Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah from what im reading this is one big fail. Maybe they can tune it to work properly but fuck, its not even near prime time and the shit is already folding. What will happen when another few hundred thousand try to log on this evening?

Malkav

French Madman
Gaaaaah.

Queuing for Castrum Meridianum Baileys, get in after a 10min queue as a DPS (which is amazing) only to get 90ked 10 sec into the thing and now I'm enjoying 3102...
30min later and I still can't get in.

I wonder if it's worse when that shit happens in an instance. It's as if the linkdead kick is not coming while you're on the instance server.

The character select screens says I'm in Castrum Meridianum, so I may not have been kicked from the instance.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Logged in 8min or so after my last post. No issues whatsoever got in on first try. Those of you still having problems on Gilgamesh?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I played for about 3 hours this morning before work on Excalibur, no issues.

Are the NA servers really already back down? Wow. Im not angry enough to go back and play D3, but jesus....
The lobby server may be down but the servers themselves are up.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The lobby server or whatever has the NA server list on it has always been one of the bottlenecks. Probably all of us spamming to get in. If they didn't upgrade that, well....

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
30min later and I still can't get in.

I wonder if it's worse when that shit happens in an instance. It's as if the linkdead kick is not coming while you're on the instance server.

The character select screens says I'm in Castrum Meridianum, so I may not have been kicked from the instance.
No, doesn't matter instance or not. I was in town and got 3102'ed. That was over an hour ago. The servers seem to be up but it's getting in and staying in for a lot of people.

There is already a huge "Please log me out 3102" thread over on the official forums already, so it's not any worse regardless of what you did/didn't do.

The really sad thing is there are about five or six mmos I can go play right now, but don't want to (including two that are lifetime subs) and the one I actually want to get into to play hasn't charged me a thing; not even the box because I'm from 1.0

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Good thing they did that in depth "testing" and prep the new system to fix it just as they did for the beta 4 problems , I mean it's not like they knew it was going to get crushed or anything......................................

Column_sl

shitlord
Rolf they are still having massive problems this morning, I got to think they have no clue how to fix there infrastructure problems.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Prepare for Yoshi apology again tonight when prime time blows the fuck up - followed by screaming posts of "LEAVE YOSHI ALONE" on the official forums.

Column_sl

shitlord
So yeah I just got the 3102. I wonder if this is some counter measure they are using for people spamming the log in to get in.

The best game no one can play haha

Artifa

N00b
Whatever this patch is, it didn't fix my lag spike/dc issue. Starting to get a wee bit cranky about it. In the meantime I guess I will level up gathering.
I was also getting spikes and dcs in dungeons this last weekend. I basically gave up for the time being and have been gathering and crafting. Never 90k'd outside of a dungeon... its gotta be something with the game, but I might as well check my ISP support forums too.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So my SQL server move/upgrade went way smoother than I expected , actually working with competent software support on the app end is always a nice thing , and I'm done for the day. Wife has the youngest out for the day shopping and so on , other one's in school.

Chances of me going home and just sitting down and logging in to play with no 3102/9000/1017 issues at all after this big "fix" ?

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
Chances of me going home and just sitting down and logging in to play with no 3102/9000/1017 issues at all after this big "fix" ?
Not looking great thus far, lobby servers are down for me currently. Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully this is the last wrinkle. If not, I am starting to be in agreement with one of the previous post. If they don't have it fixed this go around, I really don't think they have a clue as to remedy the situation.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
According to official post they opened one new server.

An EU one.

Oh as posted below two , I think a JP server and an EU one.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They added 1 and increased the existing server cap from 5000 to 7500 so a 50% increase per server.
Will be interesting to see the effects of the server cap increase.
Whenever I finally got into the game I rarely had lag problems.
Curious if they've just traded one problem for another.