. First $20 gets it.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Has SE said anything about bringing up more servers and opening up free transfers or what the fuck are they waiting for?