Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the extent of what they know is that all their servers are full and their login server is getting slammed. But outside of that I don't think they have any idea on numbers. If so, they would know they need to open up a fuck load more servers.

If they don't, as soon as they allow box sales again it will all come crumbling down again, no matter what they do to fix it in the meantime.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So this patch did nothing to open up new character creation for gilgamesh?
frown.png
have friends that were waiting for today hoping to be able to make toons on the server.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My friend who hasn't been able to play since early release (he was on vacation) made a character on Gilgamesh this morning before work just fine.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It sounds like it was open for a very brief time period after maintenance completed. Unfortunately, once again, all servers are locked (this isn't first hand knowledge since I'm at work, however).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Several hours isn't brief? I mean, it's been locked for a fucking week...you know, the entire week that the game has been live. For simplicity, we'll say the server has been up for a week on live (not counting early access), so 200 hours. A few hours of availability to create a character, to me, sounds like a problem.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you can't even log existing characters into the server, why would they let new ones? It's not like they go into limbo and give a "well you have a character now, please 1017 spam just to get to the intro!"

Common sense said if you wanted to make a character, get up at 6am est when the servers came back up.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's kind of funny to me that people are surprised that the servers are botched after a lengthy maintenance and overhaul. Drastic changes always breed massive problems. I'm not being an apologist here as I do agree that the servers have been fucked for WAY too long, but I am not surprised at all that the servers are fucked today in particular. Maintenance of this sort always ends the same way.

I'm really glad that I've been busy during all of these problems. I am pretty certain that I won't get to play this much during the weekend, though(because of server problems).

skylan_sl

shitlord
It's kind of funny to me that people are surprised that the servers are botched after a lengthy maintenance and overhaul. Drastic changes always breed massive problems. I'm not being an apologist here as I do agree that the servers have been fucked for WAY too long, but I am not surprised at all that the servers are fucked today in particular. Maintenance of this sort always ends the same way.

I'm really glad that I've been busy during all of these problems. I am pretty certain that I won't get to play this much during the weekend, though(because of server problems).
Pretty much this. I made the mistake of participating in one of those epic barrens type newb chats in East Thanalan, told them all they were being way too optimistic about this 10 hours of downtime fixing everything completely. It's pretty much re-launch when you make as many changes as they did and I'd be very surprised if the 3012 was the last major bug we get out of this. I'll be happy if i can play again by Friday.

I'm not an apologist whatsoever, they could have had a more realistic view of what type of hardware is needed before they implemented it just by introducing a fucking afk kick. I doubt they have the capability to know what percentage of their population is AFK, but then again I could be wrong.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I doubt they have the capability to know what percentage of their population is AFK, but then again I could be wrong.
Its pretty obvious now that they dont even have a clue as to how many keys they sold.

Either they are doing this intentionally, for some money issue or some save face later bullshit by not having any server consolidations, or they are simply clueless and have no clue how to contain the dam that just broke. Remember, they have not even been selling keys lately. So this is only to contain what they sold a week ago.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did I know there were going to be lobby issues? I never saw anything from them that addressed it.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Unfortunatly I am kind of burned out already. I just cant stand these dungeons in newer games, where you just smash through in 30 minutes and saw everything already. Themepark mmorpgs just doesnt seem to be my type of game.

Back to Dota2 and probably some Vanguard again.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't believe this 3102 crap is still going on. These are open beta issues, how is it they don't have a way to log out stuck characters by now?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
according to SE, they just fixed the 3102 20 minutes ago.

having played in a few previous mmos, who wants to bet that the patch info reverted the previous hotfix they had done for the 3102s at launch and it was a "simple" fix of just reapplying the hotfix.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Successfully created and logged in on Gilgamesh with no real issues.. hit me up at "Kojiro Sasaki" if you're in Gridania!
Same, just not sure what to roll this time, wasnt really digging scholar. Went glad to try out melee, likely switch to dragoon or monk which ever has the dps.