Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

asocirev_sl

shitlord
All 1017 all morning... nm just got in. Thanks to the macro :0

For those that have been playing more than me, what do you think the class distribution is looking like? I've rolled a GLD and I seem to not see enough healers. A little anecdotal considering I'm only 17.. just curious.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Aah after all the love FFXIV got in this thread I just had to order it. Got my key from Offgamers as someone suggested earlier. Que wasn't so bad around lunch, only took a couple of 0's to get in. So far I really like the character creator and the graphic engine :)
LOL, love? This is without a doubt the most incompetent launch of an MMO in history, and it's a RE-LAUNCH.

This game fucking sucks. I still haven't been able to play it since the hour EA started. All refunds are denied even if you haven't used your activation code.

Edit - I cannot stand the fucktards on the general forums, but I'm forced to wade in there to try and figure out where to get a refund. Amazon and GMG tell you to F-Off, SE support just deletes your ticket. The constant refrain of fallacies is infuriating. I've never seen such white knighting. I know these are the classics, but there will be one poster looking for a refund and literally 5 or 6 of these pieces of bullshit will get posted by different users within 5 minutes. It's like they are playing the greatest hits of douchery over there:

1. "Well, if it's so bad, why don't you make your own game that's better then come tell us how easy it is."

I guess I better learn to be a chef then so I can say my food tastes like shit, or maybe I need to go to medical school to be able to properly identify that my doctor touched me funny.

2. "You agreed to the TOS, they could take the servers down forever tonight and rape both your parents and it's totally legal. TOS = LAW!"

This one fucking boggles my mind. You tell these idiots TOS has no standing in court, is not a contract (hell, it is not even regularly read by the party agreeing), is not law, and even LINK TO THE PRECEDENT and all they will say is "Stupid Americans."

3. "You don't deserve a refund because they are fixing it and eventually it will work."

Consumer laws are pretty clear you can't ship non-functional shit legally and just "patch it in" at some undisclosed later date, but that doesn't stop them from getting away with it.

4. "They are so fast and good at communication - look, they keep telling us to "Be Patient" and "We're fixing it"! This totally is not what they'd be saying if they weren't doing shit, taking a vacation, and continuing to be grossly incompetent by locking worlds to character creation and failing to implement Auto-AFK. Look, Yoshi's crying - they automatically deserve all the benefit of the doubt in the world!"

No way I will ever touch any other SE game again. They can release Chrono Trigger 2 and shove it right up their ass for all I care. Frankly, I'm simply going to avoid any game based out of Japan for NA play, because these fuckers are culturally (communication and handling of issues) and economically (programming, server locks, forced to take game off sale due to terrible planning) incompetent.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
LOL, love? This is without a doubt the most incompetent launch of an MMO in history, and it's a RE-LAUNCH.

This game fucking sucks. I still haven't been able to play it since the hour EA started. All refunds are denied even if you haven't used your activation code.
Ummm, I've put in probably 60 hours since open beta. My girlfriend with a 8-5 banker job (literally, working at a bank), and a 2 year old has still managed to put in about 14-15 hours into the game, mostly during "peak game hours" after putting the kid to sleep, and that's with a very low threshold for the queue before getting bored and calling it a night (it's her first mmo and thinks I'm crazy to put up with it) and having had the game lock up on the PS3 at least 4 times booting back to 1017 which will cause her to instantly put the game down for the night, since she's playing on the ps3, it's not like she's using some autohotkey macro spam to log in either, she's totally envious of my laptop because of it though.

Don't really care to debate any of the other points you've made in the post (you went full retard mentioning the nuclear power plant), but if you haven't been able to log in, even one hour, that's not entirely S-E's fault.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
P.S. if you weren't such a retard, instead of wasting hours of your life trying to get a refund from multiple global corporations which have explicit no refund policies (but it's ok, you're a unique snowflake, you'll totally just be able to talk to a drone in customer support to get them to change the policy set by some Vice President of whatever 5 layers of management removed from the workerbee that you'll be complaining to), you would have just sold your account to one of the several people in this very thread who have been looking to buy a key.

But my guess is that your time is not valuable to you, because no one else values your time either, hence why you are willing to spend hours looking to get back 30 dollars, out of some sense of self-entitlement or about how the world should be fair and equitable, while all the smart people would have just dumped their account onto someone else and moved on.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Ummm, I've put in probably 60 hours since open beta.
Well I'm glad you're luck is better than mine. I guess if you don't have the problem, it doesn't exist. If you think it takes hours to make a few forums posts, well, I'd hate to have your time management skills. That's the wonder of technology and the internet - multitasking and productivity.

I guess you also don't see the difference in the principle of getting a refund, vs. continuing to fulfill SE's sale by sending it to another consumer (who CAN'T just buy another, because it is not on sale). Nor do you value principles with your time. I guess you think it's acceptable to pay for a product and be rarely, if ever, able to login, and generally have most servers character-creation locked.

By the way, if CE codes are going for $20 in this thread, what would you guess the economic value of a Regular code is in this thread? Do you think the consumer, who has already probably lost more value in their time seeking a refund than the original product ($30), should also have to take that hit too? If the answer is yes, are you a corporate lawyer?

Perhaps you'd just charge-back the vendors with no fault, like Amazon. Fair enough, but don't act like you're on the high horse when you are actually on the low road.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ummm, I've put in probably 60 hours since open beta. My girlfriend with a 8-5 banker job (literally, working at a bank), and a 2 year old has still managed to put in about 14-15 hours into the game, mostly during "peak game hours" after putting the kid to sleep, and that's with a very low threshold for the queue before getting bored and calling it a night (it's her first mmo and thinks I'm crazy to put up with it) and having had the game lock up on the PS3 at least 4 times booting back to 1017 which will cause her to instantly put the game down for the night, since she's playing on the ps3, it's not like she's using some autohotkey macro spam to log in either, she's totally envious of my laptop because of it though.

Don't really care to debate any of the other points you've made in the post (you went full retard mentioning the nuclear power plant), but if you haven't been able to log in, even one hour, that's not entirely S-E's fault.
The fact that a third party hotkey program is needed to spam logging in does make it SE's fault. Whether it works or not is besides the point (and let's face it, this weekend the lobby issues have broke the script half the time).

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Macro does not work for me after the first attempt, I have to manually click the 1017 prompt that comes up. Havent been able to plays since yesterday afternoon, this game is really starting to piss me off.

edit: I think it's because I changed the Num0 keybind in game and I cant actually change it back until I log in.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Has anybody else not been able to log in for the last 3 days?

I don't think I'll be subbing. That mixed with 4 friends being stuck on 3 different servers I don't really give a shit at this point.

misery_sl

shitlord
That mixed with 4 friends being stuck on 3 different servers I don't really give a shit at this point.
I think this is what annoys me the most. Have they said anything about how they are going to address this issue? How many of those people who cannot play together will roll new chars on the new servers when they come out so that they can play together? I wonder if they'll have enough new servers to handle all the load they're going to be getting. If they're unprepared again I think a lot of players will flat out quit the game. If they start up too many servers and half the population gets bored and quits in a month SE is going to be left with a bunch of empty servers, and it's also going to be bad. I really hope they can handle this, but somehow I have my doubts.

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So it has been over a week since they opened up the servers and we are still dealing with the same bullshit. It shouldn't be this much work to log into a fucking game, I'm going to let this collect some dust until SE unfucks themselves.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's just annoying because they've done this fucking twice now. How do you spend that much money completely remaking a game and make the same mistakes?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I cant imagine how mad I would be if I bought a box, brought it home and discovered that I couldn't create a character on any server.

xmod2_sl

shitlord
Up to 30, the entirety of the launch issues seem to be hardware/server related. Once in game, the game runs great and everything is working. Not sure if post 30 I'll start bumping into mountains of buggy, untested content like in GW2.

Dealing with 10 minutes of 1017 lets me play for as long as I'd like (until my video card driver crashes), so my experience is more in line with Antarius. Out of the majority of my guild playing FF14, there are maybe two people who cry about the login issues and stamp their feet about a refund. I have to imagine they're just impatient babies, since the rest of the guild is pretty consistently in game.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Has anybody else not been able to log in for the last 3 days?

I don't think I'll be subbing. That mixed with 4 friends being stuck on 3 different servers I don't really give a shit at this point.
I've logged in for around 2 hours. I crashed to desktop and haven't been able to get in since. I literally had the macro running for 20+ minutes at a time. It'd stop because the NA servers would be down and don't repopulate until you restart the client, I would restart it, repeat ad naseum for 4 hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ok I have another question. Either I'm retarded or the game is.

I had used my account on the PS3 beta but instead bought the PC version. It's up and running.

Now I want to use the PS3 copy I bought to setup my girlfriends account. The account is made, but the only way to make PS3 service account is through using the system in-game. WHenever I load up the game, to login it has my original account name but it is greyed out and you can't change it. So I deleted the game and all data on the memory and re-installed. Now it says I can setup my new account on the system and I go through the steps. I say I have an account because that's the only option it gives me, and in the next step it asks me to login and has my account listed again greyed out.

How can I just make it so that her name is able to fucking login? I'm either retarded or this is fucking bullshit. WHY THE FUCK IS THE NAME GREYED OUT. FUCK.

misery_sl

shitlord
Up to 30, the entirety of the launch issues seem to be hardware/server related. Once in game, the game runs great and everything is working. Not sure if post 30 I'll start bumping into mountains of buggy, untested content like in GW2.

Dealing with 10 minutes of 1017 lets me play for as long as I'd like (until my video card driver crashes), so my experience is more in line with Antarius. Out of the majority of my guild playing FF14, there are maybe two people who cry about the login issues and stamp their feet about a refund. I have to imagine they're just impatient babies, since the rest of the guild is pretty consistently in game.
Somehow that isn't very reassuring.