Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can you even buy it yet?

I'd say yes if the server issues are really sorted out. It sounds like they are, but it's still not prime time, so we'll see.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone who puts Dell in their datacenters do an injustice to their industry.

Yes I am biased as an HP exclusive enterprise reseller
Tell HP to Fix their G7 NIC driver issue on Oracle Linux and I'll believe Dell is shit. Until then, I reboot them every 280 days and bitch nonstop about HP.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
You both suck - have to deal with server support on both sides all the time for our various clients.

No shit , we did HP enterprise chat support for a server with the 4 hour warranty yesterday - we waited for "Guru D" to come online - we were chuckling as it was the first time we had seen that shit - the kicker is "Guru D" after two hours of not even knowing how to work his own fucking diagnostic software had us send a fucking picture - a fucking picture - of the server ram to prove it was HP ram before he'd authorize the replacement - we got that 4 hour part about 26 hours later .
Dell sucks too but they've never come online on the business side as "guru x" and had us send a fucking picture of a part.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
You both suck - have to deal with server support on both sides all the time for our various clients.

No shit , we did HP enterprise chat support for a server with the 4 hour warranty yesterday - we waited for "Guru D" to come online - we were chuckling as it was the first time we had seen that shit - the kicker is "Guru D" after two hours of not even knowing how to work his own fucking diagnostic software had us send a fucking picture - a fucking picture - of the server ram to prove it was HP ram before he'd authorize the replacement - we got that 4 hour part about 26 hours later .
Dell sucks too but they've never come online on the business side as "guru x" and had us send a fucking picture of a part.
That's because its 24x7 4hr response time. Basically they have 4 hours to respond to the issue not replace or fix the issue. If you are running business critical apps on plain 24x7 support then that is a business discussion. If you move those servers to Proactive Care (not really that much of a premium) you get a person that is from the states which is nice. If you up it more then you can get 6hr Call to Repair but you have to be a certain distance from a depot for part supply.

I feel your pain on HP support. Believe it or not a good reseller helps. Some of us can just make things magically happen.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is it worth buying?
Depends on what you are looking for. Whatever the reason, people are going crazy over it. I can't stop playing. The beauty of the game is unparalleled. The 4 man instancing is enjoyable even with the tanks who have no idea what they are doing.

It's just plain fun to see people in the open world playing. I haven't seen this many people in the open world in ages. An actual MMO where you see tons of people other than in a giant city..

Oh and the fishing is relaxing which is most important

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
What slacker said.

Main draw of the game I think for me is its not instanced and phased as all hell like the vast majority of mmo's have been the past 4 or 5 years.

It's main problem is the login issue but once in game it's definitely a few months worth of enjoyment maybe more but jury is out on that still.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually enjoy 8 man content even more. Get a lot more variation and it's a little more hectic.

And yeah, I don't know how other servers are (I imagine similar since they're all facing the same problems with congestion), but Gilgamesh feels like a very alive world. It's pretty rare that you're the only person hunting somewhere. Shit, even running deep in the Sylph village or those A'mijahlaiu guy's towns (I have no idea what they're called), I still ran into other people doing the same thing.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually enjoy 8 man content even more. Get a lot more variation and it's a little more hectic.

And yeah, I don't know how other servers are (I imagine similar since they're all facing the same problems with congestion), but Gilgamesh feels like a very alive world. It's pretty rare that you're the only person hunting somewhere. Shit, even running deep in the Sylph village or those A'mijahlaiu guy's towns (I have no idea what they're called), I still ran into other people doing the same thing.
To be honest, lots of people in the world is just new game syndrome since everyone is leveling, lets see in a few months . Shit most games I can think of had a load of people in the open world at the beginning so in that respect I don't think this game is different from anything else. We'll see if the job system continues to get people to lvl.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have honestly had a hard time enjoying just about any MMO as of late. I bought a lot of them knowing full well that I would hate them but gave in out of boredom and the need for my fix. GW2, going back to Rift and subbing...this is the first time in a while that I've actually looked forward to playing. I think a big part of it is that i'm much busier than I was in the past so I enjoy the free time more. The aesthetics of the game help too.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
12 days in I'm still playing and having fun. Lots of great things about the game. Not sure how fun max lvl will be, but the path to getting there is a great ride.

ili_sl

shitlord
To be honest, lots of people in the world is just new game syndrome since everyone is leveling, lets see in a few months.
Pretty much this. This happens with all new games and expansions that bring a new race or class. The easier it is to level the less time it will take for this to happen.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game feeds my altitis way too easily.

I am wasting so much time leveling up secondary classes instead of pushing on with the main class.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game could have easily had a slightly harsher leveling curve... I've easily outleveled the main quest by several levels at this point and I'm not grinding fates or anything... just doing the mainquest and "many" but not all side quests... Too late now, I'm sure they won't adjust it, but if the main class leveling was a bit slower, it wouldn't be bad, although 'd probably want alts classes to level up just as fast as they do now (or possibly even faster)

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
scumbag game developer: We can't allow you to talk to people on mounts, it would break 'immersion';

walk your mount (I giant chicken) up 100 or so steps to the top of a lighthouse;

Bruman

Golden Squire
This game could have easily had a slightly harsher leveling curve... I've easily outleveled the main quest by several levels at this point and I'm not grinding fates or anything... just doing the mainquest and "many" but not all side quests... Too late now, I'm sure they won't adjust it, but if the main class leveling was a bit slower, it wouldn't be bad, although 'd probably want alts classes to level up just as fast as they do now (or possibly even faster)
The side quests present almost an entirely different leveling path. They're for alts and dead space in the main story line. If you're doing them all on your first class, yeah, you'll be "ahead" of the story line. But if you're just doing the story quest line, in the late 20s you'll start needing filler. I'm saving the side quests for other classes, so that they have options besides just dungeon runs / fates / leves. The leveling curve seems fine.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are a few bare spots for quests, even if you're doing the story and all the side quests. I want to say early 40's, you run out and have to FATE grind. Then 47 you'll end up running out because the story picks back up at 49.