Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Spawn_sl

shitlord
Also don't forget the worse part about the materia bullshit.

1.) Your crafting skill better be in whatever armor type you wear, because it has to be kept up with your gear level to even slot the shit.

So not only do you have to be armorsmith level 19 to slot materia, if your gear is level 25 and you try to slot a tier 1 materia, your armorsmith level needs to be ~20-22. Oh did you also want to slot your weapon? That's blacksmithing or whatever your weapon type is.. What about rings / neck / bracelets? Goldcrafter or whatever..

The whole materia system is bullshit.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/materia/guide.php

Once you have your materia, your catalyst and a piece of equipment you will be able to meld it all together if your crafting class is high enough level. Each piece of equipment is assigned to a crafting class, usually this means the class who can create the item can attach materia to it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just a couple of tips if you have to wait to get in.

If you have a keyboard with a automated macro function, make one of the macro keys to continually hit 0 at a low delay.
You can then walk away, and go do stuff. By the time you get back you will probly be in and 0 doesnt do anything inside the game to your character.

This is just for people that have to wait for the world que thing to open up, not for people with all the errors.

I'm surprised with all the problems people are having that they haven't made people that are afk for like a hour be booted from the world. People are just logging in and not loggin off for days.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those with service account issues, there's some posts saying live chat might be available to NA at 12pm PDT.

EU customers are reporting that live agents are fixing the problem on the spot while NA service reps only have the power to escalate a ticket, however.

This link:https://squareenixen.custhelp.com/ap...38027/_icf_5/1
needs to have the #s replaced with your ticket and 5/1 or 5/5 at the end is NA, 5/2 5/3 5/4 are EU apparently. Might be best to simply go through the whole ticket process to generate a link if it becomes available.
Yea, currently sitting 23, we'll see if I get bounced or not.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Better pray you don't hit 0 in the next 30 minutes before they're even open
I've been in here for at least the last 10 mins and it's only moved from 25 to 23 so I'm thinking this is just the line for when it opens. Then again I'm using logic...

Deisun_sl

shitlord
Also don't forget the worse part about the materia bullshit.

1.) Your crafting skill better be in whatever armor type you wear, because it has to be kept up with your gear level to even slot the shit.

So not only do you have to be armorsmith level 19 to slot materia, if your gear is level 25 and you try to slot a tier 1 materia, your armorsmith level needs to be ~20-22. Oh did you also want to slot your weapon? That's blacksmithing or whatever your weapon type is.. What about rings / neck / bracelets? Goldcrafter or whatever..

The whole materia system is bullshit.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/materia/guide.php

Once you have your materia, your catalyst and a piece of equipment you will be able to meld it all together if your crafting class is high enough level. Each piece of equipment is assigned to a crafting class, usually this means the class who can create the item can attach materia to it.
I haven't done any crafting yet so correct me if I'm wrong, but...
It sounds like they've made it difficult to craft everything you need for yourself. I would think thats essential to a good crafting system isn't it?

Having to rely on other peoples craft skill for certain things is the backbone of a good system...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do crafting logs pull items from retainer inventories, or only your own?

How the fuck do you deal with garuda's oneshot shit near the end of the fight?
Tank Limit Break helps, also try to keep at least 3 of the pillars intact, the more alive they are the less damage you take.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So anyone have a clue how the warrior vs paladin thing is working out at the high end? Warrior looks like I just stand there and dps while my passive hp/healing buffs take care of everything, whereas paladin is a lot more cooldown intensive for basically the same effect.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Do crafting logs pull items from retainer inventories, or only your own?

Tank Limit Break helps, also try to keep at least 3 of the pillars intact, the more alive they are the less damage you take.
Isn't tank break only 10% damage reduction in 4-man, or is that outdated bs?

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
If anyone wants to buy an EU 60 day gametime card I just paid $30.67 for it from gw2play.net. I was trying to use it for veteran rewards but you cannot apply a game time card in the US (option doesn't even exist.) If you apply the GTC as subscription you get vet rewards instantly.

I will sell the key for $25 as a penalty for my dumbassery. PM me - paypal only.

Column_sl

shitlord
How the fuck do you deal with garuda's oneshot shit near the end of the fight?
I assume you are talking about phase 2, not when you hide behind the rock pillar.

The end of Phase 2 is a frontal cone AOE that doesn't go all the way to the end of the circle you sit in.

So if you are facing her, just run in the opposite direction, but still stay in that circle.

If you are talking about the pillars, the reason you guys are dieing is you have to have one pillar intact. Then dont be right on the pillar, cause when it blows up it takes off all your life.

When I was doing that fight we wanted to figure out, so my group didnt do any of those tactics. I just powered through that phase with no rocks up, by casting level 2 healing limit as Garruda was in her casting animation. It worked, but I found out later that is not the easy way to do it haha.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I thought the Auto Hotkey program solved the 1017 problems. At least it does for me.http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...l=1#post340564Run that for a few minutes and you'll get in.

I haven't had an issue with 1017's at all, and I'm on Gilgamesh. Yes I afk all the time, but since Sunday, I have been kicked from the game twice and was able to get back in within minutes. I have only had problems with the login server being down once since actual launch and that lasted for all of 30 minutes. I just don't understand what everyone is having trouble with. I understand the not being able to make characters on the server, but I thought we had guilds on multiple servers now because of that.

And I am glad that crafting has a payoff (repairs and materia binding and whatnot) as it should. It actually makes tradeskills worthwhile in a game where half the classes are for tradeskilling. If you put in the time to do tradeskills, you should get benefits for it. What's the alternative, make them worthless? They should not have any benefits because then people have a reason to do them? I just don't follow the logic. I'm surprised some of you aren't angry that you don't just get a max level char, and unlimited gil, straight off the bat with out any work at all. This isn't a new concept, welcome to MMO's.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the Auto Hotkey program solved the 1017 problems. At least it does for me.http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...l=1#post340564

I haven't had an issue with 1017's at all, and I'm on Gilgamesh. Yes I afk all the time, but since Sunday, I have been kicked from the game twice and was able to get back in within minutes. I have only had problems with the login server being down once since actual launch and that lasted for all of 30 minutes. I just don't understand what everyone is having trouble with. I understand the not being able to make characters on the server, but I thought we had guilds on multiple servers now because of that.

And I am glad that crafting has a payoff (repairs and materia binding and whatnot) as it should. It actually makes tradeskills worthwhile in a game where half the classes are for tradeskilling. If you put in the time to do tradeskills, you should get benefits for it. What's the alternative, make them worthless? They should not have any benefits because then people have a reason to do them? I just don't follow the logic. I'm surprised some of you aren't angry that you don't just get a max level char, and unlimited gil, straight off the bat with out any work at all. This isn't a new concept, welcome to MMO's.
The macro works but it is not perfect. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes, sometimes it takes an hour. Plus you said yourself you are basically exploiting the afk system in order not to constantly deal with logging in.

There are two servers with rerolled guilds, Gilgamesh is a lost cause when it comes to creating characters, Malboro gets locked nightly.

That stuff I can tolerate, accounting issues I cannot, which is what I'm going through.

ETA: The queue is moving, currently 19 in chat.

Malakriss

Still showing chat as unavailable from the ticket page, so apparently not actually open yet.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Still showing chat as unavailable from the ticket page, so apparently not actually open yet.
I'm still dubious about the NA support center even opening up today. These guys are total fuckwads and this is by far the worst MMO launch I've ever seen. Square is incompetent as fuck.

Malakriss

EU chat support was open today, and there was a message posted on the NA chat service last night that they'd have weekend hours.

spronk

FPS noob
I thought the Auto Hotkey program solved the 1017 problems. At least it does for me.http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...l=1#post340564Run that for a few minutes and you'll get in..
logout right now and i'll guarantee you won't get back in. There are just a range of issues (lobby 2002, datacenters not visible, etc) that can break the login spam macro anytime, you don't see it during non-prime time but right now on the weekend your chances of getting in game are slim. Once you do get in of course everything is great, since a huge chunk of people on the server are just AFK.

its a bit funny that there doesn't seem to be anyone at square who even thinks restarting the servers every 12 hours might be a good idea, to clear out all the AFKers.

this was the english translations of Yoshis recent message

YoshiP_sl said:
Login Issue Update

I know many of you are still affected by the World login and character creation restrictions, so I would like to give you all a brief update on the progress of the measures we are taking to alleviate this situation.

Current Server Status

To ensure as many players as possible can log in and create characters on existing servers, our development and operations teams are monitoring server load and population around the clock, placing and removing restrictions with even the slightest fluctuation in numbers in order to maintain near-full capacity on each World. We are still experiencing maximum concurrent connection numbers of over 230,000 users. This number, however, has taxed some of our instance servers, and is causing unexpected down time here, as well.

Scheduled Maintenance for Wednesday, September 4 (Japan Time)

The addition of new Worlds, as well as the adjustments to the duty finder servers, will be complete as of tomorrow. We will then enter our final internal testing phase of these features in preparation. If the results from these tests are favorable, we will conduct an extended all-World maintenance on Wednesday (Japan time). Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear.

When Worlds do finally reopen after the maintenance, we expect a rush of players trying to log back in. To prevent any further login issues, we will be using the utmost caution when restarting each World. Please understand that there may be some congestion at this time.

The development and operations teams are currently dedicating their full resources to alleviating the issues at hand and providing all of our players with a stable environment in which to experience the realm of Eorzea.

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.
So 230k concurrent connections, dunno how many actual customers that means - 500k, 750k? Obviously a ton of people cant get in so who knows what the multiplier is, I think the industry average is around 10x but closer to 1x during launch week.