Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Sounds like a you problem. I chat a lot both in and out of guild. I always find people wanting to party up or jus run quests together. Your probably super introverted and angry online, thus you have no friends.
You probably like to have sex with little boys, thus you make up for your shame by projecting your failings onto strangers online.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
What I've noticed is sometimes when I'm clicking through it puts me in the queue, but if I hit zero again, it just starts over and the queue is full again. I don't know if the autokey thing accounts for that, but it may be a reason some people seem to take longer getting in.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been playing consistant since Saturday but only because I've been logging in the morning ( which still takes 15-30 mins) then just staying in game all day. I paid for this damn product and I'm going to get my money's worth. I agree, despite how good the game is ( which is debatable itself), it ain't worth the bullshit you have to put up with.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The auto hotkey thing clicks the mouse where it needs to, so when the queue window pops the mouse never moves into that window to click, so never cancels and will just keep running till you turn it off(which also helps as you usually get in queue at least once and get server full message again, in which the script just keeps going).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but the auto hotkey thing is useless when the NA/EU servers keep going down like every 5 min.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
What I've noticed is sometimes when I'm clicking through it puts me in the queue, but if I hit zero again, it just starts over and the queue is full again. I don't know if the autokey thing accounts for that, but it may be a reason some people seem to take longer getting in.
i have been doing it manually. i get in pretty quickly.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nevermind, I guess I Needed to make her a PS3 account separate from mine. Fuck this shit
Heh, seems like you figured it out on your own... it's actually not that bad now that I got the hang of it, it's really no different than having different user logins on a xbox360... it takes literally 10 seconds to switch accounts back and forth (it's literally the first thing on the ps3 UI)(assuming both of you save your passwords and use auto-login...) I think it gives my girlfriend kind of an ownership feeling over the ps3... She's actually gone out and purchased a movie to download using her credit card info instead of begging me to get something.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
was logged in for three days in a row before a run time error this morning. now my start button is greyed out...

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess you think it's acceptable to pay for a product and be rarely, if ever, able to login, and generally have most servers character-creation locked.

By the way, if CE codes are going for $20 in this thread, what would you guess the economic value of a Regular code is in this thread? Do you think the consumer, who has already probably lost more value in their time seeking a refund than the original product ($30), should also have to take that hit too? If the answer is yes, are you a corporate lawyer?
I buy things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, I don't get too upset one way or the other. I'm not a corporate lawyer, I keep airplanes from colliding in the sky, I work at the 5th busiest air traffic control facility in the world. I make 60 dollars an hour. Sometimes it's worth my time to complain and get something fixed, I spent around 3 hours of my life getting a defective laptop RMA'd at newegg last week. If I buy a movie and don't like the flick, I just chalk it up as 20 dollars down the drain, asking for a refund is just you being an asshole. Same thing with bad video games, I've had an INFINITELY better time with ffxiv over say, dragon age 2...

I buy MMOs because I plan on playing them for, at a minimum, 3 months, sometimes I get years, such as with EQ or WOW, Sometimes I get bored because of EVE, SWTOR, SHADOWBANE, RIFT.

You sound like the type of person that makes life miserable for people in customer support, and restaurants. I worked in the service industry most of my life, so I know better.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I buy things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, I don't get too upset one way or the other. I'm not a corporate lawyer, I keep airplanes from colliding in the sky, I work at the 5th busiest air traffic control facility in the world. I make 60 dollars an hour. Sometimes it's worth my time to complain and get something fixed, I spent around 3 hours of my life getting a defective laptop RMA'd at newegg last week. If I buy a movie and don't like the flick, I just chalk it up as 20 dollars down the drain, asking for a refund is just you being an asshole. Same thing with bad video games, I've had an INFINITELY better time with ffxiv over say, dragon age 2...

I buy MMOs because I plan on playing them for, at a minimum, 3 months, sometimes I get years, such as with EQ or WOW, Sometimes I get bored because of EVE, SWTOR, SHADOWBANE, RIFT.

You sound like the type of person that makes life miserable for people in customer support, and restaurants. I worked in the service industry most of my life, so I know better.
Your movie analogy is not a comparable situation. Are you saying if you buy a movie for 20 bucks and then find that you can't even watch it due to it being defective, you just move on and chalk the 20 bucks down the drain? I think that's what you are missing. For many (obviously not you) FFXIV is a defective product because they can't even get in the game to experience it. Saying it's a bad game due to mechanics is one thing, but if you can't even experience the content that you paid for, how do expect people to be pissed.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your movie analogy is not a comparable situation. Are you saying if you buy a movie for 20 bucks and then find that you can't even watch it due to it being defective, you just move on and chalk the 20 bucks down the drain? I think that's what you are missing. For many (obviously not you) FFXIV is a defective product because they can't even get in the game to experience it. Saying it's a bad game due to mechanics is one thing, but if you can't even experience the content that you paid for, how do expect people to be pissed.
Better analogy... Sometimes I shop at Walmart. I absolutely loathe going to Walmart at certain times of the day (around 11pm-midnight) because their store is packed with second shifters getting off work, and they don't have nearly enough cashiers on hand to handle the load. I've waited in a line for 30 minutes before.

Does that mean I complain to the cashier and ask to get my items at a reduced rate or free? If I need an item, I have no other options, I can't go to any other store within a 30 minute drive. I'm trying to give these people money, they are going to get my money regardless of how poorly they treat me... Does that mean I fill up a message board with my hate about walmart? (well I actually do that last one a little)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
yes, you do. because you are a bitch ass redneck neckbeards.

EDIT: upon further examining the analogy i suppose the major difference between the folks waiting in line and folks who are stuck in the login is the paid factor. folks in FFXIV paid for their shit and can't get in. folks in wal mart have not yet paid, so they can simply drop their shit and move on. if they have a choice to move on to another supplier. which they do not.

but yeh, people who didn't have access to it briefly stopped bitching now. soon, they are gonna bitch about running out of things to do because they poopsocked everything at the top.

Ryanz

<Banned>
It's telling me the server is full, so I activate the auto log in script and it loops a few times, and then it tells me that it cannot populate the NA/EU worlds, and my only option is the Japanese servers. I then have to wait about 10 mins to get it to populate the NA/EU servers again....server full...rinse repeat. I think I'm just about done with this game. I mean...the game isn't fun enough to justify all the trouble it takes just to log in. It's really a mediocre at best MMO, and I just don't have the patience or time for such amateur bs. Good for those that can actually play the game and are having fun, but I think I'll just throw this one on the back burner and wait for Wildstar.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I don't know how the fuck you people are getting through the 1017 errors. I've been using the script for hours at a time over this entire 3 day weekend, to no avail. Are you just staying logged in?
For the most part, though as others have said, after a few days the game spazzes and you have to restart.

There's a lot of cool things that they added and thought of; for example, I put the lancer slow attack on my archer. It gained her range (25 yds) and was an honest instant, since a lot of archer abilities have a wind up time.

Made fares ridiculously easy especially when I came in late. But cool that they made it a range attack.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Today has been particularly bad, something about a holiday where people don't have to work... something like that. I tried for about 30 minutes today before I realized it was labor day and just gave up.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
On the plus side, I do actually have fairly high hope for their server upgrades fixing things, they have been able to keep their forums up after the initial crush, so that means that, properly prepared, they know what kind of load to expect.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
Everyone knows about the log in scripts, so its not nearly as effective now. Been running it for an hour no luck